Soy

Read like 3 articles on soy in this forum…jus wanted to know what doesn’t have soy in it… my friend tryn to aruge with me sayin “its the milk companies goin against soy, thats why all this negative stuff comin out”. Then he brought in that soy is in protein drinks…which i know that soy is in some …but they can’t be in all. I was lookin at my protein mix andi didn’t see it on the ingredients…or could it be that they jus don’t list it i dunno. But can somebody help me out so i can win an arguement with shi hard headed bastard if possible. haha

Soy is not on the ingredients list? Then it doesn’t contain soy. What else do you need?

Take a look at all the protein supplements on this site for more examples.

maibe if had Grow!!..would know if soy was in or no…i dont care if anybody else thinks so cuz Grow!!! dont have any soy …and soy is bad when eatan when digested could be…shoud give some to taht harded nose bastard. LOLOL

haha…i’m tryn to tell his ass soy aint good. If he wants to drink it fine by me…i dun give a dayum anymore. When he notice himself goin to chick flicks and cryin, maybe he’ll get off ths soy. lol

fshizzle bro…nobody cares bout chick flix cuz that shit aint bumpin yo…maibe slip into his coke some soybeengs and bounce the fuck outa there B…hehe never see tha shit comin!!!1!!11

Wuf, you’re an evil man

[quote]wufwugy wrote:
fshizzle bro…nobody cares bout chick flix cuz that shit aint bumpin yo…maibe slip into his coke some soybeengs and bounce the fuck outa there B…hehe never see tha shit comin!!!1!!11[/quote]

LMAO

Soy is in most protein bars, except Grow! bars.

SOY IS SHIT. THEY HAVE SO MUCH OF IT THAT IT IS GREAT TO SELL OTHERWISE IT WOULD HAVE NO OTHER USE. Soy has high margins. ie. it costs like a dollar and they sell it for ten, they make 9$ profit. Now do you know why some companies use it in protein shakes and other products? soy is good for you… blah blah blah can you spell bullshit?

I am tired of hearing that from most female nutritionists on the web today. Whey and casein are tops, dont let anyone tell you otherwise, I wouldnt even recommend soy to women, especially post menopausal women.

Everything this site has to offer is excellent quality, buy from T-Nation, prices are great as well! I just wish shipping and customs in Canada werent as dumb… They are going to have to make some changes, it is very frustrating, I am tired of GNC. I think CT should bring me some back when he goes to the US! Always good to dream!

[quote]usaffirefighter wrote:
Wuf, you’re an evil man[/quote]

clasps hands, raps fingers, and hisses, “excellent.”

[quote]mike08042 wrote:
Soy is in most protein bars, except Grow! bars.

SOY IS SHIT. THEY HAVE SO MUCH OF IT THAT IT IS GREAT TO SELL OTHERWISE IT WOULD HAVE NO OTHER USE. Soy has high margins. ie. it costs like a dollar and they sell it for ten, they make 9$ profit. Now do you know why some companies use it in protein shakes and other products? soy is good for you… blah blah blah can you spell bullshit?

I am tired of hearing that from most female nutritionists on the web today. Whey and casein are tops, dont let anyone tell you otherwise, I wouldnt even recommend soy to women, especially post menopausal women.

Everything this site has to offer is excellent quality, buy from T-Nation, prices are great as well! I just wish shipping and customs in Canada werent as dumb… They are going to have to make some changes, it is very frustrating, I am tired of GNC. I think CT should bring me some back when he goes to the US! Always good to dream![/quote]

I actually have a bottle of Low-Carb Grow! sitting on my desk so I grabbed it and read the label. On the back it says in plain english “Contains milk and SOY ingredients.”

Soy lecithin is not soy protein, so it does not cause those potential estrogenic issues. Soy lecithin is an emulsifier. The only reason it calls out the soy ingredients in that manner is for people who might be allergic to soy. Read the label again. There is no soy protein in Grow!

so only soy protien causes the lowering of testosterone in the male body??

[quote]SooCrucial wrote:
so only soy protien causes the lowering of testosterone in the male body??[/quote]

Yes

It is not simply the protein. The worst is what all these company’s are selling the processed soy isolates.

Whole soy while nothing I will eat with regualrity or in huge quantities, is much better for you than the isolates. It is actually the left over by product after they remove the Usefull things in soy, oils, lecthin, etc.

So in short dont let it scare you from the occasional chinese dish just dont make it a staple, and I personally avoid the isolates like the plague.

Hope that helps,
Phill

Here this may help.

Soy : Poison Protein Article
http://www.t-nation.com/readTopic.do?id=459516

Also google it. You will find various studies. Some even include long studies that show feeding it to live stock, pigs, etc, YEARS ago. Showed birth defects etc, Yet still the HUGE soy liobby pushes this on people jknowing that they have to limit it in animals to not cause probs.

OK read and learn,
Phill

[quote]Phill wrote:
Here this may help.

Soy : Poison Protein Article
http://www.t-nation.com/readTopic.do?id=459516

Also google it. You will find various studies. Some even include long studies that show feeding it to live stock, pigs, etc, YEARS ago. Showed birth defects etc, Yet still the HUGE soy liobby pushes this on people jknowing that they have to limit it in animals to not cause probs.

OK read and learn,
Phill[/quote]

Thx for the info Phill. And thank everyone else for ur replies

I was just eating some tuna and looked at the ingrediants and it said it contains SOY!?!? wtf

Yup, that is covered in the article above… I think… or another here on the site. They hide that crap ALL over the place.

You have to watch your labels.