SOUL_FIGHTER Training Log

Checked into my Airbnb, weighing in tomorrow am. I’m like 192 in the AM, still eating light in case my scale is off.

Planning on going 198 and tearing some ISH up. Gotta lift off for two of my teammates tomorow, so I’ll see how that goes with breakfast. They got backups in case

1 Like

LET’S GOOOOOOOOO GOOD LUCK HOMIE

Day 1 of the meet so far. My gym isn’t that big but they still comprised a third of Day 1 lifters - all women and men up to 165. Mad excited to go in tomorow.

1 Like

Meet went great, videos coming soon.

Went 9/9 on all my attempts, with a PR in Squat.
Attempts were:
Squat - 358ish/380/402
Bench - 242/260ish/270ish
Deadlift - 391.3/402/429

Hit a PR on my Squat, which was 7 lbs up from my grindy 395 from over the summer. All my Squats moved and felt like warmups.

I really think I had more in me, but I let my coaches pick my attempts to worry about one less think. I wish they would have gone more aggressive, but I’m glad this set me up to go 9/9 for the first time.

On a side note, I think some kid entered raw classic as an additional division and blew all the records away in sleeves… fuck. (500s/360ish/600s)

2 Likes

Putting alot of thought into what I’ll do in the off season. Decided to stay on a program from my coach, but will probably throw in 10x10 lat pulldowns and rear delt/lateral raise work at some point, as well as axle (power?)shrugs to work grip and traps

1 Like

Hell yeah baby! Congratulations on a perfect meet AND a PR!

Beautiful. Take advantage of the non-specificity while you can :wink:

Got some stuff tonight:

Close grip - as many sets of 10 as possible in 10 minutes (Going for 10x10 in this)
Flat DB Press - 3x10
DB Fly - 3x12
Tricep Extensions - 5x12

Then adding in (off program obv)
Lat Pulldown 10x10 (or 8x8)
Lateral Raise 4x15-20
Rear Delt Swing 4x35

Felt a little sick last night, so I postponed my workout till today. Not that it made any difference

Hit 7x10 on Close Grip Bench at 135, 135, and 5 sets of 155. Already felt like I grew a shirt size.
Flat DB Press with 35, 40, 50. Then DB Flys at 3x12 of 15. Its been forever since I did them and I didn’t really like them before, but they felt good other than feeling some pressure in my biceps on the descent.
Closed off with Tricep extensions then 10x10 lat pull downs and 4x35 Rear Delt Swings. Even 15s were hard on the swings.

Congrats on the PR squat man!

What powerlifting federation is this?

USPA 90kg

Got some work in yesterday:
High bar for as many sets in 10 minutes: 135x2, 185x2, 225, 185x2 for 7x8.
Good morning: 135 3x8
Split Squats: 3x12 at 30lbs. These killed me.
Planks: 5x10 seconds on, 5 seconds off.

And today:
Did alot of stuff with Axle just for fun/grip
Axle OHP - 95, 115, 115 3x8
Pendlay Row with Axle - 165, 185, 185
Incline DB Press - 35, 45, 45, 50 4x8
DB Row - 3x12 at 60
Reverse Grip Axle Curls - 5x12 at 35
Off program Lateral Raise at 35lbs 5x12

I feel like I kinda sandbag my accessory/bodybuilding stuff so I’ll try to track for progression/accountability

Light Sumo at 3x8 225 double overhand - no touching the floor
GHR which killed me. Pulled off a set without assistance from my hands. 3x8 total
RDLs, which I wanted to do snatch grip but coach vetoed. 2x12 at 185
Ab wheelout 3x10 which sucked too.

Did some off program light 10x10 then 4x20-25(mostly 20) Rear delt swings. Didnt wanna set up for shrugs, so maybe later in a few weeks/months,

Started the week with Close Grip bench 7x10 at 145x2, 155x2, 160x2, and 165. Followed by some flat db bench with 45, 45, 50 3x8. Then some flies at 15, 15, 20 3x10. Closed off with 5x12 triceps and then off program dead hangs which were harder than I imagined, and 4x15-20 rear delt swings. Went kinda light so I got 20 on all the sets except one which I did 18.

Yesterday was Light Sumo again, did 3x8 245. Not locking out that well either. Did some Good morning right after with chains - chains mostly to give me a visual cue that the bar is over mid foot. Then 185 2x12 RDL which felt way heavier than it should have. Closed off with ab roll outs that really killed me. Still sore from Monday, so I could go full range.

Noticing that in higher reps, I just get lazy and miscount so sets of 10 turn out to be 8 or 9 on video, and sets of 8 turn out to be 6 or 7. I started to have a “count spotter” for this. I’m going light enough to not need a spot, but it’s crucial that these guys count for me to take it off my plate when I train. Just one less thing to worry about.

Still on boring volume shit. Still haven’t come close to a 2 plate squat, 3 plate deadlift, or 2 plate bench. Kinda embarassing, but I know I’m getting good volume in with these 7 sets of 8 and 10

Tried to do a set today in the Elite FTS heavy Rev wraps. It was a bad quarter squat. Prolly need heavier weight for that when I taper - might ahve to save those for next meet. Prolly going to order some Inzer Iron Zs off Amazon or buy SBD Training Wraps off my friend.

Finally changed it up.

Today was Duffalo bar 3x5. Went kinda conservative with the weight but def coulda gone heavier - 195, 185, then 190. First set felt wobbly so I dialed back, but I shoulda stuck it through.
THen some Bent Over Row 2x8. Went 185 and prolly shoulda stayed there.
Pause Incline Dumbbell press - Got long pause sets later this week, so got some practice. Weight felt like at 45, 50, 50 (was programmed 45-55 but I was too lazy to re rack and grab heavier dumbbells)
Dumbbell Seal Row 3x8 at 60, 70, 70. Not wanting to set this up with a barbell
Changed up my go to bicep curl as 5x12 of rope curls with fat gripz. Did the last 4 sets with occlusion bands just for fun, but I dont think they make a difference.
Wrapped up with off program 4x25 band pull aparts with the red band

ALso unrelated:

I want to try these with the axle bar

Last week:
Hit sumos at 275, 285, 285. Coach has been making me stop and go from the floor, but this upcoming week I’ll be doing these off the ground
Had Tempo squat at 245/285 but was kinda faster than planned
RDLs at 225, but my chest kinda popping out and bracings not too good

Squats 4x6 felt easier than ever, so I went slightly off program and upped the weight some. Followed by some pause DLs at 335 and 335, then wrapped up with split squat and belt squat.

Long pause bench up next for 2x3 then touch and go for 3x7. Bench feeling efficient. Hit a dumbbell press PR for 75s at 3x8. Excited to move up to 80s next session

Yesterdays session was another Duffalo bench. BB row lowered to 3x5 which went well. Still trying to maintain spinal position. Did seal rows this time too, and doing them off an elevated flat bench makes it hard with dumbbells - gotta get a handoff these

Just having a look around. Seen you around the forum a bit

We pretty similar except you bench more. I’ll be looking to do my first meet in a non IPF fed in a few months but I guess you already did that yourself

Nice, I figured you were stronger tho haha.

Yeah, I’ve been all over with meets since I started. APA, USAPL, and most recent at USPA.

My whole gym does USPA (some of the monolift guys do APA) and my gym has like 5 refs. I might look into this myself.

1 Like

Havent been updating here, but over all same scheme.

Been taking it light on deadlift, but going aggressive on Bench/Squat days. Like when my program said 185-200, I did 205, or when it said 255-275, I did 285. Really wanna do some heavier weight.

I’ll be traveling next week, so commercial gymming it.

I just wanted non IPF fed because it seems more fun and lifter friendly.