South Park Owns Family Guy

And their own network:

Awesome.

I saw that and thought it sucked.

They have Jesus crapping on a flag and they are afraid to show Mohammed.

I don’t care if it was Comedy Centrals or the South Park guys decision. It was cowardly.

And BTW why are you frequenting a site that has this ad in the corner?

Meet Gay Jocks at RealJock.com

RealJock.com is a free community for gay jocks, athletes, and fitness buffs. Post a profile and meet gay jocks near you. We offer free profiles, search, mail, IM, how-to articles, and a whole lot more.
Are you trying to tell us something?

I loved this episode. This season is turning out to be the most over the top one yet, between Chef telling the children he’d like to stick his balls in their rectums, and then in this episode blasting their own network for being cowards. Good stuff!

I thought it was weak.

I men, I love how SouthPark can go over the top, but I mean, they could have done a hell of a lot better.

I think they should have had a Family Guy ep and a seperate Islam Bashing ep.

I really need to download some of these. It’s rediculous that they’re only allowed to make fun of certain things…

I thought Part 2 sucked.

I thought it was awesome, the Terrance and Phillip beginning to pt. 2 was great.

How could they have done it better?! Trey Parker and Matt Stone hold no punches, not even those thrown at their own network. You gotta respect that.

[quote]Hamster wrote:
How could they have done it better?! Trey Parker and Matt Stone hold no punches, not even those thrown at their own network. You gotta respect that.[/quote]

They could have shown a picture of Mohammed or told Comedy Central to fuck off. Instead the caved in to the pressure.

[quote]Zap Branigan wrote:
Hamster wrote:
How could they have done it better?! Trey Parker and Matt Stone hold no punches, not even those thrown at their own network. You gotta respect that.

They could have shown a picture of Mohammed or told Comedy Central to fuck off. Instead the caved in to the pressure.[/quote]

I think they made their point pretty clearly. Plus showing mohammed in this country isn’t nearly as blasphemous as showing Jesus and GW shit on the American flag.

Hamster wrote:

They could have shown a picture of Mohammed or told Comedy Central to fuck off. Instead the caved in to the pressure.[/quote]

They did in an earlier episode. Comedy Central wouldn’t rerun it. That is what prompted this whole thing.

Hamster wrote:

Google the issue. Comedy Central censored them, that’s the whole point of the episode (in addition to trashing Family Guy for the formulaic crap it is).

And BTW why are you frequenting a site that has this ad in the corner?

Meet Gay Jocks at RealJock.com

RealJock.com is a free community for gay jocks, athletes, and fitness buffs. Post a profile and meet gay jocks near you. We offer free profiles, search, mail, IM, how-to articles, and a whole lot more.
Are you trying to tell us something?[/quote]

Haha, this was the biggest clip of the episode I could find online, I didn’t even notice the ads.

If you saw the first episode, the part where they dug holes in the sand and stuck their heads in them was hilarious too.

[quote]GDollars37 wrote:
Zap Branigan wrote:
Hamster wrote:

They could have shown a picture of Mohammed or told Comedy Central to fuck off. Instead the caved in to the pressure.

Google the issue. Comedy Central censored them, that’s the whole point of the episode (in addition to trashing Family Guy for the formulaic crap it is).[/quote]

It may be formulaic, and it may be repetitive even down to bathroom humor and drug references, but any show that can consisently make me laugh out loud deserves some credit. I stopped laughing at The Simpsons when I was in junior high school.

so did they censor muhamed in the recent ep, aswell as refuse to air the old episode with the super best friends? cause that depicted muhamed in it like 4 or 5 years ago or somethin

[quote]Professor X wrote:
GDollars37 wrote:
Zap Branigan wrote:
Hamster wrote:

Google the issue. Comedy Central censored them, that’s the whole point of the episode (in addition to trashing Family Guy for the formulaic crap it is).

It may be formulaic, and it may be repetitive even down to bathroom humor and drug references, but any show that can consisently make me laugh out loud deserves some credit. I stopped laughing at The Simpsons when I was in junior high school.[/quote]

Eh, Family Guy has its moments just as the Simpsons still do. South Park seems to still be going strong in the humor department. I havent watched it regularly for a while but when I do catch an episode its been quite funny.

The reason South Park pays hommage to the Simpsons often is because its what started it all. Before the Simpsons a primetime cartoon was unheard of. As for the ripping of Family Guy I dont know whats behind that. They did rip it pretty hard. The random manitees making up the Family Guy episodes was classic though. I wonder if Family Guy will take a shot back at them. A back and forth between the two could make for some interesting ratings on both networks.

Flintstones were on during primetime in the 60s.

And I agree, a cartoon war between different shows would be sweet.

Cowabunga muthaf#ck*r!

http://volokh.com/archives/archive_2006_04_09-2006_04_15.shtml#1144984968

Comedy Central Censored out of Fear, not Tolerance.–

South Park Executive Producer Reveals That Comedy Central Censored the Showing of Mohammed out of Fear, not ?Religious Tolerance.?

Thursday, April 13, 2006.

On Wednesday night, the cable network Comedy Central showed a censored episode of the animated cartoon, South Park, refusing to allow a brief depiction of the prophet Mohammed ( The Volokh Conspiracy - - ). The battles between the network and the producers and creators of South Park over the inclusion of Mohammed raged until late Tuesday night, less than 24 hours before the show aired Wednesday at 10pm ET.

Interview With Producer Reveals Reason for Censorship was “Fear”

In an interview Thursday evening, South Park Executive Producer Anne Garefino revealed to me that the show was faced with two options: deliver the episode as written and animated with Mohammed shown and then allow Comedy Central to censor it, or edit out the disputed scene and write their own language explaining why Mohammed was not being shown and whose decision it was. ?We wanted everyone to understand how strongly we felt about this,? said Garefino. Although the decision to omit Mohammed was not theirs, they wanted the language of the censorship disclosure to be their own.

Along with South Park creators Matt Stone and Trey Parker (who are also Executive Producers of the show), Garefino was heavily involved in the negotiations with Comedy Central. She made clear that the reason for Comedy Central?s decision was ?fear?: ?We were happy that they didn?t try to claim that it was because of religious tolerance.? She thought that South Park?s arguments and influence might have had something to do with the candor of Comedy Central executives on this point.

On Thursday, to justify its decision not to broadcast a depiction of Mohammed, Comedy Central released a brief public statement that hinted at violence, but gave no explicit reason for its action:

"In light of recent world events, we feel we made the right decision." 

When asked whether Comedy Central was responding to any specific threats of violence if it showed Mohammed, Garefino replied, ?Not that I know of.?

Censoring a Cartoon

The censored episode was Part II of a story begun the week earlier called “Cartoon Wars.” In a complicated ?play within a play? scenario, the town of South Park, Colorado, becomes frightened because the Fox Network is supposedly going to show Mohammed in its Family Guy cartoon. To reduce the threat of terrorist violence, the people of South Park decide to truck in sand and bury their heads in it. Two of the boys of South Park, Kyle and Cartman, go to Los Angeles?Cartman to persuade the President of Fox to censor Family Guy and Kyle to stop him.

In their trailer for Part II (shown last week along with Part I), South Park creators Matt Stone and Trey Parker warned that they might be censored by Comedy Central:

"As an entire nation buries its head in sand: 'The idea has swept the nation, but where we will find enough sand for everyone?' . . . Will television executives fight for free speech or will Comedy Central puss out?" 

In Part II shown on Wednesday, Kyle and Cartman rehearse at least some of the arguments that the principals for both sides actually used in their censorship battle.

Kyle lectures the head of FOX about the importance of free speech:

"You can't do what he wants just because he's the one threatening you with violence. . . .

Yes, people can get hurt. That's how terrorism works. But if you give in to that, Doug, you're allowing terrorism to work. . . .

Do the right thing, Mr. President. . . .

If you don't show Mohammed, then you've made a distinction between what is OK to make fun of and what isn't. Either it's all OK or none of it is. Do the right thing." 

In the episode, the President of Fox allows the depiction of Mohammed.

But instead of showing Mohammed in the South Park episode, two sets of titles appeared on a black screen. The first read:

"In this shot, Mohammed hands a football helmet to Family Guy." 

The second read:

"Comedy Central has refused to broadcast an image of Mohammed on their network." 

The uncensored depiction of Mohammed is described in the episode by an animated President Bush as not being in itself derogatory: ?Hey, that wasn’t bad at all. They just showed Mohammed standing there, looking normal."

In the episode, Al Qaeda then retaliates by broadcasting its own cartoon showing Americans, President Bush, and Jesus defecating on each other and the American flag.

Defenders of Comedy Central argue that it regularly allows South Park and other shows to ?push the envelope,? with far more lax controls than almost any other cable network.

On the other hand, critics of the network have pointed out that showing ?Mohammed standing there, looking normal? is not allowed, while showing Jesus defecating on President Bush and the American flag is permitted.

Garefino also confirmed that a short video circulating on the internet, which purports to be the excised South Park scene with Mohammed, is a forgery, though she revealed that a scene with Mohammed was animated and does exist. Garefino reported that she still hopes that the original, uncensored episode of South Park will be shown in the near future.

Although other sources with knowledge of Comedy Central?s side of the dispute were interviewed for this story, any comments made were off the record.