Spanish Lesson?

You probably need to say this when there: Mi pene y escaso!

They are jokes.

I give your post a 0 out of 10 also

[quote]OARSMAN wrote:
oof. what grammatical butchery of my parents’ mother tongue.

some phrases - like I’m the juggernaut bitch - lose everything in the translation. No one uses “motherfuckin” as an emphasis in Spanish. “juggernaut” there is no single word - it’s a phrase - so it kind of kills it. Transliteration is not translation.

“cerveza”

“donde esta el banyo”
[/quote]

[quote]Flop Hat wrote:
They are jokes.

[/quote]

They are not funny jokes.

I give your post a 4 out of 10 for grammar.

[quote]Flop Hat wrote:
I think most people are just joking here hombre. If someone was truly interested in learning spanish there are plenty of resorces on the web, at the library, and at any book store. Also, locals hate tourist just for being tourist. No matter how they act or what they do. Furthermore, I’m almost certain that it is considered bad form to disrespect women an any country, regardless of what language they speak, or their proximity to a resort.

I give your post a 0 out of 10 points

[/quote]

Oh, I’m sorry. I never got the memo. You know, the one that said I wasn’t allowed to be displeased by a bunch of guys disrespecting women because “it’s a joke”. There is no denying the negative attitudes expressed in this thread.

I’m just giving these guys a heads up: that if they start “telling jokes” while they’re on vacation, their odds of having a nice, fun trip get worse.

First we have to make some assumptions:

1. The poster of this thread will write down everything that gets posted that is derogatory.

2. The poster will have to study it without a pronunciation guide correctly.

3. The poster will have to walk up to a native and use said derogatory phrase in a sentence and have it understood.

If all of that happens, I think we can safely say that this person was going to insult or disrespect someone anyway. I mean you would really have to go out of your way to make it happen.

Finally, I’ve been all over central and south america and I’ve never had this disrespect problem you keep speaking of. Not at resorts, not in the jungle, not anywhere. If something happens, 99% of the time it was a common criminal or scammer trying to make a quick buck. The other 1% is some borracho feeling tough.

And next time I’ll be sure to get you a memo. You know the one that says lighten up and go buy a sence of humor.

Latest post -1 out of 10
minus one point for the whole “I never got the memo” line.

[quote]Aleksandr wrote:

Oh, I’m sorry. I never got the memo. You know, the one that said I wasn’t allowed to be displeased by a bunch of guys disrespecting women because “it’s a joke”. There is no denying the negative attitudes expressed in this thread.

I’m just giving these guys a heads up: that if they start “telling jokes” while they’re on vacation, their odds of having a nice, fun trip get worse.[/quote]

Eijo de puta (eeehoe day pootah): Mother Fucker

I’m actually taking Spanish in college right now. Easily the hardest subject I’ve taken. I have no backgorund with any foreign language and its a pain in the ass to say the least. Its my last semester of it thank god.

[quote]PGA200X wrote:

I’m actually taking Spanish in college right now. Easily the hardest subject I’ve taken. I have no backgorund with any foreign language and its a pain in the ass to say the least. Its my last semester of it thank god.[/quote]

Hijo de puta = son of a bitch

[quote]OARSMAN wrote:
PGA200X wrote:

I’m actually taking Spanish in college right now. Easily the hardest subject I’ve taken. I have no backgorund with any foreign language and its a pain in the ass to say the least. Its my last semester of it thank god.

Hijo de puta = son of a bitch

[/quote]

I was told by my ex-gf it meant Mother Fucker. There is another way to spell it but dont know how. Its pronounced Eeewhay puta.

Su hermana se gusta mis nalgas. = Your sister is pleased by my buttocks.

Mis cojones son azules y bailan a la izquierda y la dorecha. = My testicles are blue and dance to the left and to the right.

Mas cerveza, por favor. = More beer, please.

Hablo Espanol, pero solomente un poquito. = I speak Spanish, but only a little.

touche

[quote]OARSMAN wrote:
Flop Hat wrote:
They are jokes.

They are not funny jokes.

I give your post a 4 out of 10 for grammar.

[/quote]

[quote]PGA200X wrote:

I was told by my ex-gf it meant Mother Fucker. There is another way to spell it but dont know how. Its pronounced Eeewhay puta.[/quote]

insults in spanish can mean many things depending on the inflection you use and the tonality in your voice.

• hijo de puta = son of a bitch - literally - however depending on the way you say it, it can have the same effect as calling someone a motherfucker.

Here’s another example:

! vete para el carajo! -

literally (go to hell) -

but if you say it with enough venom - most spanish speakers will take it to mean “go fuck yourself”

Yet another:

! Conyo ! (use the tilde n not ny)

literal = damn!

hard - inflected = fuck !

as in when you do something stupid and you say “fuck!” in exasperation.

drawn-out inflected = !conyoooo! = god daaaaaaaaaamn!! (think Chris Tucker in Friday)

when you see Vida Guerra walking by you topless in a thong and fuck me heels.

Perhaps that is what your ex was getting at. Insults in Spanish derive their meaning from how you say it. But the literal translation is “son of a bitch” and not “motherfucker”

hope this didn’t confuse you too much.

peace

[quote]Norwell Bob wrote:
[/quote]

A tu hermana le gustan mis nalgas.

or

Su hermana esta satisfecha con mi culo.

culo=nalgas=fondillo=ass=buttocks=butt

[quote]Norwell Bob wrote:
[/quote]

or

I thought spanish were a obligatory school class in america? Anybody care to enlighten me?

[quote]Imbrondir wrote:
I thought spanish were a obligatory school class in america? Anybody care to enlighten me?[/quote]

No. It’s an elective class. Most kids in the US do not start studying a foreign language until they reach the high school level. This is why most native-born Americans cannot speak a foreign language.

Utter stupidity that is rooted in some kind of latent xenophobia if you ask me. Foreign languages should be taught from Kindergarten on.

I always thought culo was the actual butt hole.

[quote]OARSMAN wrote:
Norwell Bob wrote:

or

[/quote]

[quote]Flop Hat wrote:
I always thought culo was the actual butt hole.

OARSMAN wrote:
Norwell Bob wrote:

or

[/quote]

Culo is just ass. Nalgas is the cheeks :slight_smile:

My wife is dominican…when you go there eat a lot of platenos, mangu y arroz con guandules y pollo. Damn, now Im fucking hungry.

Late reply, but thanks for the correction. :^)

[quote]OARSMAN wrote:
Norwell Bob wrote:

or

[/quote]

You don’t need to speak spanish in the Dominican, especially if you are going to a resort (which I assume you are since it is very dangerous unless you are at a resort or renting a home in gated community.).

What will get you in good with the locals are CD’s with new music. Especially club music. If you don’t want to drop any CD’s then a few bucks will go a long way with the locals.

I have been to the Dominican at least a half dozen times.

[quote]OARSMAN wrote:

Utter stupidity that is rooted in some kind of latent xenophobia if you ask me. Foreign languages should be taught from Kindergarten on.
[/quote]

We should start them early.