T Nation

Sources of Arachidonic Acid

I was reading threw the interview with Anthony Roberts(Chemically Insane) and I noticed about anthony saying he doesn’t eat read meat, and TC backing his claims up that as long as he gets in his arachidonic acid, meat may be a non-issue in respect with t-levels.

Here is the thing - I eat quite a bit of meat for my caloric intake, obviously because of the protein/arachidonic acid intake. The thing is - its quite expensive and takes a HUGE chunk out of my weekly grocery bill. I would LOVE to severely limit that expense if I could, and cutting down on meat would be hugely beneficial for my wallet. That said, what are some other good sources of arachidonic acid, hopefully less expensive ones? Thanks

MODOK quickly replied to this and said that PB is a natural source. The only problem he mentioned was that it’s omega-6, so you probably get a good deal of it already and shouldn’t worry about it.

[quote]itsthetimman wrote:
MODOK quickly replied to this and said that PB is a natural source. The only problem he mentioned was that it’s omega-6, so you probably get a good deal of it already and shouldn’t worry about it.[/quote]

Yes, AA is an omega-6, but it is only in appreciable quantities in animal products.

To be realistic, you need to eat a lot of meat products to get enough AA to notice any extra muscle building qualities. It is only in appreciable quantities in really unhealthy and disgusting parts of animals (i.e. hearts, pancreas, brain, kidney, liver, etc).

There’s not really anyways to supplement AA cheaply, whether it is through meat products or X-Factor (the only supplemental source of AA, which is patented).

PB doesnt have arachidonic acid, it has arachidic acid, a satured fatty acid.

arachidonic acid is mostly found in those “nasty” parts mentioned.
Pork Liver being one of the best sources.

Turkey flesh is not a bad source and according to the IUPAC lexican has about 5x as much per gram as does beef. Chicken flesh also has a good amount, but turkey still about 5x more.

no other sources i know of, other than flesh of animals.