Speak Out, White Americans!

[quote]PRCalDude wrote:
Big_Boss wrote:
PRCalDude wrote:
My expectations for this thread are low.

I agree…this will take the same turn as every other race thread.

At least we can be pleasantly surprised if they’re exceeded. [/quote]

True

I disagree with much Buchanans statement, but he does say one thing I’ve heard elsewhere;

African Americans are seen as blacks in America, but Americans if they actually go to Africa.

Slavery was a horrible idea, and there’s no excuse for it. And now, the US government is trying to walk the fine line of healing the injustice of slavery by walking the fine line between giving enough help to allow marginalized blacks to better themselves without making them dependant on government aid.

I think they’re still trying to fine tune it.

Amerca’s got one thing going for it; race relations are very in-your-face. From what I’m reading, European countries are confused as to how to deal with a non-homogeneous population. Which is something america starting to work on a while back. Not saying we’ve got our technique down pat, but that we’ve had a significant head start.

I mean, hey; a black dudes about to be president. That’s gotta stand for something.

[quote]Headhunter wrote:
malonetd wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
First, America has been the best country on earth for black folks. It was here that 600,000 black people, brought from Africa in slave ships, grew into a community of 40 million, were introduced to Christian salvation, and reached the greatest levels of freedom and prosperity blacks have ever known.

How can it possibly be known how history would have turned out if Africans would have been left on their own continent? “What if” is a fun game, but it’s only speculation.

Don’t remember where I read this but I read that about 3 out of every 4 black males in Africa were slaves in Africa, at the height of the slave trade. Changing to Christian masters [u]may have[/u] actually been an improvement for a lot of the black male slaves.

[/quote]
“May have”
Exactly. We can never know.

Europe is trying to learn how to deal with Islamic hegemony and demographic conquest.

[quote]Otep wrote:

African Americans are seen as blacks in America, but Americans if they actually go to Africa.
[/quote]

I was just thinking the same thing…

[quote]Otep wrote:
[/quote]

Even this African American?

[quote]PRCalDude wrote:
From what I’m reading, European countries are confused as to how to deal with a non-homogeneous population.

Europe is trying to learn how to deal with Islamic hegemony and demographic conquest.[/quote]

Been to Europe lately?

[quote]Headhunter wrote:
Changing to Christian masters may have actually been an improvement for a lot of the black male slaves. [/quote]

We’re rationalizing slavery now? What the hell’s the matter with you?

Words of a great man…

No greater injury can be done to any youth than to let him feel that because he belongs to this or that race he will be advanced in life regardless of his own merits or efforts. -Booker T. Washington

The individual who can do something that the world wants done will, in the end, make his way regardless of his race. -Booker T. Washington

[quote]Big_Boss wrote:
Otep wrote:

I was just thinking the same thing…[/quote]

Liberia anyone?

[quote]Headhunter wrote: care, retirement and nursing homes for blacks.

We hear the grievances. Where is the gratitude?"

[/quote]

Yes, Pat, you act as though black people got that for free. Like they were just given that prosperity. Think about a couple of hundred years of basically free labor that blacks provided.

And let’s not forget that blacks had to fight for the rights that they do have. I am 48 and I can still remember blacks being integrated at my school when I was in the first grade. It was the first year for it in my school. They weren’t handed that…they had to fight for it.

The Constitution certainly provided the potential for equal rights, but a lot of different groups had to struggle and still have to struggle to realize them.

[quote]lixy wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
Changing to Christian masters may have actually been an improvement for a lot of the black male slaves.

We’re rationalizing slavery now? What the hell’s the matter with you?[/quote]

Nothing. Its more likely that a true Christian who owned slaves, of which there were many, would be less likely to brutalize his slaves than a tribal chieftain on the shores of the Gambia.

[quote]Headhunter wrote:
lixy wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
Changing to Christian masters may have actually been an improvement for a lot of the black male slaves.

Nothing. Its more likely that a true Christian who owned slaves, of which there were many, would be less likely to brutalize his slaves than a tribal chieftain on the shores of the Gambia.

[/quote]

You’re joking,right?? Please tell me you’re joking…I imagine those that supported and funded slavery to begin with used the same rational to justify it.

[quote]Headhunter wrote:
lixy wrote:
Headhunter wrote:

[/quote]

“True christian” HA!

A slave is a slave my friend and anything you do rationalize christian masters as being ok people because they werent supposedly brutal is just stupid. It’s not just about being brutalized. There is so much more to how slavery was that will never make it ok. No matter who the masters were.

Brainwashing a slave to believe in a “new and better religion” (christian ideal) does nothing more than break their spirit.

Reminds me of the native americans who were “taught” religion once they were concurred by white people. They were broken. Their culture, way of life and ideals were shattered, broken and built again with nothing but the white mans god. Brainwashing at its finest…

The children of slaves in Africa and Latin America were generally not slaves themselves.

It was common for slaves to buy their freedom in Africa and Latin America.

In fact during one’s life time during the Colonial Period of Latin American history, a slave might become a free man predictably, especially if he were urban. Those who were rural often fled into the interior and formed tribes.

The level of black slave oppression in the United States, was comparable to some of the most horrendous slave societies, that EVER existed.

The prospects for a black slave in the USA, were prolly akin to those for a slave in ancient Egypt.

Anglo-Saxon cruelty to Africans was without limit or rationale.

[quote]pickapeck wrote:
Words of a great man…

No greater injury can be done to any youth than to let him feel that because he belongs to this or that race he will be advanced in life regardless of his own merits or efforts. -Booker T. Washington

The individual who can do something that the world wants done will, in the end, make his way regardless of his race. -Booker T. Washington [/quote]

Err… in his time he was kind of wrong. Despite how hard blacks worked, they probably wouldn’t have gotten anywhere without the legislation of the civil rights era.

Good words now, to a point, I suppose.

[quote]Headhunter wrote:
lixy wrote:
Headhunter wrote:

[/quote]

Being BORN into slavery is considered exclusive to that time period, and ALMOST exclusive to the American south (not entirely, obviously).

US History 101 man.

(I actually asked this question and brought up a fuckterclust of a discussion.)

[quote]Headhunter wrote:
lixy wrote:
Headhunter wrote:

[/quote]

No true Christian would own a slave. True Christians are as rare as hen’s teeth.

[quote]Beowolf wrote:
pickapeck wrote:
Words of a great man…

The individual who can do something that the world wants done will, in the end, make his way regardless of his race. -Booker T. Washington

Err… in his time he was kind of wrong. Despite how hard blacks worked, they probably wouldn’t have gotten anywhere without the legislation of the civil rights era.

Good words now, to a point, I suppose.[/quote]

Actually some blacks did improve their status in life immensely before the civil rights era.

[quote]Beowolf wrote:
pickapeck wrote:
Words of a great man…

Good words now, to a point, I suppose.[/quote]

The federal legislation that was passed in the 60’s - what you are calling the civil rights era - is still the most racist pieces of legislation ever passed.

It has cost more money, and ruined more lives - black lives - than anything in the 100 years prior to its passing.