T Nation

Speak Out, White Americans!

"White America needs to be heard from, not just lectured to.

This time, the Silent Majority needs to have its convictions, grievances and demands heard. And among them are these:

First, America has been the best country on earth for black folks. It was here that 600,000 black people, brought from Africa in slave ships, grew into a community of 40 million, were introduced to Christian salvation, and reached the greatest levels of freedom and prosperity blacks have ever known.

Wright ought to go down on his knees and thank God he is an American.

Second, no people anywhere has done more to lift up blacks than white Americans. Untold trillions have been spent since the '60s on welfare, food stamps, rent supplements, Section 8 housing, Pell grants, student loans, legal services, Medicaid, Earned Income Tax Credits and poverty programs designed to bring the African-American community into the mainstream.

Governments, businesses and colleges have engaged in discrimination against white folks – with affirmative action, contract set-asides and quotas – to advance black applicants over white applicants.

Churches, foundations, civic groups, schools and individuals all over America have donated time and money to support soup kitchens, adult education, day care, retirement and nursing homes for blacks.

We hear the grievances. Where is the gratitude?"

--- Pat Buchanon

http://www.humanevents.com/article.php?id=25634

What we need to do is to quit speaking about ourselves in terms of some Balkanized version of America and start thinking about ourselves as Americans. Then we really will be post racial.

Morgan Freeman expressed the sentiment well:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/10482634/

Hmm…interesting indeed…thank you,whitey…there I “said it.”

[quote]BostonBarrister wrote:
What we need to do is to quit speaking about ourselves in terms of some Balkanized version of America and start thinking about ourselves as Americans. Then we really will be post racial.

Morgan Freeman expressed the sentiment well:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/10482634/

[/quote]

One day…but not anytime soon.

Oddly, the first thing I think when I see a guy is “dude,” not “white” or “black” or “asian.”

Conversely, when I see a girl I think “hot” or “fat” or “skinny.”

I am so completely shallow.

[quote]kroby wrote:
Oddly, the first thing I think when I see a guy is “dude,” not “white” or “black” or “asian.”

I am so completely shallow.[/quote]

Hmm. I classify people as:

1. Family
  2. Possibly wearing a wire

[quote]
Morgan Freeman said:
The actor says he believes the labels “black” and “white” are an obstacle to beating racism.

“I am going to stop calling you a white man and I’m going to ask you to stop calling me a black man,” Freeman says.

Big_Boss wrote:
One day…but not anytime soon.[/quote]

Because you anglos got a lot to feel bad about.

[quote]Headhunter wrote:
"White America needs to be heard from, not just lectured to.

This time, the Silent Majority needs to have its convictions, grievances and demands heard. And among them are these:

First, America has been the best country on earth for black folks. It was here that 600,000 black people, brought from Africa in slave ships, grew into a community of 40 million, were introduced to Christian salvation, and reached the greatest levels of freedom and prosperity blacks have ever known.

Wright ought to go down on his knees and thank God he is an American.

Second, no people anywhere has done more to lift up blacks than white Americans. Untold trillions have been spent since the '60s on welfare, food stamps, rent supplements, Section 8 housing, Pell grants, student loans, legal services, Medicaid, Earned Income Tax Credits and poverty programs designed to bring the African-American community into the mainstream.

Governments, businesses and colleges have engaged in discrimination against white folks – with affirmative action, contract set-asides and quotas – to advance black applicants over white applicants.

Churches, foundations, civic groups, schools and individuals all over America have donated time and money to support soup kitchens, adult education, day care, retirement and nursing homes for blacks.

We hear the grievances. Where is the gratitude?"

--- Pat Buchanon

http://www.humanevents.com/article.php?id=25634

so we enslaved them, encouraged unprotected sex and rape, forced religon on them, taught them that there is no need to work hard when the goverment will give you everything, to complain about anything and they will defend you, and when your old we will make sure clothed, fed, and sheltered. Wow thanks white America when are you going to get to us latinos my back hurts from picking these damn strawberries.

I don’t really disagree just thought you could read it another way.
[/quote]

[quote]MrRezister wrote:

[/quote]

What exactly should I be feeling bad about?

[quote]Sloth wrote:
kroby wrote:

I am so completely shallow.

Hmm. I classify people as:

1. Family
  2. Possibly wearing a wire[/quote]

Paranoia is total awareness.

My expectations for this thread are low.

[quote]so we enslaved them, encouraged unprotected sex and rape, forced religon on them, taught them that there is no need to work hard when the goverment will give you everything, to complain about anything and they will defend you, and when your old we will make sure clothed, fed, and sheltered. Wow thanks white America when are you going to get to us latinos my back hurts from picking these damn strawberries.

I don’t really disagree just thought you could read it another way. [/quote]

Right. We’ve heard this argument before. White abolitionist New Englanders were the same as Southern cotton plantation owners. Jim Crow was applied all over the country, not just the South. The KKK was a white phenomenom, not a phenomonom practiced by some white Southerners. And don’t forget, we’re all anglos, despite our descent from numerous European countries.

[quote]Headhunter wrote:
[/quote]

How can it possibly be known how history would have turned out if Africans would have been left on their own continent? “What if” is a fun game, but it’s only speculation.

[quote]PRCalDude wrote:
so we enslaved them, encouraged unprotected sex and rape, forced religon on them, taught them that there is no need to work hard when the goverment will give you everything, to complain about anything and they will defend you, and when your old we will make sure clothed, fed, and sheltered. Wow thanks white America when are you going to get to us latinos my back hurts from picking these damn strawberries.

Right. We’ve heard this argument before. White abolitionist New Englanders were the same as Southern cotton plantation owners. Jim Crow was applied all over the country, not just the South. The KKK was a white phenomenom, not a phenomonom practiced by some white Southerners. And don’t forget, we’re all anglos, despite our descent from numerous European countries.[/quote]

Right and us west coasters are the worse offenders of it all :slight_smile:

[quote]Cpl. Mongo wrote:
PRCalDude wrote:

Right. We’ve heard this argument before. White abolitionist New Englanders were the same as Southern cotton plantation owners. Jim Crow was applied all over the country, not just the South. The KKK was a white phenomenom, not a phenomonom practiced by some white Southerners. And don’t forget, we’re all anglos, despite our descent from numerous European countries.

Right and us west coasters are the worse offenders of it all :slight_smile:

[/quote]

Yep!

[quote]malonetd wrote:
Headhunter wrote:

How can it possibly be known how history would have turned out if Africans would have been left on their own continent? “What if” is a fun game, but it’s only speculation.[/quote]

Don’t remember where I read this but I read that about 3 out of every 4 black males in Africa were slaves in Africa, at the height of the slave trade. Changing to Christian masters may have actually been an improvement for a lot of the black male slaves.

[quote]Headhunter wrote:
malonetd wrote:
Headhunter wrote:

How can it possibly be known how history would have turned out if Africans would have been left on their own continent? “What if” is a fun game, but it’s only speculation.

Don’t remember where I read this but I read that about 3 out of every 4 black males in Africa were slaves in Africa, at the height of the slave trade. Changing to Christian masters may have actually been an improvement for a lot of the black male slaves.

[/quote]

Whoa. Douglass’ Narrative of the life of … probably rules this out. Once individual white people became slave owners, the very fact that they owned slaves began to have an enormously deleterious effect on their demeanor, character, and disposition. They generally turned into monsters.

[quote]PRCalDude wrote:
My expectations for this thread are low. [/quote]

I agree…this will take the same turn as every other race thread.

[quote]MrRezister wrote:

Morgan Freeman said:
The actor says he believes the labels “black” and “white” are an obstacle to beating racism.

“I am going to stop calling you a white man and I’m going to ask you to stop calling me a black man,” Freeman says.

Big_Boss wrote:
One day…but not anytime soon.

[/quote]

I’m not Anglo…well not completely,anyways. But who really is? This asks the question…“What is race?” But thats another discussion…hmm.

[quote]Big_Boss wrote:
PRCalDude wrote:
My expectations for this thread are low.

I agree…this will take the same turn as every other race thread.[/quote]

At least we can be pleasantly surprised if they’re exceeded.