T Nation

Speed/Strength Cycle

I need to put together a cycle to get bigger and faster for next years football season.Suggestions?

people are gonna want some stats...age, weight, years training, current PR's in the important lifts, some example of training regimen, maybe even a 40 time or verticle jump...then you'll get some help

Height:5 8'
Weight:120lb
Body Fat: 4% or around that. Im pretty cut
Pause Bench:200
Pause Squat: 330
Dead Lift: 370
40yd dash: 4.44
Varsity Track and Powerlfiting

mostly want to get faster and better squat since I'm a running back

At the age of 16 you should not be putting together a cycle. Your natural test levels are going to be high. Other from that you can possibly cause longterm damage. In the latest Muscle Development Magizine had a good article on steroid use amongst teens. On a plus note a 4.44 40 is really impressive.

Try a cycle of beef, chicken, fish and oats, rice and vegetables.

There are many women your height on this forum that out weigh you by 20+ lbs.

You are not anywhere near close to being ready.

http://www.T-Nation.com/tmagnum/readTopic.do?id=1966607

Dude.........No. No no no.

dont do it bro..wait until ur at least 21..trust me buddy...all my boys juiced in high school and now there in their twentys and they look like there 40...plus they have zero motivation in life or in the gym..stayy awayyy...

your body is producing the juice now naturally!!! work w/ that and don't even think a about hitting juice. try a multi-vitamnin, liquid creatine, and get plenty of protien and eat your veggies... for real :slight_smile:

I go to a 5A high school in Texas and last year i started at halfback over guys that weighed 50lbs more than me and were a year older then me. I was thinking steroids bc my muscles are still weak from when I broke my leg and ankle last year on a 4 wheeler. My squat is the same it was 2 years ago bc of my leg injury.

Are products like 4 Ad and stuff a ok alternative.

Why the hell do you have two threads going over the exact same thing ?

my comp froze up whenever i poseted this one so posted a new bc i wasnt sure if it got posted

Make no mistake. We are not saying AAS wont "work" for you, just that you havent gotten close to maxing out your gains without them, and mostly, the long term consequences for the REST OF YOUR LIFE can be horrible. And yes, you WILL have a life after high school.

Look at it this way: if you take AAS in the next few years and you become 5'10", 175 pounds... 55 pound increase. That'd be great right? What NFL or star college running back has had succes with those physical stats? Maybe one or two at most. It's not WORTH ruining your HEALTH!

A sane use of AAS by males over the age of 25 is not that bad at all, a few will even argue it could be healthy. But AAS use by females and teens has long term irreversible consequences.

Ponder these words posted above by B101: "dont do it bro..wait until ur at least 21..trust me buddy...all my boys juiced in high school and now there in their twentys and they look like there 40...plus they have zero motivation in life or in the gym..stayy awayyy..."

Seriously, ask for TRAINING AND DIET advice in the bodybuilding and strenght sport forum. Eat, train. You'll make great gains without AAS.

dont worry i've decided not to im just goin to start using a bunch of protein again and use creatine and other supps

I'm glad to see that you've taken the advice. It's for the best, even though it may not sit well with a competitive nature. Believe me, you can put on lots of muscle if you eat for it. May mean losing your 6 pack, but you'll be a truckload stronger. Keys for eating for muscle gain are in "Massive Eating" by John Berardi.

Only difference from that article to now is that I don't think John is big on macronutrient combinations anymore. Just as long as it's healthy. Eating as required in that article is a job, but it definitely works. I as well as a bunch of others know from first hand experience following his recommendations for mass gain.