Soy Lecithin?

So I’m a bit confused. I’ve been reading all this stuff about phytoestrogens and acids in bean skins that do awful things to your body. Consequently, I began an anti-soy campaign to rid my house and diet of the vegan staple. Then, one day, my tub of Metabolic Drive was facing the wrong way when I pulled it from the cupboard. To my horror, I saw it… right there staring me in the face like a positive paternity test… Allergen Warning: Contains milk, soy, wait… HOLY SHIT! Really? What gives? Am I missing something here?

It’s not shit really. SOy lecithin is in a lot of stuff but is real minute. Look at the bigger picture you’re not taking in a lot of soy/omega 6’s. Taking your omega 3s and keeping a healthy balance.

Yeah I’m not a big fan of soy either. Perhaps it’s not as bad as some of us make it out to be. Yet I just can’t help but think of real skinny ass people drinking soy milk and eating soy pudding when I think of “soy”.

Don’t fret, my man.

Soy lecithin is just a thickening agent, and it carries none of the estrogen worries of soy protein.

There are many components to soy, some of these components are phytoestrogens, some some (Lecithin) are used as emulsifiers in the product. Have you ever wondered how fat can be stable as a powder, or how Metabolic Drive is so delicious?

Essentially, Soy Lecithin is a different compound than Genistein or Daidzein (The booby causing agents)

[quote]SBT wrote:
Don’t fret, my man.

Soy lecithin is just a thickening agent, and it carries none of the estrogen worries of soy protein.[/quote]

^Truth. My Dad is a food scientist for Nestle and confirmed this to me already.