South Carolina Police Officer shoots unarmed man in the back as he flees.

[quote]H factor wrote:
The only one bringing up race is you. In fact I specifically said “let’s not make this a race thread.” I don’t know who you’re attempting to “argue against” in this thread but it isn’t anyone that has posted yet. Nor why you want to talk about another situation from this one.

I don’t know what go after the innocent means, but you can be guilty of a crime and still deserve to have your day in court and be found guilty by a jury of your peers. In fact that is one of our most precious rights.

My original point was probably nothing happens to this cop if this doesn’t get caught on video. Not one thing to do with race. [/quote]

I was not arguing with anyone, only attempting to refute your insinuation that i was excusing the cops actions because i wanted to know more about the situation.

[quote]Aggv wrote:

[quote]H factor wrote:
The only one bringing up race is you. In fact I specifically said “let’s not make this a race thread.” I don’t know who you’re attempting to “argue against” in this thread but it isn’t anyone that has posted yet. Nor why you want to talk about another situation from this one.

I don’t know what go after the innocent means, but you can be guilty of a crime and still deserve to have your day in court and be found guilty by a jury of your peers. In fact that is one of our most precious rights.

My original point was probably nothing happens to this cop if this doesn’t get caught on video. Not one thing to do with race. [/quote]

I was not arguing with anyone, only attempting to refute your insinuation that i was excusing the cops actions because i wanted to know more about the situation.

[/quote]

It’s just a weird way of going about things. You want to know more, but won’t watch the video. You haven’t watched the video yet you can make the point that you don’t think the cop shot the dude for fun?

[quote]H factor wrote:

[quote]Aggv wrote:

[quote]H factor wrote:

[/quote]

It’s just a weird way of going about things. You want to know more, but won’t watch the video. You haven’t watched the video yet you can make the point that you don’t think the cop shot the dude for fun? [/quote]

I dont like watching people be killed, especially when it’s been described as being pretty ruthless.

I just find it hard to believe this guy was driving around and said “oh look, a naggar, boogity boogity BOY, drop your drawers and lift your sac”
or
Did he get a call to check something out?
Was the guy doing something other than being black?

Anytime someone is murdered, the first thing you look for is a motive…

If it turns out this guy was just a fucked up homicidal maniac, then how did he get hired to be cop in the first place?

Can anyone argue against the fact that if the guy did not run, he would probably still be alive? You attempted to compare running from a house party as a high school kid to being confronted by a cop as an adult which is hilariously stupid. When you run/resist it only serves to piss them off and insure you get an even worse beating when you’re finally caught.

Aggv, it was cold blooded murder based on the information currently available. I get what you’re saying and this cop should still be granted Due Process, but he’s going to jail for life at the minimum. Dude was 5+ feet away before the cop drew his side arm and 10+ feet away before he shot him in the back. The video is extremely disturbing and if this officer doesn’t go to jail I might actually join the protest on this one.

In short, unless the now deceased just got finished murdering and/or raping someone there was no excuse to kill him. Even then there are a lot of people who still think he shouldn’t have been executed by the cop and that is what it was, an execution.

[quote]Aggv wrote:
Anytime someone is murdered, the first thing you look for is a motive… [/quote]

The video shows an unarmed man being killed. Even if he had just broken the law he should not have been gunned down.

[quote]
If it turns out this guy was just a fucked up homicidal maniac, then how did he get hired to be cop in the first place? [/quote]

Signs are missed all the time.

[quote]
Can anyone argue against the fact that if the guy did not run, he would probably still be alive? [/quote]

No, because we don’t know that. A poor decision to run shouldn’t equal the death penalty though.

[quote]
When you run/resist it only serves to piss them off and insure you get an even worse beating when you’re finally caught. [/quote]

Is this supposed to excuse the use of excessive force? I’m not following the comment.

This is even worse than the choking death video, imo. Shit is fucked up.

"Is this supposed to excuse the use of excessive force? I’m not following the comment. "

It’s not excusing the cop of anything, only stating the fact running/resisting ends poorly every single time.

[quote]Aggv wrote:

I dont like watching people be killed, especially when it’s been described as being pretty ruthless.

[/quote]

Yeah, I’ll be honest, you don’t need to watch it to get the gist.

Black dude looks to drop something at LEO’s feet, turns and runs. He can’t run for shit, and my grandfather with pulmonary fibrosis could have caught him. Cop draws and proceeds to put X number of rounds center mass.

Cop either misses the first couple or the dude’s middle & back brain were in total control, because he doesn’t fall until the later half of the rounds hit.

I’m assuming the LEO is using 9mm from a polymer framed, full sized, striker fired pistol. G17 or Shield for example.

[quote]countingbeans wrote:

[quote]Aggv wrote:

[/quote]

Black dude looks to drop something at LEO’s feet, turns and runs. He can’t run for shit, and my grandfather with pulmonary fibrosis could have caught him. Cop draws and proceeds to put X number of rounds center mass.

Cop either misses the first couple or the dude’s middle & back brain were in total control, because he doesn’t fall until the later half of the rounds hit.

I’m assuming the LEO is using 9mm from a polymer framed, full sized, striker fired pistol. G17 or Shield for example. [/quote]

I believe it was a .45, but his service caliber is rather irrelevant.

[quote]Aggv wrote:
"Is this supposed to excuse the use of excessive force? I’m not following the comment. "

It’s not excusing the cop of anything, only stating the fact running/resisting ends poorly every single time.[/quote]

I get what you are saying. I just read a book on the Manson murders and the guy (who was the prosecutor) points out there is always a motive. You may have to be insane or evil for it to make sense, but there is always a reason.

[quote]twojarslave wrote:

[quote]countingbeans wrote:

[quote]Aggv wrote:

[/quote]

I’m assuming the LEO is using 9mm from a polymer framed, full sized, striker fired pistol. G17 or Shield for example. [/quote]

I believe it was a .45, but his service caliber is rather irrelevant.
[/quote]

Well based on the interwebs he shouldn’t have been able to keep running after the first round then… Tha 45’s is tha manz round

(I was trying to bring levity to a rather shit-tastic conversation.)

[quote]Aggv wrote:
There is no excuse for shooting someone in the back. The cop deserves to be put on trial, and convicted.

However

Why was he running?
Did he think he would get away, or have an outcome favorable to him?

Why did a cop enter his life in the first place?
-Everyone is so fast to blame the racist police for executing poor innocent black kids, but i refuse to believe this cop randomly picked out someone to kill for fun. [/quote]

It was apparently a traffic stop due to a busted tail-light.

Remember the good ol days when cops used to just beat un armed black guys half to death … Ahhh LAPD & 90s we miss you

[quote]thehebrewhero wrote:
Remember the good ol days when cops used to just beat un armed black guys half to death … Ahhh LAPD & 90s we miss you[/quote]

Ha! Seriously, THANKS Obama! Is there any argument for the cop? Even with the choke video you could argue it was a restraint or pain compliance technique, but shooting a guy in the back while he is running away, how can you defend that?

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:

[quote]Aggv wrote:
Anytime someone is murdered, the first thing you look for is a motive… [/quote]

The video shows an unarmed man being killed. Even if he had just broken the law he should not have been gunned down.

[quote]
If it turns out this guy was just a fucked up homicidal maniac, then how did he get hired to be cop in the first place? [/quote]

Signs are missed all the time.

[quote]
Can anyone argue against the fact that if the guy did not run, he would probably still be alive? [/quote]

No, because we don’t know that. A poor decision to run shouldn’t equal the death penalty though.

All that’s required for a cop to legally shoot you in the back when you’re running is that you have committed a felony. So if he tried to assault the police officer(not saying this is what happened because there’s no evidence of this as far as i can tell) it doesn’t matter if he was running away. The officer would be within his rights to shoot to kill.

Edit: I should clarify that it has to be a VIOLENT felony in most places, so felony drug possession wouldn’t apply. I’m also not saying this is morally right, only that’s it’s legal in most places. For example, even if Mike Brown had been shot while running away, sufficient evidence of the assault in the car would have still been enough to exonerate him.

in this case, I can’t fathom anything this guy could have done to constitute a violent felony, which is why the whole fabricated taser justification came up.

[quote]Aggv wrote:

I just find it hard to believe this guy was driving around and said “oh look, a naggar, boogity boogity BOY, drop your drawers and lift your sac”
or
Did he get a call to check something out?
Was the guy doing something other than being black?[/quote]

Well you certainly have some type of pent up rage against people who aren’t in the thread. And your use of language is pretty telling.

How is it hilariously stupid? What is the difference between running from the cops when 18 or 28? Lol at it being ok to murder someone because they ran. If he didn’t run he probably would be alive. Bummer he ran huh? Just sucks to have that kind of break?

Jesus christ, this is really the type of argument you’re trying to make?

That poor cop, just doing his job.

[quote]TooHuman wrote:
All that’s required for a cop to legally shoot you in the back when you’re running is that you have committed a felony.
[/quote]

Well, I think that’s horse shit.

If a guy breaks in my house, rapes my wife, and runs away I am not allowed to shoot him in the back. I would go to jail for murder, but a cop can use lethal force when a felony has allegedly occurred. How the fuck is that fair?

Last I checked the police don’t get to be judge, jury, and executioner.