Special Forces?

Hey everyone I’m pretty much here to ask about special forces. I want to know how to get into one and learn all the tactics they have. I know I’m too young now to join anything, but I want to learn the tactics that they have for fighting, survival methods, and pretty much all that kinda stuff. Anyone know anything about special forces that deal with military equipment, including missiles and bombs, tactics, knife tactics, gun tactics etc.? Thanks a lot.

You’re young, then. You’re probably talking about the SEALS, the 75th Ranger Regiment or the ever mythical Delta Force. Few people can tell you the specifics of Delta force training because few people know what it is.

Ranger school is pretty well documented though. There was a whole documentary series on BUD/S that was pretty good, I’d recommend you find that.

If you have an Army Surplus store in town, they always have great books as well as some pretty knowledgable staff.

since you’re not 18 yet (and neither am i), i always found the anarchist’s cookbook to be an interesting resource for things like explosives haha

http://www.members.lycos.nl/pyrocorp/pyrocorp_online/anar666.htm

and hey man i never did get that picture of your legs from the previous thread! All you posted was upper body! still an inspiration man…and i saw the squad vid…good stuff!

~Brian

I can’t help if you are interested in Rangers or SEALs, but if you are interested in SF send me a PM.

Check your local paper for any gun shows in your area. They usually have all kinds of milsurp documentation, as well as veterans of war. Of course, at least half of them will tell you to stop playing soldier and go to college.

Perhaps the only ex-delta operator that would give first hand advice about killing a small army single handed would be Chuck Norris.

I think it is like the Special Olympics.

These are all good books on SF if you feel like reading up. You can get them on Amazon pretty cheap.

Masters of chaos,Delta Force,Shadow Warriors,The company they keep,and Designation gold

Whether its SEALS, Marine Recon, Army SF, Rangers, etc., I’d talk to the actual shooters if I were you. There is no better education. You’ll have a better chance with those who just got out as active duty operators don’t like to talk much. Those that talk a lot usually are full of shit.

Hey everyone I’m pretty much here to ask about special forces. I want to know how to get into one and learn all the tactics they have. I know I’m too young now to join anything, but I want to learn the tactics that they have for fighting, survival methods, and pretty much all that kinda stuff. Anyone know anything about special forces that deal with military equipment, including missiles and bombs, tactics, knife tactics, gun tactics etc.? Thanks a lot.

Why dont you join the infantry in two years. Make some rank so you know the difference between all the things you asked about. then go SF. It was my experience the guys who talked about what they were going to do, never did a thing. It is alot easier to talk about something than to actually do it. stop talking about it and prepare for it.

Get some college time in, and get an 18xray contract and find out for yourself.

The 18x program is not a program I agree with. Granted, there are quite a few CSM’s in group who came in as x-rays years ago. But this current crop of guys is sub par. We DX’d three new x-rays in the timespan of a year. I say join the infantry, do a few years on the line, and bring something to the table.

Yeah kid, listen to deadleg! He knows what he is talking about. This is from BigSarge out of 5th SF Group.

[quote]deadleg wrote:

Why dont you join the infantry in two years. Make some rank so you know the difference between all the things you asked about. then go SF. It was my experience the guys who talked about what they were going to do, never did a thing. It is alot easier to talk about something than to actually do it. stop talking about it and prepare for it.

[/quote]