Soy Protein Powders

I saw many articles about soy beeing bad and stuff, but in many protein powders is soy inside. Should i avoid such protein powders or what ?

You say you’ve seen the articles - have you actually read them? (just asking, not flaming).
If you do you’ll probably come to your own conclusion that you never want soy to pass your lips again.
Even I try to avoid them now and I’m a girl so testicular-cell death is not such a concern.

Short answer in my opinion? Avoid them and buy Grow! instead. Best protein powder ever.
And no, I’m not receiving any kick-backs to say that, but how about sending a box of Grow! bars my way TC?

Purchase all of your protein powders from Biotest.

“Soy is bad, should I buy stuff with soy in it?”

It’s a rhetorical question, right?

I don’t know of ANY good protein powders that contain soy.

Have you looked at Low-Carb Grow! on this site?

Soy is great if your training goals include testiciular cell death.

If your goals don’t include this, you should probably avoid it.

not to mention soy is like the new frickn corn syrup. it’s everywhere and in everything. prolly soon it’ll be in gasoline.

Just like to mention taht WHOLE soy products are not the devil. Such as whole beans and even the occasional tofu at the oriental restuarant. I just wouldnt make them a staople.

It is the isolate found in those sub par powders and bars that you really want to avoid.

Soy : Poison Protein Article
http://www.t-nation.com/readTopic.do?id=459516

Hope that helps

It was a rhetorical qouestion and yes i did read all the articles about soy. It gets me kind of mad when i find soy in many protein powders and it has been proven that soy ahoulden’t be in muscle growth products. For information i live in Austria and i don’t know how many soy protein powders exist in America or other countries.

But thx for all the replies

Well I wouldnt go as far as saying it is proven in totality to be so bad for you. But yes there are studies that show some VERY bad stuff. On the other end there are those that show good results.

I dont think that has ever been disputed here. Just that for the time being it is a good idea to avoid Soy Isolates, so if/when the BAD effects are proven as fact we are ahead of the game, informed if you may.

Just not worth the chance to me and the stuff tatse like crap as is and isnt the best source of protein regardless.

I shared my experience with soy protein in another thread, and have a friend who has a nutrition lecture tape from a physician who rages against soy worse than even T-Mag here, but one of his points is the protein in soy doesn’t even get absorbed, or at least it’s absorbed very poorly. I’ll get the doctor’s name and post it as soon as I talk to my friend so you all can check it out yourselves.

[quote]el_minjo wrote:
It was a rhetorical qouestion and yes i did read all the articles about soy. It gets me kind of mad when i find soy in many protein powders and it has been proven that soy ahoulden’t be in muscle growth products. For information i live in Austria and i don’t know how many soy protein powders exist in America or other countries.

But thx for all the replies[/quote]

In any case, try to avoid the cheap products offered in Austrian drugstores (dm, etc.), as these often contain soy, and always check the table of nutritional facts.