by TC
10/01/08

[teaser]cut/leucineArticle[/teaser]

Sounds good.
What does it taste like?

[quote]rondastarr wrote:
Sounds good.
What does it taste like?[/quote]

…one scoop of snow-white, tasteless powder…

[quote]mrcold wrote:
rondastarr wrote:
Sounds good.
What does it taste like?

…one scoop of snow-white, tasteless powder…[/quote]

LOL! It was in the article and I missed it didn’t I?

Some people find BCAAs tasteless, but to me they taste terrible. Is this the case with leucine as well?

[quote]Qualay wrote:
Some people find BCAAs tasteless, but to me they taste terrible. Is this the case with leucine as well?[/quote]

Some people don’t think Leucine tastes like anything, others detect a slightly bitter taste.

Damn! Two days and two new products. Any other surprises for us? :slight_smile:

Seriously though, keep it up. This definitely looks like a new regular supplement for me.

EDIT: If anything else is coming out this week, can you let me know now? I don’t want to have to make too many orders. :wink:

TC,

I swear I would’ve put a wager that you guys would release a Leucine product.

Question:

As with your dosage recommendations for products like REZ-V, is there literature we can look up for the 5g per meal rec? I have heard as high as 10g, and also an “x g/lb BW” formula. I am just curious but I’m sure it’s splitting pubes at this point.

Come on, ‘Adaptogen 2’ !

Now, if Biotest would release an R-ALA product to be taken with the Leucine for carb+protein PWO meals/shakes…

:wink:

[quote]PonceDeLeon wrote:

Now, if Biotest would release an R-ALA product to be taken with the Leucine for carb+protein PWO meals/shakes…

;)[/quote]

I’ve been hoping for something like that for a while myself. :slight_smile:

what so the leucine in your BCAA product doesnt do the same thing? In other words, besides being “ultra pure” is there anything different besides the leucine in between the two? wouldnt the presence of other aa’s, as explained in the research in your article for this product, be more beneficial when used in conjuction with food?

I think technically the presence of EAAs, not BCAAs, would enhance slightly the effects of leucine, but in that case you might as well just have a good whole protein source instead of using EAAs.

dammitall. Had a little incident which kept me from ordering my 11-T last month, then you drop THIS on top?

This coming check, I’m buying you bastards out.

I’ve bought Leucine powder in the past it not only tasted like ass, but it was nearly impossible to mix into any liquid, my question is A)Did you guys tweak the taste to make it “tasteless” or is this particular brand better tasting than general bulk brands? and B) what is the mix ability like?

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

What about timing? Would the uptake be better/enhanced mixed with post workout Surge?
r,
Kevin

[quote]Chushin wrote:
TC,

How would the best use of this differ from the use of BCAAs? In other words, what woud you recomend for when? [/quote]

and to extend this question a bit, it says not to exceed 20g or 4 scoops per day. What if you also take Surge post-workout and BCAAs throughout the day? Would this decrease the amount of leucine suggested for this product?

[quote]JVall wrote:
Chushin wrote:
TC,

How would the best use of this differ from the use of BCAAs? In other words, what woud you recomend for when?

and to extend this question a bit, it says not to exceed 20g or 4 scoops per day. What if you also take Surge post-workout and BCAAs throughout the day? Would this decrease the amount of leucine suggested for this product?
[/quote]

I’m going to say no, not because it has a detrimental effect but the article suggested diminishing returns, plus the nature of the effect is dependent on spiking levels, not sustaining them.

I’m thinking upon waking with food, PWO, and before bed with a shake would be optimal times. That establishes 3 out of 4 oppurtunities.

[quote]AngryVader wrote:
Damn! Two days and two new products. Any other surprises for us? :slight_smile:

Seriously though, keep it up. This definitely looks like a new regular supplement for me.

EDIT: If anything else is coming out this week, can you let me know now? I don’t want to have to make too many orders. ;)[/quote]

Could be, but remember, we offer free shipping.

[quote]PonceDeLeon wrote:
TC,

I swear I would’ve put a wager that you guys would release a Leucine product.

Question:

As with your dosage recommendations for products like REZ-V, is there literature we can look up for the 5g per meal rec? I have heard as high as 10g, and also an “x g/lb BW” formula. I am just curious but I’m sure it’s splitting pubes at this point.

Come on, ‘Adaptogen 2’ !

;)[/quote]

The research showed that more than 5 grams appears to be a waste.

Two of the studies I cited back up the low dosage approach:

1. Padden-Jones D, et al. Amino acid ingestion improves muscle protein synthesis in the young and elderly. Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab. 2004 Mar;286(3):E321-8.

2. Tipton, KD, et al. Postexercise net protein synthesis in human muscle from orally administered amino acids. Am J Physiol. 1999 Apr;276(4 Pt 1):E628-34.

And R-ALA, funny you should ask…