Soup Recipes

Hi friends!

This weeks topic is soup. As most of you know, Im moving to the outback, so I wont be able to stop by at mums house to get my weekly dose of soup. So I am going to have to learn how to make soup. Im a fan of all soups, but remember Im on a edited version of the Paleo diet, and I like to make sure everything I eat has a purpose.

Anyway, post your super-soup recipes here.

tweet

Everything to taste/nutrition needs:

Cubed chicken breasts
Spicy Rotel tomatoes
Red Onion
Garlic Clove
Mushrooms
Yellow corn
Large avocado
Fresh Jalapeno
Cilantro
Monterrey Jack cheese or preferrably queso fresco if you can get it there
Brown rice

Ground cumin
Cayenne pepper powder
Black pepper

Mince the garlic
Slice the red onion
Strip corn from cob
Dice jalapeno, don’t toss core or seeds, cook them

Mix everything except mushrooms, avocado and cheese. Cook in a slow cooker until chicken is done. Throw mushrooms in at the end to let them soften. Serve with sliced avocado and grated cheese on top.

If you are picky about rice texture, cook separately but it won’t absorb as much flavor.

If you cook in bulk, keep in mind the spice level will build as it sits.

Birdseed and water.

lol

It’s a long time since I made this one, so I can’t remember all the ingredients. But it’s basically to boil sweet potatoes with olives, garlic and black pepper and then when the sweet potatoes are done you put all of it in a blender with some lemon juice and some olive oil and blend it into a nice soup. It seriously good stuff. I think I forgot 1 or 2 ingredients but try the above it’s good anyway. For meat I have just fried some ground beef and put on top but you could do a lot of stuff.

If you love soup, you can see more soups here!! you gonna love it!

I like to make minestrone with a jar of spaghetti sauce mixed in. Then all the veggies and pasta you want too.

Fuck paleo.

[quote]Nards wrote:
I like to make minestrone with a jar of spaghetti sauce mixed in. Then all the veggies and pasta you want too.

Fuck paleo.[/quote]

I thought you eat paleo yourself?

tweet

No. What gave you that idea?