SPECIAL REPORT: Unleash the Full Anabolic Potential of Food

[quote]ravell wrote:
what so the leucine in your BCAA product doesnt do the same thing? In other words, besides being “ultra pure” is there anything different besides the leucine in between the two? wouldnt the presence of other aa’s, as explained in the research in your article for this product, be more beneficial when used in conjuction with food?[/quote]

It’s the presence of a whole host of amino acids, and not necessarily the branched chain amino acids, that has a rate-limiting effect on Leucine’s anabolic properties.

[quote]PonceDeLeon wrote:
Do select orders get a special Pauline Nordin commemorative pair of panties, worn immediately prior to a bout of Tabata intervals?

Elin Grindemyr will do just fine, too.[/quote]

I passed Pauline on the expressway on the way to the O last week.

Had a big van with pictures of herself plastered all over it.

I flashed her.

[quote]ndiddy85 wrote:
I’ve bought Leucine powder in the past it not only tasted like ass, but it was nearly impossible to mix into any liquid, my question is A)Did you guys tweak the taste to make it “tasteless” or is this particular brand better tasting than general bulk brands? and B) what is the mix ability like? [/quote]

Some people are “tasters” in that they’re particularly sensitive to the taste of certain BCAAs.

Others don’t taste much at all.

BCAAs, by nature, don’t mix all that well in water. Of course, you could add a little alcohol and break the surface tension, but I doubt you want to turn into a boozer just so your Leucine dissolves well.

But we’re only talking about 5 grams here. Stir and drink (or sprinkle it on your food).

[quote]Chushin wrote:
TC,

How would the best use of this differ from the use of BCAAs? In other words, what woud you recomend for when? [/quote]

I’m still going to use my BCAAs during my workout, but I use Leucine as described in the article (with meals, spaced a few hours apart).

[quote]Kevin Hendrick wrote:
What about timing? Would the uptake be better/enhanced mixed with post workout Surge?
r,
Kevin[/quote]

It’s not necessary. While SOME insulin is required for its effects, insulin just allows the Leucine to do its work.

I’m not saying not to do it, but you don’t need a huge surge of insulin.

[quote]JVall wrote:
Chushin wrote:
TC,

How would the best use of this differ from the use of BCAAs? In other words, what woud you recomend for when?

and to extend this question a bit, it says not to exceed 20g or 4 scoops per day. What if you also take Surge post-workout and BCAAs throughout the day? Would this decrease the amount of leucine suggested for this product?
[/quote]

Remember, it’s the change in blood levels of Leucine that seem to make it most effective.

As such, you want a few hours break in between doses.

If you’re having BCAAs during a meal, you could use a half scoop of L-Leucine and that would do the trick just fine.

[quote]TC wrote:
Chushin wrote:
TC,

How would the best use of this differ from the use of BCAAs? In other words, what woud you recomend for when?

I’m still going to use my BCAAs during my workout, but I use Leucine as described in the article (with meals, spaced a few hours apart).

[/quote]

So for a 200lb individual already supplementing with 40g of BCAA peri-workout, another 20g a day of leucine can be added in on top these? seems like a lot on a workout day… is there no negative effect (ie. gastrointestinal)?

Sweet. I’m in for a couple of bottles.

TC, does cooking the leucine do anything to it. Like if you added it to eggs before you cooked it??

[quote]jehovasfitness wrote:
I’m thinking upon waking with food, PWO, and before bed with a shake would be optimal times. That establishes 3 out of 4 oppurtunities.[/quote]

Try the pre-workout meal, too.

That’s what I’d do: breakfast, preworkout, PWO (meal, not shake), bedtime meal/shake.

[quote]GetSwole wrote:
TC wrote:
And R-ALA, funny you should ask…

If there is a decent pricetag on that, you’ll have an order.[/quote]

In the past I have called two products from Biotest that will contain R-ALA and another that contains D-Ribose. Let’s see which ones pan out.

And TC,

If I’m wrong, I hope it rains in San Diego…for like, a month!!

I was thinking of ordering this and using it, but I also have a brother who does not train. Would he also derive some benefit from adding 5 grams to his meals despite the lack of training? I realize it’s much better to use it with meals in conjunction with a training regimen but was just curious since I’d be willing to spring for more if he could also benefit to some degree.

Thought normal whey powders have Leucine in anyway? 1 shake of the cheapest brand i could find on the net have 10.2g of Leucine, and its a hell of a lot cheaper then the suppliment on its own.

so why not just have a shake/ small shakes throughtout the day?

Quick question.

I am currently at the tail end of my cut, with about 4-6 weeks remaining until I am where I want to be and just ordered a bottle. Would there be any benefits to taking something like this during a cut (aside from the muscle-sparing properties of BCAA), or would it be best to wait until my next mass phase to crack this stuff open?

Thanks.

TC,

The article doesn’t say how were your results after 4 weeks?

You’ve done it again!

Sounds very interesting for sure. I can’t wait to hear people’s experiences on it in the coming weeks/months!

Some have been using leucine already, so I’m sure you can get some feedback now.

I was going to go with another brand but heard it tasted awful. Figured I’d give Biotest’s a shot.

Very cool that Biotest is turning out their own Leu powder.

I know I’ve posted a bit in the past about what I’ve been doing with my own supplementation, and relating my correspondences with Layne Norton and his answers on particulars of the actual studies done, so off the cuff, my plans to factor in Leucine powder will most likely be:

Add 5g of Leu to the 15g BCAAs I drink Periworkout (I mix it with crystal lite, so no ickey taste).
Add 5g of Leu to the 2 Protein Shakes I take during the day (1 morning, and 1 prebed)

I don’t really see myself sprinkling powder on my solid food meals (sorry TC, I’m sure it’s really tastey though-lol), but I’m sure the added increase in protein Synthesis 3x a day (in addition to the constant protein feedings every few hours) should be sufficient for any effects to occur.

S

How is this leucine different from all other leucines?

[quote]poneid wrote:
TC wrote:
Chushin wrote:
TC,

So for a 200lb individual already supplementing with 40g of BCAA peri-workout, another 20g a day of leucine can be added in on top these? seems like a lot on a workout day… is there no negative effect (ie. gastrointestinal)?[/quote]

Sure, that works, as long as the 40 grams of BCAA are peri-workout.

The additional Leucine won’t be a problem–you’re only using 5-gram doses.

[quote]crod266 wrote:
TC, does cooking the leucine do anything to it. Like if you added it to eggs before you cooked it??[/quote]

As I understand it, Leucine is fairly resistant to heat.

Still, I’d add it to eggs after cooking.