SOUL_FIGHTER Training Log

Deadlift today felt good. 2x4 at 365 and 380. Mighta hitched on the last rep. Used straps for the sets but used hook grip on my warm up sets up to 315 to get used to it again. I found out not too long ago that I can’t use tape on my thumbs from multiple refs at the gym

Did pin squats which felt easier than ever 2x3 at 315 and 325 - latter being a PR on a weight that I had trouble with before on pin squat. Saw a coach in my area doing SSB Pin Squats with safety straps, and I’m thinking of doing that once the meet is over.

2 Likes

THAT’S WHAT I LIKE TO HEAR!!!

1 Like

Light bench day to close out my transition week. Finally one less day of Incline Bench and commercial gymming it

185 for 2x5 paused
195 2x4 on Incline
Closed off with rolling tricep extensions. Excited for squats this week!

2 Likes

First day back to heavy shit
Squats at
1x3 at 365
3x4 of 330 (was allowed 330-350 and just had to stay at the lower end today)

Then block pulls. It’s been forever since I did these and I worked up to 390ish on deficit. Did a strapless 405 for 1 then back offs at 375 2x3 with straps. Was allowed 400-420, but wanted to keep it conservative after squats.

Chiro appt tomorrow and then pin press/bench thursday

2 Likes

Visited a chiropractor today for an adjustment . Felt great. At first I felt kinda dumb picking a guy on the basis that he’s close to work, but it turns out that he’s been in business for 30+ years and teaches at a Chiropractor school.

Planned my next session the week/deload of my meet

2 Likes

Pin press for the first time, then light bench

Pin press was set to 255-265 4x1, so I started at 255, which felt light. Then got in two sets of 260, which felt good. Really bringing the weight down slow too. 265 was my cleanest.

Then Bench at 3x4 at 205, 215, 220. Hoping I can get my pause bench as high as my old PR.

Deadlifts felt good

390x3 with straps then 2x4 with 335 and 355.
Pin squats felt better than ever 1x2 at 355 for a Pin Squat PR and 325 for a 2x3 to close it off

Really liking these variations and I’ll probably try some SSB Pin Squats in the off season (with the safety straps instead). Been putting a lot of thot into what I want to do in the offseason and not sure how to structure it.

Def want to hit 10x10 on Barbell variations when I’m done. THinking
10x10 on SSB Squat, Close Grip Bench or Incline, Trap Bar Deadlift, and SIngle arm Dumbbell OHP. I have a two week trip planned around the Holidays, so I think I can spend the 3 weeks post meet doing hyper trophy work in 10x10, taking two weeks off, and then doing another 10x10 for 2-3 weeks to ease back into training.

Richard Hawthorne on an interview said he did a training progression of:
10x10
4x8
8x4
3x3
Or something like that (unsure of the middle), and then starts it back over. So I think it could be interesting to do that and pepper in some lower and higher reps for accessory/variations (to kinda blend in what I used to do with a DUP-ish thing.

1 Like

Rough couple of days last week. My mother has been suffering from ALS and passed away.

I’ve still been training to keep my mind off things and make me feel better, but weight that used to feel light now feels heavy. On 3s or 4s, the first 1-2 will feel FAST and then I miss the last rep.

Stuck at a 250x2 one bench, which I tried for 3
365x3 felt rough on Squat
and 405x2 on deadlift, which I tried for 3

2 Likes

I’m sorry for your loss man.

1 Like

Thanks

Damn dude… I’m really sorry you have to go through this. I’m praying for you and your family

1 Like

Thank Lava.

I tried openers which went well. Basically opening at all my max attempts from my last meet (which was like 1.5 years ago tho)

Doubles last week felt good too at 375 for an easy double on squat, 260 for an easy double on bench, and 415 for a double on deadlift (straps tho)

1 Like

I’m very sorry for your loss.

1 Like

Thank you. Doing all I can to move through it. It’s very difficult because I took care of my mother since she was diagnosed and I’m thankful that I was strong enough to help her to/from her chair.

3 Likes

Got my meet this weekend. Already kinda planning for my next one.

I needed 1131 to qualify for Drug Tested nationals at 198, but the high end of my attempts gets me at 1124, so I’m thinking of competing again before my membership expires. Considering doing Raw Classic this time around because 1152 gets me to Drug Tested nationals, and the Raw Classic Bench record in my state is easily breakable (it’s a little bit heavier than what I’m going to open with this weekend).

Stretch goal of 1300s so I can qualify for drug tested worlds, but don’t know how much I can add to my total in such a short time.

1 Like

Late to the party, but just wanted to say I’m sorry about your mom. My dad passed a couple years ago, doesn’t hurt any less but if it’s any consolation, you’ll never go a day without thinking of them. Your mom would want you to think of her the way she was before she got sick, so keep her in your mind that way.

In other news, your grind continues to impress me. Good luck in the meet, I’ll be following along. Get vids.

2 Likes

Definitely this.

Sounds like you’re in the zone of “so close, yet so far” with your total and your goals. That’s a good place to be, though. Having the prize dangled in front of your nose is going to light a fire under your ass. That being said, it seems that you already have one. Maybe it’ll just make the flames reach a little higher.

Good luck man, I’m rootin’ for you!

Thanks flappinit

I was looking at all these old pictures of my mom the past few years before she was hit with ALS and it was great to see her like that.

Oh hell yeah

I’m seeing this meet as my preparation for the next one, to kinda give me momentum into a good off-season that becomes the meet prep for May. They also say that squatting in wraps is like relearning the squat.

1 Like

As far as vids I’ll try to see what I can do. hoping to get some recorded by teammates. If those media teams are there like Lifting large or 9 for 9, I might get that.

1 Like