South Park Owns Family Guy

So pathetic. We’ve become a nation of pussies.

On the other hand, critics of the network have pointed out that showing ?Mohammed standing there, looking normal? is not allowed, while showing Jesus defecating on President Bush and the American flag is permitted.

This is exactly what bothers me. They totally wussed out on this issue.

[quote]Zap Branigan wrote:
On the other hand, critics of the network have pointed out that showing ?Mohammed standing there, looking normal? is not allowed, while showing Jesus defecating on President Bush and the American flag is permitted.

This is exactly what bothers me. They totally wussed out on this issue.[/quote]

I think if anything showing the Jesus and Bush thing reinforces what a truly free country we are and how christians( at least some of them) do have a sense of humor or at least tolerance enough for people’s freedom to poke fun. Basically it really shows how much of bitches the muslims are that want to riot and bomb things over some cartoons being shown when we can not only clown our leader but a major religious figure as well.

The crazy part is that they think that our way of life/freedoms are horrible and that their way is what Allah wants for the world. A world without a sense of humor—no thanks.

Southpark and the Daily Show own

I wonder if kyle was talking about how pulling episodes leads to more censorship because of the scientology thing that just happened, now they had to censor Muhammed.

Wouldn’t be surprised if they intended that.

Dont know if its been posted yet but here is the uncensored version

This is exactly what bothers me. They totally wussed out on this issue.[/quote]

Which is why it was such a great episode. They showed the double standard and the cowardice of much of the Western media while also trashing their formulaic competition.

[quote]GuitarLuver wrote:
Dont know if its been posted yet but here is the uncensored version

Oh, hell. I can see why Comedy Central would worry about that causing violence. What kind of animal would air something like that? I never dreamed it would be that vile and offensive.

Great quote. Couldn’t agree more. Either everything is sacred, or nothing is.

They say there is a fake version out on the internet.

[quote]GDollars37 wrote:
Zap Branigan wrote:

Which is why it was such a great episode. They showed the double standard and the cowardice of much of the Western media while also trashing their formulaic competition.[/quote]

They themselves practiced the same cowardice as the rest of the western media.

The more I read about this the more I realize this is a publicity stunt.

Comedy Central has already let them show Mohammed in previous episodes.

This is all bullshit.

GDollars37 wrote:
Zap Branigan wrote:

Which is why it was such a great episode. They showed the double standard and the cowardice of much of the Western media while also trashing their formulaic competition.

They themselves practiced the same cowardice as the rest of the western media. [/quote]

No, “they” didn’t. The two guys who write South Park, Trey Parker and Matt Stone, geniuses in my opinion, wrote the scene with Muhammad handing Peter a “fish helmet.” Comedy Central then censored it out. The creators and writers of the show do not = Comedy Central.

And in answer to your second post, it’s my understanding that the Super Friends episode with Muhammad is no longer aired as a rerun following Denmark etc.

We have all been suckered. First by the Isaac Hayes deal and now by this.

They have manipulated us.

The episode was perfectly set up to have Comedy Central “edit” out the appearance of Mohammed and then still have the shock value with Jesus shitting on the flag.

A masterful publicity stunt. I don’t know if I should be pissed off or admire those guys.

[quote]GDollars37 wrote:
And their own network:

Awesome.[/quote]

there’s a difference between actually being funny and being over the top…family guy = funny south park= just tries to ruffle feathers by being over the top.

[quote]Mad Titan wrote:
GDollars37 wrote:
And their own network:

Awesome.

there’s a difference between actually being funny and being over the top…family guy = funny south park= just tries to ruffle feathers by being over the top. [/quote]

I agree completely. I don’t really find trying to offend as many people as humanly possible the funniest type of comedy. I would rather watch an episode of Family Guy than Southpark if I had a choice between them. Then again, I own every Family Guy episode released on DVD and don’t own any from Southpark.

[quote]Professor X wrote:
Mad Titan wrote:
GDollars37 wrote:
And their own network:

Awesome.

there’s a difference between actually being funny and being over the top…family guy = funny south park= just tries to ruffle feathers by being over the top.

I agree completely. I don’t really find trying to offend as many people as humanly possible the funniest type of comedy. I would rather watch an episode of Family Guy than Southpark if I had a choice between them. Then again, I own every Family Guy episode released on DVD and don’t own any from Southpark.[/quote]

I just don’t find Family Guy that funny. It’s pop culture references as humor, not too creative. I chuckle when I watch it, rarely laugh out loud.

South Park is more hit and miss sometimes, but much funnier at its best, in my opinion.

Mad Titan wrote:
GDollars37 wrote:
And their own network:

Awesome.

I agree completely. I don’t really find trying to offend as many people as humanly possible the funniest type of comedy. I would rather watch an episode of Family Guy than Southpark if I had a choice between them. Then again, I own every Family Guy episode released on DVD and don’t own any from Southpark.[/quote]

I agree. Family Guy is truly funny. South Park is not as funny but gets by on pushing the envelope and creating controversy.

This is exactly what they have done with the recent episode and once again I was sucked in by the controversy.

Publicity stunt!

Mad Titan wrote:
GDollars37 wrote:
And their own network:

Awesome.

I like American Dad

[quote]km02 wrote:
I like American Dad

[/quote]

That would account for their one rating.