South Carolina Police Officer shoots unarmed man in the back as he flees.

Surprised no one has mentioned this yet. Not looking to start a race thread by any means, but what the fuck is wrong with cops? How unlikely is it ANYTHING would have happened without this video?

Doesn’t even attempt to chase him down just stands still and commits murder.

Unreal. He even attempts to deliberately alter the scene like he knows he fucked up but can make it look like he didn’t. After all who can take the word of a dead guy?

This cop is obviously a fucking idiot and soon-to-be convicted murderer. He deserves whatever he gets.

Unfortunately, people will look at this video and assume that this is what happens EVERY time a kid gets shot by the police. I don’t see why all police departments don’t just bite the bullet and require body cameras. They could probably even be rigged to go on automatically once the officer exits the car, helping to eliminate the chances of the thing not being on the one time a cop shoots a black kid.

For every video of this type, there’s one that shows some punk fucker with a gun pointed at the cops or wielding a knife or whatever. The guy represents a deadly threat, such threat is met with commensurate force, the punk dies, the cop is berated for being a racist, rinse and repeat.

This video doesn’t really do anything to advance any sort of dialogue on the issue whatsoever. It’s irrelevant, quite frankly. Those who are convinced that white cops are inherently racist didn’t need to see this video to strengthen their convictions, and those who are NOT convinced that white cops are inherently racist didn’t need to see this video to weaken any such convictions.

If his cop buddies were of any merit, they’d shun the guy even if he was acquitted on all charges. What man shoots anyone in the back? Whatever happened to that sentiment?

[quote]H factor wrote:
Not looking to start a race thread by any means, but what the fuck is wrong with cops? [/quote]
That’s good, because it obviously has nothing to do with race(see: the first officer to arrive after the shooting was black and didn’t get shot). To answer your question: Police officers are trained to overreact and are often rewarded for being psychos(arresting many folks for victimless actions, writing boatloads of traffic citations, etc.).

Yeah, not watching that one. I didn’t sleep well after the video of the guy that was choked to death. Not hearing much about this probably because everyone thinks the same thing about it as far as I’ve heard. He’s guilty and needs to be in jail until he dies naturally or by the chair.

[quote]NickViar wrote:

[quote]H factor wrote:
Not looking to start a race thread by any means, but what the fuck is wrong with cops? [/quote]
That’s good, because it obviously has nothing to do with race(see: the first officer to arrive after the shooting was black and didn’t get shot). To answer your question: Police officers are trained to overreact and are often rewarded for being psychos(arresting many folks for victimless actions, writing boatloads of traffic citations, etc.). [/quote]

I know it has nothing to do with race just wanted to throw that out there to hopefully stop any race wars before they did.

Remember though these are the people we can “trust” with weapons. Not you or I.

[quote]DoubleDuce wrote:
Yeah, not watching that one. I didn’t sleep well after the video of the guy that was choked to death. Not hearing much about this probably because everyone thinks the same thing about it as far as I’ve heard. He’s guilty and needs to be in jail until he dies naturally or by the chair.[/quote]

It’s extremely disturbing.

I think the far more disturbing thing is how calm he is through the whole ordeal and his obvious attempt to manipulate the scene. How many cops have done something similar to this and reported that their life was in danger and walked? Obviously impossible to know, but the only reason this guy lost his job is he got caught.

Also: There are just TOO MANY people hired to fill a position that carries so much power.

[quote]H factor wrote:

[quote]DoubleDuce wrote:
Yeah, not watching that one. I didn’t sleep well after the video of the guy that was choked to death. Not hearing much about this probably because everyone thinks the same thing about it as far as I’ve heard. He’s guilty and needs to be in jail until he dies naturally or by the chair.[/quote]

It’s extremely disturbing.

I think the far more disturbing thing is how calm he is through the whole ordeal and his obvious attempt to manipulate the scene. How many cops have done something similar to this and reported that their life was in danger and walked? Obviously impossible to know, but the only reason this guy lost his job is he got caught. [/quote]

I think DD is right. People aren’t freaking out because this scumbag is getting charged, as he should.

I wish I hadn’t watched that video. I only made it 18 seconds.

Cooper’s post is also a good one too.

[quote]H factor wrote:

[quote]NickViar wrote:

[quote]H factor wrote:
That’s good, because it obviously has nothing to do with race(see: the first officer to arrive after the shooting was black and didn’t get shot). To answer your question: Police officers are trained to overreact and are often rewarded for being psychos(arresting many folks for victimless actions, writing boatloads of traffic citations, etc.). [/quote]

I know it has nothing to do with race just wanted to throw that out there to hopefully stop any race wars before they did.

Remember though these are the people we can “trust” with weapons. Not you or I. [/quote]

Yeah, if there was ever an argument for less gun control…

Fuck this guy, and I hope he rots. Or until the inmates get him, which I don’t give him good odds on.

[quote]DBCooper wrote:
If his cop buddies were of any merit, they’d shun the guy even if he was acquitted on all charges. What man shoots anyone in the back? Whatever happened to that sentiment?[/quote]

Agreed. And good first post as well.

I don’t think anyone sees anything to debate, hence probably why it hadn’t been mentioned. Pretty clear cut case of murder.

There is no excuse for shooting someone in the back. The cop deserves to be put on trial, and convicted.

However

Why was he running?
Did he think he would get away, or have an outcome favorable to him?

Why did a cop enter his life in the first place?
-Everyone is so fast to blame the racist police for executing poor innocent black kids, but i refuse to believe this cop randomly picked out someone to kill for fun.

[quote]Aggv wrote:
There is no excuse for shooting someone in the back. The cop deserves to be put on trial, and convicted.

However

Why was he running?

-Everyone is so fast to blame the racist police for executing poor innocent black kids, but i refuse to believe this cop randomly picked out someone to kill for fun.[/quote]

Who knows why he was running? Maybe he didn’t want to get tased?

Who knows why a cop entered his life in the first place?

Those questions are fine and dandy, but take away from the far BIGGER question.

Why did a cop fire his weapon 8 times in the back at a man who was fleeing from him? Why did the cop attempt to manipulate the crime scene? Why did the cop not even try to track him down? Call for backup?

It seems like you’re trying to be one of those “must have been doing something wrong type of guys.” Which really detracts from the fact that this man was murdered by someone who is being paid by taxpayer dollars to serve.

Did the cop pick him out to kill for fun? Unlikely. Who knows? What are you basing that on anyways? Do you know the cop? Do you know anything about him? Did the cop have fun while he clearly murdered the man? I don’t know.

When I was in high school I didn’t drink. I played three sports and it was against team rules. I went to a lot of parties though and sometimes the cops showed up. At some of these teenagers fled as the cops arrived.

Why did they run? Why did a cop enter their life?

[quote]Aggv wrote:

However

Why was he running?

-Everyone is so fast to blame the racist police for executing poor innocent black kids, but i refuse to believe this cop randomly picked out someone to kill for fun. [/quote]

Guy had no violent offenses, only priors were contempt of court for not paying child support. Had a warrant out for that. I don’t know there’s much else to say man, looks a lot like the cop just randomly decided to shoot him.

People do stupid things when police are involved, so no doubt running was a bad idea and foolish. But not even trying to chase him is also a dumbfuck move.

[quote]Aggv wrote:

However

Why was he running?

-Everyone is so fast to blame the racist police for executing poor innocent black kids, but i refuse to believe this cop randomly picked out someone to kill for fun. [/quote]

Like I said, this shooting was obviously not racially motivated; however, I’m sure there will be an attempt(which may be successful) to frame it that way. Racism sells and favors the State.

War of Northern Aggression: A war (begun by a white supremacist) to free the black folks being held in bondage(because of their blackness) in the states leaving the United States for racist reasons, and definitely a war to prevent taxpayers from leaving.

This shooting: Obviously racially motivated, and definitely not at all related to the persecution of those involved in victimless “crime” and school curriculums not teaching kids their legal rights and how to deal with the authorities.

[quote]H factor wrote:

It seems like you’re trying to be one of those “must have been doing something wrong type of guys.” Which really detracts from the fact that this man was murdered by someone who is being paid by taxpayer dollars to serve.

[/quote]

I’m really more of a “likes to know the details and context of a situation before passing judgement” type of guy.

Sorry if i dont buy in to the “omfg all cops are evil white racist murders who go after the innocent” narrative. I dont want to see someone be killed, so im not watching the video, but it does sound like cold blooded murder and he should probably rot in prison or be on death row. Excuse me for wanting to know more about the situation.

" â??hands up, donâ??t shootâ?? became the mantra of a movement. But it was wrong, built on a lie."

[quote]Aggv wrote:

[quote]H factor wrote:

[/quote]

I’m really more of a “likes to know the details and context of a situation before passing judgement” type of guy.

Sorry if i dont buy in to the “omfg all cops are evil white racist murders who go after the innocent” narrative. I dont want to see someone be killed, so im not watching the video, but it does sound like cold blooded murder and he should probably rot in prison or be on death row. Excuse me for wanting to know more about the situation.

" �??�??�??�?�¢??hands up, don�??�??�??�?�¢??t shoot�??�??�??�?�¢?? became the mantra of a movement. But it was wrong, built on a lie."[/quote]

The only one bringing up race is you. In fact I specifically said “let’s not make this a race thread.” I don’t know who you’re attempting to “argue against” in this thread but it isn’t anyone that has posted yet. Nor why you want to talk about another situation from this one.

I don’t know what go after the innocent means, but you can be guilty of a crime and still deserve to have your day in court and be found guilty by a jury of your peers. In fact that is one of our most precious rights.

My original point was probably nothing happens to this cop if this doesn’t get caught on video. Not one thing to do with race.

surreal video.

cop eerily calm throughout whole episode.

camera man also seemingly clearly in the open and very close by, would think the police would have noticed/shouted at him or something.

the way the cop put the cuffs on a clearly deceased person was horrible.