T Nation

Soy Protein

While waiting for my large order of Low-Carb Grow! to arrive, i was impatient and drove to GNC to get a cheap bottle to tide me over. not until i had a few servings did i realize i had purchased isolated soy protein. man, it tastes bad and chunks up into little soy balls that won’t fit through the strainer inside my shaker bottle. i didn’t even know GNC sold soy protein. thankfully, my Grow! arrived today. i’m a cheap bastard and wondering if this soy protein is doing more harm than good to my body or is worth keeping around. any thoughts?

You’re a cheap bastard but you shop at GNC?

HAHA

Their shit is so overpriced it makes me laugh.

Everything is way overpriced. I usually buy atkins advantage protein bars from this sndcanada place. They sell them for 27.99. I go to GNC, 44.99 without GNC card, 37.99 with GNC card.

Wow still a huge rip off.

They sell single bars for 4.49. Fuck I saw them at loblaws (a grocery store) for 2.49.

Every single product there is double what regular stores sell it for.

you’re gonna grow tits, dude.

Yeah, Soy is shit. And NOTHING is cheap at GNC. The fraking ON Whey I used to get is $49 at GNC, I got it online for $24.99. Unfortunatly, GNC is the ONLY place I have found Countdown, which is the only thing that comes close to Surge in the PWO department, even though the taste is not as good, but it’s $39.99 for 2lbs! Come on!

i know. their prices are just ridiculous. i was desperate. even with the memebership card, it costs way too much. that’s why i’m reluctant to just chunk it. but, if it’s no good, i’ll throw it out.

[quote]donder1 wrote:
i know. their prices are just ridiculous. i was desperate. even with the memebership card, it costs way too much. that’s why i’m reluctant to just chunk it. but, if it’s no good, i’ll throw it out.[/quote]

throw it out, it causes estrogenic effects in males, including reduced T levels and elevated estrogen levels. If you want bitch tits and a shitty workout, drink up. If not, THROW IT OUT!

[quote]donder1 wrote:
i’m a cheap bastard and wondering if this soy protein is doing more harm than good to my body or is worth keeping around. any thoughts?[/quote]

Considering the taste of soy your better off dumping it and having your MD just write you a script for Ortho Evra. ; )

Actually just “saving it for emergencies” after making a bad purchase (of any supplement) is a logical concept that we have all tried at one time or another. Believe me, one year from now you’ll still be looking at that container of estrogen every time you open the cupboard door.

It’s akin to being trapped in the rubble of a building and having to drink your own piss to survive…the chances that you will ever drink that stuff again is about the same as you drinking your own piss within the next year or two…which ironically, probably has more nutrients than soy protein

I can tell you from experience you are better off not using it. Several years ago, and without any knowledge of this site, I used a Soy protein supplement. After using it for just over a month I noticed several changes. My chest was fatty around my nipples and my libido was not right. Fortunately I stopped using it mainly because of the taste. Of course I didn’t make the connection then, but after discovering the information on this, I am sure it was side effects from the soy.

I use ON Double chocolate for pre workout, and Grow! for everything else.

[quote]donder1 wrote:
While waiting for my large order of Low-Carb Grow! to arrive, i was impatient and drove to GNC to get a cheap bottle to tide me over. not until i had a few servings did i realize i had purchased isolated soy protein. man, it tastes bad and chunks up into little soy balls that won’t fit through the strainer inside my shaker bottle. i didn’t even know GNC sold soy protein. thankfully, my Grow! arrived today. i’m a cheap bastard and wondering if this soy protein is doing more harm than good to my body or is worth keeping around. any thoughts?

Accidents happen, but you live and learn. Buying protein powder and most things from GNC is , as everyone else told you, over priced. But I do have to argue that once and awhile you can find a good buy at GNC. Case in point, a new GNC opened near my place and had a sale. I got 12 MetRx Big100 meal replacement Bars for around $24. But this case rarly occurs. If it happens again, look for a none main stream supplement store to buy from. I can get a 5lb bucket of Optimum Nutrition’s Pro Cmplex 100% WHEY for $24. This is some good stuff, I’ve used it for awhile with good results.

I have not heard of estrogenic effects from soy protein. Would anyone care to site some sources on that infor for the betterment of all.

The search feature works really well in a situation like this.

DON’T CHUCK IT! One good thing about GNC is they have a great return policy. If you still have your receipt you can return it for a refund (w/in 90 days I believe).

[quote]NatX wrote:
I can get a 5lb bucket of Optimum Nutrition’s Pro Cmplex 100% WHEY for $24. This is some good stuff, I’ve used it for awhile with good results.
[/quote]

That is a pretty good deal! Best I’ve seen it for is like $34.

[quote]NatX wrote:
I have not heard of estrogenic effects from soy protein. Would anyone care to site some sources on that infor for the betterment of all.[/quote]

http://www.t-nation.com/readTopic.do?id=459516

http://www.t-nation.com/readTopic.do?id=460347

http://www.t-nation.com/readTopic.do?id=459861

Need more?