Soy Milk vs. Regular Milk

Hello everyone, I just want to know about this whole soy thing, it is said that it effects your testosterone levels and/or increases estrogen. Anyway the problem I am having is with regular milk, I have a hard time just drinking it (even mixed with my protein, which is what I mainly use it for) because I absolutely hate the taste and it maybe irritating my stomach sometimes.

I don’t have this problem with soy milk, it tastes great with the protein and I can even drink it as it is, but I am afraid to use it (as I have read on different posts here and researched) because it is said to effect test levels and increase estrogen. so is it alright to use soy milk, or should I suck it up and continue using regular milk?

(BTW I am only concerned if the soy milk has a major effect on my test levels etc. if not, I will use it)

I like to mix my protein with dihydrogen monoxide. It’s great, you avoid all the problems of regular milk and soy.

If you have a problem drinking milk, then why drink it? It’s definitely NOT a necessity. Mix you protein with water. If you don’t like the taste of that, use the Crystal Light “On the Go” packets. It’l taste yummy.

This isn’t saying milk is bad. It definitely is a great tool for gaining mass and is calorie dense, but you can always make up for it with other foods. Don’t drink it just cause someone said “Squats and Milk!”.

cueball

1. Search articles (on T-Nation) about soy.

2. Its soy juice, people, not soy milk. Why? Because there’s no soy tit.

[quote]marathe wrote:

1. Search articles (on T-Nation) about soy.

2. Its soy juice, people, not soy milk. Why? Because there’s no soy tit.[/quote]

Lol I get you, ppl just have a habit of calling it soy milk, I guess because its an alternative to actual milk (lactose & tolerant ppl etc), does it really matter…Anyway, thanks guys.

so just stop drinking it. there is no reason you have to drink milk and plenty of things that you can eat instead. No reason to have to have to eat something you don’t like. Also look up articles like poison protein that talk about soy as suggested already.

PeterD

I think it may be the type of milk I use also (2%, skim etc.) 2% seems to go down smoother and less or no stommach problems. I will experiment 2% vs skim, and try adding additional ingredients to the protein mix for better taste. I also use milk to cook my cream of wheat or oat meal mornings, so its not like it will be completely out of my diet anyway.

[quote]PeterD wrote:
so just stop drinking it. there is no reason you have to drink milk and plenty of things that you can eat instead. No reason to have to have to eat something you don’t like. Also look up articles like poison protein that talk about soy as suggested already.

PeterD[/quote]

I see, the only reason why I brought the milk think up was because it does add a good amount of calories to my diet (among other stuff), I will also look into other alternatives, sort this thing out. Thanks a lot.

I drink soy and eat tofu. If you eat/drink a variety of stuff you should be fine. I doubt soy really effects testosterone levels all that much. That estrogen component in soy is found in other foods also, particularly legumes. Besides, I don’t believe it behaves like humane estrogen anyway…or if it did then you’d probably need massive amounts of it.

I stopped drinking milk, because it bothered me and switched to soy. I’ll have 1-2 servings of soy max per day.

[quote]dtehollis wrote:
I think it may be the type of milk I use also (2%, skim etc.) 2% seems to go down smoother and less or no stommach problems. I will experiment 2% vs skim, and try adding additional ingredients to the protein mix for better taste.[/quote]

I was actually going to say the same thing. I’m a skim milk fan, but I cannot stand the taste of whole milk. Even 2% has a funny taste and texture to me since I’m not used to it. Milk from a plastic bottle tastes much better than a paper carton IMO. Personally I much prefer the texture of protein shakes made with any ‘milk’ (soy or regular) than water.

[quote]dfreezy wrote:
dtehollis wrote:
I think it may be the type of milk I use also (2%, skim etc.) 2% seems to go down smoother and less or no stommach problems. I will experiment 2% vs skim, and try adding additional ingredients to the protein mix for better taste.

I was actually going to say the same thing. I’m a skim milk fan, but I cannot stand the taste of whole milk. Even 2% has a funny taste and texture to me since I’m not used to it. Milk from a plastic bottle tastes much better than a paper carton IMO. Personally I much prefer the texture of protein shakes made with any ‘milk’ (soy or regular) than water.[/quote]

exactly, thanks for adding your experience…

[quote]Brant_Drake wrote:
I like to mix my protein with dihydrogen monoxide. It’s great, you avoid all the problems of regular milk and soy.

[/quote]

Lol, I remember that trick from chemistry class. Damn scientific nomenclature.

If it comes down to taste, well suck it up. If it really makes you feel sick, well listen to your body. But I think many people are too sensative to taste. Not everything good for you tastes good, but on the plus side, your tastes will change when you get used to things.

obviously be careful if you have a real allergy, but if you dont, just force yourself to do it for a while, you will quickly adapt.

How many of us liked the taste of beer when we were younger?

[quote]Padilla7921 wrote:
Brant_Drake wrote:

Lol, I remember that trick from chemistry class. Damn scientific nomenclature.[/quote]

Trick!? That stuff is poison! Warning. Never consume this toxin. This site explains everything: