Soy Milk for Boys

I am not an expert in this by any means, but I have alrays avoided soy milk, and have refused to let my wife feed our boy (2 1/2 years old) soy milk (or, when he was a baby, soy formula). My wife is now a beleiver in the potential dangers of soy, especially for males, and has mentioned the dangers to several of her friends who have bought into the whole “soy is the ultimate health food” story.

Her friends are interested in hearing more, as they all want the best for their kids and don’t want to risk endangering their health. Can someone who is more versed in this subject help me out by giving me links or references to studies that have shown soy to be harmful to young children (especially males)?

I’m not talking about the typical Internet-scare Mercola crap, as that type of thing will be immediately suspect to my wife’s friends. I’m talking about scientific, peer-reviewed type stuff.

Any help would be appreciated. I’d like to help my wife’s friends “see the light” about the dangers of soy, especially as they are feeding this stuff to their young children.

Thanks,
Static

Do a search here several articles and one really hits on the dangers with both male and female children and the end of the articles ahs the references of the studies.

Here is a study from a group in Scotland that shows lower testosterone levels in primates that were fed infant soy formula:

http://humrep.oxfordjournals.org/cgi/content/full/17/7/1692

Here is thew link to the latest article from here with links to two others and they like I said have references to the studies.

I would also caution female children not just male the one artice and studies go well into it is well. early on set puberty in girls, etc etc.

I’ll never forgive my parents for feeding me that shit. Honestly, during the most important part of a child’s life, they should be using the absolute best food they can get their hands on. Not some cheap made in China soy.

If you haven’t checked it out yet, there’s a good article here by Chris Shugart called “Poison Protein” that has a lot of info.

Thanks, all… I have checked out the articles, and I think I’ve got enough “ammo” for now…

• Static

Good, keep that crap away from anyone and everyone.

Soy = Devil.

http://www.westonaprice.org/soy/index.html