Soy in my food

I was looking at some food labels today as I ate the things inside of the boxes that I was looking at, and now I’m scared to even read the ingredient lists of some of the foods I eat. Why? B/c soy seems to be rearing its ugly ass in many of the food products that I do eat. It’s in my oatmeal, granola bars, cereal, pudding, Ensure (which I only drink/drank after my wisdom teeth surgery since I got it for free), beefaroli, as well as tons of other canned goods and products. It’s in just about every friggin thing that isn’t slaughtered or grown from a plant naturally. My question is why? When did it become acceptable to put soy into every pre packaged, and processed food item? Is it really necessary? What is the purpose of putting soy in grain products such as cereal? I just don’t get it.

I was doin’ grocery shopping today,and
I wandered thru the “health food” section.On one of the labels of a particular protein powder was a proclamation of a pretty impressive amt. of protein per serving.Yep,most of it was Soy.If you didn’t read the label,you would never have known.Soy is one of the main crops in the U.S.It is also relatively inexpensive to grow,so
every mfg.that wants to cut cost,and state a higher protein content can do so by adding soy protein.The only thing I can offer is to keep reading everything on every label.Plus ,get some decent cookbooks so you won’t eat that crap.Lean Bodies,by Cliff Sheats has worked pretty well.Decent tasting recipies.

Stop believing all the gospel. Soy won’t kill you.

“It’s in my…granola bars, cereal, pudding, Ensure (which I only drink/drank after my wisdom teeth surgery since I got it for free), beefaroli, as well as tons of other canned goods and products”

What are you doing eating “beefaroli”, pudding, cereal and granola bars for? You are eating Beefaroli and your worried about soy? This is what Berarde was talking about last week.

Well I eat that stuff, cause for christmas one of my presents was a bin of food. I figure it’s better than eating bread, apples and milk after supper while it lasts, since that’s pretty much all I am able steal from meal hall for my other 3+ meals a day that aren’t covered by a meal plan. Damit I hate being poor, but I got that prison mentality where I’m gonna grow stronger and bigger no matter what :slight_smile: