Soy and the Science

Hi everyone!
Just wondering if anyone is up on the latest studies concerning soy and males, particularly where testosterone is concerned. I have been scared off soy for 5 years or so and wondered if there are any updates showing it may not be as harmful as some have thought…Just curious, you know?

Thanks to all

I dont have any scientific studies but unless you gorge on soy everyday, you’ll most likely be ok. So yes, keep dipping your sushi’s into it, it’s fine.

I personally dont believe anything that’s been consumed by many of the healthiest nations of the world can be bad in moderation

Peace

[quote]outlaws wrote:
I dont have any scientific studies but unless you gorge on soy everyday, you’ll most likely be ok. So yes, keep dipping your sushi’s into it, it’s fine.

I personally dont believe anything that’s been consumed by many of the healthiest nations of the world can be bad in moderation

Peace
[/quote]

Soy Sauce isn’t the issue. It’s large quantity of soy ingestion. Tofu, Soy protein powder, etc, etc.

The science is still showing that soy is bad for male sex hormones. I just saw a study yesterday where soy supplementation ( > 1.2 g per kg bw ) gave no strength gains over a 12 week period, where milk protein supplementation ( > 1.2 g per kg bw )and even just average protein consumption ( < 1.2 grams per kg bw ). It did suggest over the 12 weeks there was no muscle mass loss.

However I would still avoid large quantities of soy intake.