Soy Milk?

I know about the evils of soy protein but I was wondering if this only applies to the high doses that would come with using large amounts of soy protein powder. I have a friend who drinks soy milk and I said that they shouldn’t drink it but is this the case? They probably drink about 3 litres a week (I think there is about 4 litres in a gallon?)

I wouldnt. It is still a very highly processed version of an otherwise not to bad bean. Many of those soy milks are also mainly just a premixed version of the EVIL soy isolate protein powders.

I personally aviod soy save for the occasional soy sauce, sprouts and what little I get when I go to a Chinese restuarant 1 time a month or less.

Hope that helps,

Phill

Why does your friend drink the soy rather than cow milk?

They think soy milk is good for you

[quote]Phill wrote:
I wouldnt. It is still a very highly processed version of an otherwise not to bad bean. Many of those soy milks are also mainly just a premixed version of the EVIL soy isolate protein powders.

I personally aviod soy save for the occasional soy sauce, sprouts and what little I get when I go to a Chinese restuarant 1 time a month or less.

Hope that helps,

Phill

[/quote]

Soy isolate is not good? I thought it was just the soy bean drink.

[quote]KelvinL wrote:
Phill wrote:

Hope that helps,

Phill

Soy isolate is not good? I thought it was just the soy bean drink.

[/quote]

NO!!!

The isolate is the WORST. If yopu had a bean drink you get it (the phyto estrogens and such) but with the isolate you are getting a complete concentrated version of all the bad things that soy has to offer.

The isolate is actually a byproduct after getting the usefull items out of soy. The lecthin, oils, etc… For years they threw it away dumpe it in rivers etc. Then began feeding it to livestock. Mainly pigs. then found at to high a dose it created NUMEROUS problems in brith defects, sex problem, death. So they had to limit that as well.

So what do they do with it. Start pumping it into EVERYTHING that we comsume. Short story stay I will stay away from it as much as possible and check those labels, you will often find it pumped into canned tuna and everything else. Best bet is Buy REAL WHOLE food.

OK hope that helped a little. There are numerous articles that go into this on this site, and google will really open your eyes.

Phill

I let nothing “soy” enter my body!

[quote]waggat wrote:
They think soy milk is good for you[/quote]

Why do you care what they drink? Are they happy in their little world drinking soy milk? Do they force you to drink soy milk? Do they eat and drink anything besides soy milk? Unless the guys in the family have turned into femmies, let them be.

I use a protein formula

20% CFM Whey Isolate
20% Soy Isolate
20% Egg White
20% Aussie Caseinate
20% Hydrolyzed 1400

Is that amount of soy isolote a problem?
I supplement about 100 grams/day with this forumla

[quote]aikidoka wrote:
I use a protein formula

20% CFM Whey Isolate
20% Soy Isolate
20% Egg White
20% Aussie Caseinate
20% Hydrolyzed 1400

Is that amount of soy isolote a problem?
I supplement about 100 grams/day with this forumla[/quote]

Well you couldnt pay me to use your protein formula.

While the Soy issue is up in the air better safe than sorry.

Also there are WAY better choices of Protein soy not being complete. Its a vegetable Protein.

Just my take. It’s your health however. Id go with Low-Carb Grow! Cant beat the taste and Profile of ingredients.