Soviet Sports

[quote]Spartan300 wrote:
Easy there boys! Powerlifting maybe, but Football? No way! The Soviets tried but were never able to figure out Baseball. Even with the help of Comrade Fidel. Football is even harder to figure out then Baseball. Believe me I’ve tried to explain both games to many Europeans from different countries. Baseball they begin to get “a little bit”. Football is like explaining Nuclear Physics to a 9 year old, none of them ever get it, not even a bit.

[/quote]

Football’s easy: fast guy runs offside while proteced by 4 other guys. small guy hides behind a line of big guys and tosses him the ball. Touchdown!!

Seriously, I think you’re right. I’ve been watching football this entire season and still can’t figure it out.

Now please excuse me while I put on an asbestos suit for all the guys that didn’t get the joke.

Figure out FOOTBALL? Come and play cricket rofl.

[quote]alstan90 wrote:
Figure out FOOTBALL? Come and play cricket rofl.[/quote]

Cricket’s even easier:

One team is in, the team that is out tries to get the team that is in,out so that the team that is out can be in. This repeats four times, after which a draw is declared.

PS. Well done in the Ashes.

[quote]Zap Branigan wrote:
Powerlifting is a different story. If the Russians had focused on powerlifting instead of Olympic lifting they would have been pretty good.
[/quote]
Not sure what you’re referring to here. If you look at IPF Worlds results now and a few years back, you can see the East Block being quite well represented in most weight classes.

are you guys missing that fact that we are the dominate country when it comes to sprinting as well? Thus we have the better, fast, explosive athletes.

Canada wupped the Soviets in 72 at Hockey.

[quote]Zap Branigan wrote:
If Rocky can go train in the snow old school style and kick Drago’s roided up ass, just image how badly our roided up football players would destroy theirs.

[/quote]

I don’t think many other countries care about football…

[quote]paul bunyan wrote:
Canada wupped the Soviets in 72 at Hockey. [/quote]

Heh, if by wupped you mean “barely beat after Bobby Clarke slashed the hell out of their best player’s ankle at the start of the series”, you’re right!

[quote]CaptainLogic wrote:
paul bunyan wrote:
Canada wupped the Soviets in 72 at Hockey.

Heh, if by wupped you mean “barely beat after Bobby Clarke slashed the hell out of their best player’s ankle at the start of the series”, you’re right![/quote]

He was just playing the canadian game…plus what do you expect out of a dirty Flyer.

I second the first statement. We wupped em. Just like Canada will own hockey for the next 30 years and forever. Its like the US’s football up here. We just know how to turn farm boys into hockey players.