T Nation

Sparring Gloves?

hi all, i need to get a pair of heavy gloves for sparing what would everyone recommend? Whats everyone currently using or favourate glove??

thanks neil.

I have a pair of 16 oz Hayabusa pros that I like. All leather, holding up well. Think I paid around $75 for them.

I paid 75 for my windy, and I like those, but I think if I had to do it again I’d buy a pair of Sandee. I’ve heard they are a very close fitting and comfortable glove. Right now I’d just find a good pair of leather 16 oz for a good price. Warrior seems to be a good brand going for dirt cheap right now.

http://www.mmawarehouse.com/Warrior-Training-and-Sparring-Gloves-p/weq-1010.htm

thanks guys for the info and cheers beershoes for the link.

Yeah no problem. Would have sent you a sandee link but I believe all of the online retailers are through western Europe anyways, mostly England.

I’d say Grant pro training gloves. They are expensive - about $150 - but they are the best for sparring IMO. They will last you a life time. If that is out of your budget, then I would recommend the lace-up Campeon Training gloves by Grant. They are about $90.

Just buy some damn 16oz gloves.

But remember, blue gloves hit the hardest.

And I would suggest getting velcro over lace-up, easier to get on and take off depending on what kind of training you’re doing.

[quote]bigscarymonster wrote:
But remember, blue gloves hit the hardest.
[/quote]

But red gloves hit even harder.

I’d recommend Title gloves. They’re durable, priced well, and all around good gloves. I wouldn’t advise getting Grants or Cleto Reyes unless you just genuinely want them, they’re good gloves but twice the cost of most Title gloves and don’t tend to last as long.

Top Ten are excellent gloves. I personally have a pair of 16oz Sport One gloves that I like. I also recommend Velcro. I also agree that just about any 16oz gloves will do.

I’m getting a pair of Twins Special as my bag gloves, and decided to keep my brand new Fairtex for sparring only. If you are ballin’, and accept no substitute, it’s Winning Japan gloves all the way.

Hacking the thread a little bit.

Is it just me or this happens to someone else? I always get mad because i always bring my 16oz gloves for sparring and sometimes the other guy only have 12oz gloves for sparring =(

@kaiser - I’ve had that happen but it wasn’t a big deal at the time.

[quote]Droogan Leader wrote:
I’m getting a pair of Twins Special as my bag gloves, and decided to keep my brand new Fairtex for sparring only. If you are ballin’, and accept no substitute, it’s Winning Japan gloves all the way.[/quote]

Gloves? They’re pillows. Everyone knows the Mexican made Cleto Reyes are the best.

[quote]nlbjj wrote:
@kaiser - I’ve had that happen but it wasn’t a big deal at the time.[/quote]

It’s never a big deal when the guy you are sparring is not over 220lbs =(

I got headaches for all the night