Spanish in the United States

[quote]Rohnyn wrote:
Here is an argumentative research paper on the case for the recognition and acceptance of Spanish in the United States. Tell me what you think. I thought it was quite interesting, long, but very interesting.

Some time ago, foreign nationals illegally crossed the border into the sovereign territory of another nation. They flooded into territory that was not theirs and took advantage of the arable lands, speaking a foreign language and practicing an oft antagonistic religion. The government of this sovereign nation offered these would-be invaders amnesty on the condition that they learned the language of the nation, gave up activities considered illegal and did not invite anyone else to come without permission. In order to deal with this influx, the government instituted a visa process that would limit the number of aliens coming in and filter them out, so only the best and most suitable would be permitted. Some time passed, illegal immigration did not cease, the guests did not learn the national language, they became increasingly antagonistic to the local population, and maintained cultural practices entirely abhorrent to the national one. These illegal immigrants eventually threw a violent insurrection, seceding from the nation, subjugating the traditional populace, robbing them of their fertile lands and instituting the immoral practice of slavery that they had been secretly maintaining for years. This account does not describe illegal immigration to the United States, but rather, the violent illegal immigration to Mexico by Anglo-Americans and the subsequent formation of the Republic of Texas that followed. This account gives us a point of moral comparison for those who view the position of the Spanish language in the United States in the United States as an invasion. The Spanish language in the United States is not an invasive force, but rather a well-established language of the subjugated people of this country. Hispanic people have the right to communicate in their native tongue and must be permitted to exercise it freely in education, business and government; taking full advantage of the Bill of Rights and ancestral treaties with the US government.

Read the rest at…
http://celerasolves.com/veritaz/[/quote]
I admittedly don’t know a great deal about the common history of Mexico and USA, just what goes on now.
If the mexicans could have taken USA back then, there is a good chance they would have. They are doing it now and the only reason for that is the passivity and kindness of american citizens, who accept them for no mutual gain.

They did not create spanish either; they got it from the spanish. Mexicans, or mestizos were created by the spanish by banging the indians. Why do they want to use the language of a former colonizer? Is it because they were literally created by their colonizers, as an ethnic group?

Just as with the native americans and blacks, european-americans have given mestizos untold prosperity that they could not have reached on their own and they know how to appeal to white pity. Black slavery led to their descendants living lives of radically improved quality under white guidance, as happened with ‘native’ americans (europeans were actually the first according to recent research) as well, who have their own special rights and privileges. Europeans just made better use of the land.

[quote]Alffi wrote:

[quote]Rohnyn wrote:
Here is an argumentative research paper on the case for the recognition and acceptance of Spanish in the United States. Tell me what you think. I thought it was quite interesting, long, but very interesting.

Some time ago, foreign nationals illegally crossed the border into the sovereign territory of another nation. They flooded into territory that was not theirs and took advantage of the arable lands, speaking a foreign language and practicing an oft antagonistic religion. The government of this sovereign nation offered these would-be invaders amnesty on the condition that they learned the language of the nation, gave up activities considered illegal and did not invite anyone else to come without permission. In order to deal with this influx, the government instituted a visa process that would limit the number of aliens coming in and filter them out, so only the best and most suitable would be permitted. Some time passed, illegal immigration did not cease, the guests did not learn the national language, they became increasingly antagonistic to the local population, and maintained cultural practices entirely abhorrent to the national one. These illegal immigrants eventually threw a violent insurrection, seceding from the nation, subjugating the traditional populace, robbing them of their fertile lands and instituting the immoral practice of slavery that they had been secretly maintaining for years. This account does not describe illegal immigration to the United States, but rather, the violent illegal immigration to Mexico by Anglo-Americans and the subsequent formation of the Republic of Texas that followed. This account gives us a point of moral comparison for those who view the position of the Spanish language in the United States in the United States as an invasion. The Spanish language in the United States is not an invasive force, but rather a well-established language of the subjugated people of this country. Hispanic people have the right to communicate in their native tongue and must be permitted to exercise it freely in education, business and government; taking full advantage of the Bill of Rights and ancestral treaties with the US government.

Read the rest at…
I admittedly don’t know a great deal about the common history of Mexico and USA, just what goes on now.
If the mexicans could have taken USA back then, there is a good chance they would have. They are doing it now and the only reason for that is the passivity and kindness of american citizens, who accept them for no mutual gain.

They did not create spanish either; they got it from the spanish. Mexicans, or mestizos were created by the spanish by banging the indians. Why do they want to use the language of a former colonizer? Is it because they were literally created by their colonizers, as an ethnic group?

Just as with the native americans and blacks, european-americans have given mestizos untold prosperity that they could not have reached on their own and they know how to appeal to white pity. Black slavery led to their descendants living lives of radically improved quality under white guidance, as happened with ‘native’ americans (europeans were actually the first according to recent research) as well, who have their own special rights and privileges. Europeans just made better use of the land. [/quote]
This is snotty and pretensious…I dont even know where to begin.
The Federal Gov’t makes money hand over fist from the Mexicans.
Latin America has not been enriched by the USA, quite the opposite.
Yes, Mexicans are an Amerindian/White ethnic group, who do often speak Spanish.
The blood of the conqueror and the conquered run in their veins.

In what way have European-Americans given Native Americans, Blacks or Latinos prosperity. I understaand the recent pax Americana has improved the living standards of many but, over all the Anglos through history havent done the Natives, Blacks or Latinos any favors. In fact, those groups probably would have suffered far less without the Anglos.

[quote]Rohnyn wrote:

[quote]Alffi wrote:

[quote]Rohnyn wrote:

Read the rest at…

Just as with the native americans and blacks, european-americans have given mestizos untold prosperity that they could not have reached on their own and they know how to appeal to white pity. Black slavery led to their descendants living lives of radically improved quality under white guidance, as happened with ‘native’ americans (europeans were actually the first according to recent research) as well, who have their own special rights and privileges. Europeans just made better use of the land. [/quote]

In what way have European-Americans given Native Americans, Blacks or Latinos prosperity. I understaand the recent pax Americana has improved the living standards of many but, over all the Anglos through history havent done the Natives, Blacks or Latinos any favors. In fact, those groups probably would have suffered far less without the Anglos.

[/quote]

Because we all know how great it was to live in Africa or the Americas (relative to living in Europe) before European conquest…

[quote]TigerTime wrote:

[quote]Rohnyn wrote:

[quote]Alffi wrote:

[quote]Rohnyn wrote:

Read the rest at…

[/quote]

Because we all know how great it was to live in Africa or the Americas (relative to living in Europe) before European conquest… [/quote]
I’d take being a native in North America in the 1300s-1400 over being a filthy Euro in the same period. Why? Natives bathed. Natives didn’t have black plague. Natives also weren’t expecting some stupid continent wide religious war.

As for Africa, you might have a point.

[quote]reddog6376 wrote:

[quote]Rohnyn wrote:

[quote]reddog6376 wrote:

[quote]Rohnyn wrote:

[quote]Redmond6376 wrote:

[quote]Rohnyn wrote:

Some time ago, foreign nationals illegally crossed the border into the sovereign territory of another nation.***** US government.

Read the rest at…

Also a very good description of what the Spanish did to the Aztecs. So in reality that land doesn’t ‘belong’ to the Mexicans either, except via violent conquest. [/quote]

Actually you are entirely incorrect. The Spanish allied with competing Aztec nobles to overthrow the principality, the first administrators of the new nation were mixed race of Conquistadors and Aztec Nobles. The Spanish also did not institute slavery, as it had existed prior, and indeed their rule actually introduced a more humane and just society. It was mroe humane and just because the Aztecs had practiced serial murder and mutilation of people even women and children as a form of public spectacle - the Spanish forbade this.
[/quote]

I would wager the residence of Cholula in 1519 would disagree with you. My point stands that the Mexicans who claim to be the original residence displaced by violent conquest, are not the original residence and were there only through violent conquest.[/quote]

And the Aztecs conquered the Mixtecas. You obviously have not even read the article because it is not about ‘who is supposed to be there’ it’s about the validity of Spanish language within the USA. Further, if you read the part where the author speaks on Native Americans. He crushes your argument of validity by blood quantum by the fact that Mexicans are 80% Mestizo with the mean average of Amerindian descent being about 40% vs White Americans at 2.5% Mixed-Breed Amerindian. According to your argument of being Native giving you the right to inhabit North America…the Mexicans just got to jump you in line, sorry bub.

Will you actually read the article before forming a response to it?
At the very least, read my last response where I quote the section specifically addressing Illegal Immigration and Native Americans.

What is the point of debating an article you didn’t even read?

It’s *Residents btw.[/quote]

Texans speak American for the same reason. [/quote]

This statement is so wrong on so many levels.

[quote]Rohnyn wrote:

[quote]TigerTime wrote:

[quote]Rohnyn wrote:

[quote]Alffi wrote:

[quote]Rohnyn wrote:

Read the rest at…

[/quote]

Because we all know how great it was to live in Africa or the Americas (relative to living in Europe) before European conquest… [/quote]
I’d take being a native in North America in the 1300s-1400 over being a filthy Euro in the same period. Why? Natives bathed. Natives didn’t have black plague. Natives also weren’t expecting some stupid continent wide religious war.

As for Africa, you might have a point.[/quote]

Well, at least we agree on Africa