Special Forces Training?

Hi gents
I’m 18 years with high motivation for military
I’m 6ft@200lb and want to ask you for what training should help me to join the top departments (Delta force, Navy SEALs, Airborne 101…)
Started some martial arts recently
What training should help me in real combat, Two men dealing with fists, not exhibition matches but real things

Looking to read from you
Thank you for reading

Running. Literally just running. This is what you will be doing for at least a year before seeing any opportunity to enter SF training - if you are that lucky.
I do believe @idaho has some experience in this department though (much more than myself).

I will say that I strongly don’t recommend chasing after a career in special forces, because you and every other 18 year old that plays call of duty all want the same thing (not insulting you, just telling you that most enlistee’s have overly grandiose ideas about what enlisted life is like)… and it’s unlikely to happen. It is also unlikely to land you with the type of job you wish to spend the rest of your life doing when you decide to exit the military. Not saying there aren’t extremely valuable skills learned with this training, merely that it does not apply to much in the civilian world - which is where you will spend the remainder of your life outside of the military (please don’t undervalue this).

You should also expect that you will need to lose weight - you are near the top range of the weight scale allowed. Practice for your ASVAB like your job depends on it (it does). Read over your contract like it holds the rules you will have to follow for your entire enlisted career (it does). And get used to being fucked over without the courtesy of a number to call back (they call this ‘embracing the suck’).

I hope you take this to heart - you will most likely end up a grunt complaining how your recruiter screwed you over with promises of Delta Force. These positions are not guarenteed for anyone - even current enlisted folks; you have to pass the training just to be accepted and that’s IF you get offered the training.

Good luck,
~CrayonEater1 out

EDIT:
I was never Special Forces or infantry, and the result of that is me obtaining a near 6-figure job straight out of the military… I cannot say the same would happen if I had been SF or Infantry. Don’t hate on cryptolinguistics or aviation… both make a shitload of money on the civilian side.

2 Likes

Even tho i actually do train military in this department, it is mostly because they “like” it. The basic hand to hand training they do is garbage that does not work, mostly because they dont want to pay for real instructors, but take the cheapest one. Also, military mostly are weapons operators, not fighters. There will never be a situation where a military guy needs to FIGHT. Look at Ukraine - 3 best boxers in the world in their military… all have weapons, not gloves, haha.
Fighting is a movie bullshit as far as military goes, but to answer your question - MMA of course.

1 Like

The martial arts stuff doesn’t matter at all right now. Really, never, although there was value in training it - combat is not a fist fight.

If you haven’t already talked to a recruiter about an 18X contract (Army), that’s you’re next step.

You’re not training for Delta or combat or anything down the line. You need to crush your basic and then selection - SF or BUD/S; I don’t know anything about the latter, but it seems like those weirdos swim a lot.

All the movie stuff or whatever you think someone needs in real war is not your goal right now; selection is. People fail because they lack endurance or they’re whiny.

• Rucking is the primary selection tool.
  • Running is tool number 2. Fortunately training these two together works.
  • Your mind, at the end of the day, is pretty much what matters. I’d do this stuff at 4am starting right this second in the sleet and snow if you actually care.
  • In my own humble opinion, if you have a plan B you’ll fail.

Feel free to ignore me like every other teenager on this site has over the years.

3 Likes

Exactly right! And that offer just to apply to try out didn’t even come until you’d already been doing the other things for ~7 years.

1 Like

I am assuming you have not joined any military branch at this time. If you are serious about this, this is your first decision. You have received some excellent advise from the other posters. Go back and read everything again.

Screwed up somewhere @hankthetank89 . The post was @CommanderDude . Apologies.

I spent 8 years in the Middle East, 5 years in Central Asia and 1 year in Africa. Never encountered a fist fight in any combat situation. Real fighting is brutal and done with weapons. You mission is to kill the target with precision, not roll around acting like two drunk goats.

Excellent , excellent advise. There is not a lot of civilian jobs with the job title of Chief Trigger Puller. Private military contractor, private security, body guard, law enforcement and CQB instruction.

Cyber Warfare is the new battle field with drone technology a close second. Both will serve you well in the civilian world.

Damn truth and no one gives a shit when you start whining.

Truth.

Truth.

Your mental strength is your most important asset.

Here is some basic information:

Screwed up somewhere @hankthetank89 . The post was @CommanderDude . Apologies.

4 Likes

Not sure about US Military’s training but you may find a channel on guy on Youtube called Joe Hotai has some helpful content. He is an ex Australian and NZ SAS and has some great content about training for SAS selection as well as mindset and Q and A’s.

1 Like

Thanks on the first Andrew
I didn’t know about most of those mentioned by you

Could you provide me with some resources regarding their requirements and training (need an overview before starting), but I heard before that military aviation requires special vision even sharper than 20/20 that not everybody can go with

1 Like

You mean information regarding aviation training?

Yes and no. I wear glasses and certainly don’t have perfect vision - you do need to have a level of depth perception that you probably have (unless you have some significant eye problems).

Aviation, Cryptolinguistics, and like that

Thanks

Just thanks

Requirements are being reasonably intelligent (>50 on ASVAB) and having a good GT score on your ASVAB. Long work hours while enlisted, but keep track of your work performed, undertake responsibilities as much as you can, get qualified on everything you can get your hands on… With enough time, you can use all of this to bypass the schooling and time requirements needed for an A&P license (airframe and powerplant).

I didn’t do this in the military but have a buddy who did. He obtained a Top Secret clearance (this is a MASSIVE payout in the civilian sector), learned another language, and knows cyber security (also a huge private sector payout). Ironically, I am now going to school for a degree much in line with this because many jobs pay 6 figures plus. (you have to be a smart fucking cookie for this one)

in reality, if you can study for your ASVAB like your job selections depend on it (because they do), you will have the opportunities to get experience in very high paying fields when you exit your enlistment. I STRONGLY recommend doing only 1 enlistment in either of these positions… you will leave with experience, training, qualifications, and VA services that are quite valuable (like 36 months of paid-for college that also PAYS YOU to complete it).

Don’t rush into a contract just because you’re impatient either. Wait for the exact job you want to be open, and go when that time is up. I recommend the Air Force strongly, but any branch can do this. Air Force just gets better treatment and training for the same pay.

Huge thanks
Hope you and family have a good day

1 Like