South Park - End of an Era?

[quote]SkyzykS wrote:

[quote]therajraj wrote:
The show peaked several years ago. It wouldn’t be the worst thing if it ended.[/quote]

I agree. I liked it originally for the ridiculous humor, but since they have been using it directly as a platform for social commentary it has not been nearly as funny or entertaining.

[/quote]

Family Guy also right there.

Family Guy is just not funny anymore, period^

[quote]DixiesFinest wrote:
Family Guy is just not funny anymore, period[1]

True. This last episode especially was unfunny, stupid and disgusting all at once.

Seth McFarlane has two other shows to make money from, I really don’t get why he keeps FG running.

1. /quote ↩︎

I used to think this show was hilarious. Then I didn’t. I realized I had outgrown poop humor. SP hasn’t been funny in years.

If it started up again in like 20 years with new social mores, celebrities and general beliefs to spoof, it could probably be as funny as it was originally.

It’s played out, nothing left but dumb humor and retarded poop jokes. Poop is only funny when it makes a real spoof, like the X-mas poo. Genuine hilarity.

This show has run it’s course.

There was a South Park after season 10?

[/quote]

I said it before, and still stand by it.

I’ll continue watching, no matter where the series goes from here. While there is nothing that will ever compare to the “mid-seasons” IMO, (probably seasons 4-9,) there are still occasional gems along the way.

Shit, the show has been a big part of my life for almost 75% of my life… lol! That’s just crazy.

[quote]HoustonGuy wrote:
I used to think this show was hilarious. Then I didn’t. I realized I had outgrown poop humor.[/quote]

You never outgrow poop humor. It must be something else.

[quote]roybot wrote:

[quote]HoustonGuy wrote:
I used to think this show was hilarious. Then I didn’t. I realized I had outgrown poop humor.[/quote]

You never outgrow poop humor. It must be something else.[/quote]
Yeah you are right. The writing sucks now. Played out, empty and nowhere left to go.

The Simpsons may be on the way out as well:

< Futurama fan here.

[quote]roybot wrote:
The Simpsons may be on the way out as well:

< Futurama fan here.[/quote]

I heard that, on national news! In the morning slot. The Simpsons leaving would be sad news for sure. Talk about cross generational and they’ve been with me from childhood through my twenties. I hope they at least make it to my 30th.

Who cares if the Simpsons are gone. I own box sets 1-11 and that is all I need.

The newest season of Futurama sucked too, what a let down.

Did you guys see the episode last night?

If not I don’t want to spoil anything, but it was interesting.

[quote]BradTGIF wrote:

If not I don’t want to spoil anything, but it was interesting.[/quote]

It seems to me that Matt and Trey are just tired of making the show, and are just doing it cause they are contractually bound to do it.

[quote]BradTGIF wrote:

It seems to me that Matt and Trey are just tired of making the show, and are just doing it cause they are contractually bound to do it. [/quote]

Seems that way.

I’m interested to see the “6 days till air” doc on Sunday to see what these guys really go through to get an episode out.

[quote]BradTGIF wrote:

It seems to me that Matt and Trey are just tired of making the show, and are just doing it cause they are contractually bound to do it. [/quote]

Nope, they recently decided to re-up their contact, as it was supposed to end this December. They say they’re still fully and 100% committed to the show. They were apparently getting extremely bogged down from running The Book of Mormon last year. If you’ve ever listened to any commentaries it’s something that happens to them frequently when working on side projects - the movie, Team America, this, etc.

They also usually don’t have most of their shows ready until the day before or the day of its release, so they’re usually under a lot of stress that way, and mentioned that a lot of times their exasperation comes through their storylines… a la last seasons’ finale.

I personally wouldn’t have had the show last night any other way. I definitely legit lol’ed at “Breaking news form CNN… Fox News… whatever Fuck you!”

[quote]strungoutboy21 wrote:
Who cares if the Simpsons are gone. I own box sets 1-11 and that is all I need.

The newest season of Futurama sucked too, what a let down.[/quote]
Fuck you.

[quote]BradTGIF wrote:

That was just plain awful, like a wounded animal I just wanted to put down for the common good of everyone involved. They have been hit and miss, but I can honestly say that was one of those ‘lost 30 minutes of my life’ moments. If you’re done making us laugh, then wrap it up FFS.

[quote]biglifter wrote:

[quote]BradTGIF wrote:

That was just plain awful, like a wounded animal I just wanted to put down for the common good of everyone involved. They have been hit and miss, but I can honestly say that was one of those ‘lost 30 minutes of my life’ moments. If you’re done making us laugh, then wrap it up FFS.[/quote]

Kind of like Family Guy on Sunday when Meg blows up and Brian trips balls… Not all that fun.

[quote]SSC wrote:

[quote]BradTGIF wrote:

Nope, they recently decided to re-up their contact, as it was supposed to end this December. They say they’re still fully and 100% committed to the show. They were apparently getting extremely bogged down from running The Book of Mormon last year. If you’ve ever listened to any commentaries it’s something that happens to them frequently when working on side projects - the movie, Team America, this, etc.

They also usually don’t have most of their shows ready until the day before or the day of its release, so they’re usually under a lot of stress that way, and mentioned that a lot of times their exasperation comes through their storylines… a la last seasons’ finale.

I personally wouldn’t have had the show last night any other way. I definitely legit lol’ed at “Breaking news form CNN… Fox News… whatever Fuck you!”[/quote]

Hmm fair enough.

Ive heard those commentaries before, seemed to me the episodes during World America were still much better than the current busy ones.

[quote]BradTGIF wrote:

[quote]biglifter wrote:

[quote]BradTGIF wrote:

That was just plain awful, like a wounded animal I just wanted to put down for the common good of everyone involved. They have been hit and miss, but I can honestly say that was one of those ‘lost 30 minutes of my life’ moments. If you’re done making us laugh, then wrap it up FFS.[/quote]

Kind of like Family Guy on Sunday when Meg blows up and Brian trips balls… Not all that fun.[/quote]

x2