South Korea - Check This Out...

http://www.angelfire.com/journal2/uglykorea/

And I thought they liked us

I’m curious how much of this protesting would continue if Ole’ Kim decided to roll on across the DMZ.

February/Early March is a good time to visit though, if you want to see some really good riotin’. It’s also a good time to visit 'cause the manure/fesces strewn fields are just starting to thaw out and smell terrific.

Everyone I’ve ever known who got in trouble in the Army ended up spending some quality time in S. Korea. This includes a couple of the drill seargents from Aberdeen Proving Grounds who were banging their recruits.

You get sent to Korea to die, not to put up a fight. We keep just enough people there to really piss off our public if N. Korea ever rolled across the border.

[quote]semper_fi wrote:
http://www.angelfire.com/journal2/uglykorea/

And I thought they liked us[/quote]

This bullshit has been happening for a long time.

This is much more isolated than the media would have you believe. By and large the Korean people are OK with the Americans here

(although anytime you get a group of people together you have some good people and some bad people).

The American GI’s get in trouble once in a while, sure, and spark some of this sentiment. But the Korean mindset is to align themselves with the most dominant force they can find. Some apparently mistakenly believe that there is a bigger, better force somewhere than the United States military (good luck finding that one…)

Huh Se-ok set himself on fire to protest the trade deal between Korea and the US. He died.

http://www.news.newamericamedia.org/news/view_article.html?article_id=a70b2367511350d93e2c0720e80873a5

Resistance is fierce and they’ve been at it for months now.

[quote]lixy wrote:
Huh Se-ok set himself on fire to protest the trade deal between Korea and the US. He died.

http://www.news.newamericamedia.org/news/view_article.html?article_id=a70b2367511350d93e2c0720e80873a5

Resistance is fierce and they’ve been at it for months now.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/11/22/AR2006112201682.html[/quote]

Do you ever shut the fuck up with your anti-AMERICAN posts? All you due is try to point out how the whole world hates the good ole’ USA. Who is the first country they all come crawling to though? Gulf War I?

Saudis on their hands and knees begging for our help against Sadam. Haiti? Soamlia? Bosnia? Kosovo? Please, just shut the fuck up, I know you’re some muslim transplant in Sweden but what the fuck has Sweden or whatever bug eating country you came from done to help anyone?

I know a few people from South Korea, they tell me MOST like America but there are a few who don’t.

[quote]snipeout wrote:
Do you ever shut the fuck up with your anti-AMERICAN posts? All you due is try to point out how the whole world hates the good ole’ USA. Who is the first country they all come crawling to though? Gulf War I? [/quote]

Don’t be a dick!

Americans have demonstrated alongside the Koreans in Seoul to protest of the agreement. Does that make them anti-American? No, stupid. It’s just popular resistance to an agenda that’s pro-corporations. Marches have been held in Seattle for the exact same reasons by Americans workers protesting the deal.

I worded the self-immolation tragedy in the most neutral way possible, but you still find a way to make it about your sacrosanct US of A and display your outrage in a most uncivil manner.

You are the perfect example of the oxymoron that is “military intelligence”. Get your brainwashed xenophobic ass back into the shooting-people-without-asking-questions game and let the grown-ups do the talking.

[quote]lixy wrote:
snipeout wrote:
Do you ever shut the fuck up with your anti-AMERICAN posts? All you due is try to point out how the whole world hates the good ole’ USA. Who is the first country they all come crawling to though? Gulf War I?

Don’t be a dick!

Americans have demonstrated alongside the Koreans in Seoul to protest of the agreement. Does that make them anti-American? No, stupid. It’s just popular resistance to an agenda that’s pro-corporations. Marches have been held in Seattle for the exact same reasons by Americans workers protesting the deal.

I worded the self-immolation tragedy in the most neutral way possible, but you still find a way to make it about your sacrosanct US of A and display your outrage in a most uncivil manner.

You are the perfect example of the oxymoron that is “military intelligence”. Get your brainwashed xenophobic ass back into the shooting-people-without-asking-questions game and let the grown-ups do the talking. [/quote]

Yessss, that’s right the grown up liberal(see apologists) elitists do the talking in relation to mineand every other soldiers, marines, seamans and airmans experience. You and the Harry Reid cowards of the world speak though nothing but other peoples first hand experiences.

[quote]snipeout wrote:
lixy wrote:
snipeout wrote:

Don’t be a dick!

You are the perfect example of the oxymoron that is “military intelligence”. Get your brainwashed xenophobic ass back into the shooting-people-without-asking-questions game and let the grown-ups do the talking.

Yessss, that’s right the grown up liberal(see apologists) elitists do the talking in relation to mineand every other soldiers, marines, seamans and airmans experience. You and the Harry Reid cowards of the world speak though nothing but other peoples first hand experiences.[/quote]

Would you mind actually examining his arguement?

Why is protesting a US action anti-American? They have a reason. It’s not a blind hatred. If the trade deal didn’t exist, they’d shut up about it.

You sound like an angry, “conservative” child.

Attack the argument or don’t bother typing.

Free speech is one of the things that make the “Good 'ole US of A” great. The US soldiers (and many coalition forces and police officers as well) in Korea and around the world faithfully PROTECT THE RIGHTS of those who speak out against the soldiers’ presence, their actions, and their government.

I certainly do not want anyone to light themself on fire or harm themself in any way to make their point, but I am glad to see people peacefully communicate their concerns about their government or it’s actions. I may disagree with them passionately, but freedom means they get to make their point the same as I can make mine.

(This goes for T-Nation, also.)

Let Freedom Ring…