SOUL_FIGHTER Training Log

Bench felt good.
Some 3x5 bench Was supposed to do 210-220, but looked at the sheet wrong and did 200, 200, 205. Then 1x3 at 225, which felt good. Felt more appropriate that what was programmed.
1x4 Close Grip at 215, then 3x6 at 195. Felt weird, but lockout was there.
Made up the day befores RDL at 215 3x8, and closed off with tricep extensions.

Alcohol induced injury? 5 or 6 years ago I dove for a football in the water and scraped my head pretty good on the sand. It was partly alcohol induced.

Glad you’re back at it. Good trip otherwise?

1 Like

LOL not even. Just excited to be on a beach because the coast is freezing cold year round where I am.

Pretty good trip of hiking and snorkeling as well. Saw lots of stuff, and dropped a little bit of weight.

1 Like

Great DL and Pin squat today

Worked up to a 390x2 deficit DL for a new deficit DL PR
Backed off with 350 2x5 on regular ol DL
Then pin squats with 315 3x3
Closed off with banded cable row - 70+ blue band tension - 90 at the bottom, dunno how much at top.

2 Likes

You’re puttin in some serious work man. It’s all looking great

THanks. didnt update my last workout since it was so lackluster.

Was supposed to do 3x6 of Bench at 195-205. Because I went lighter than I was supposed to, I went all in for 205. Missed the last rep on sets 2 and 3.

Got really fed up with setting up incline in a power rack, so I gave up and just did dumbbell incline and coach said it was no go after. Might go to my other gym to get an incline session in.

Closed off with tricep extensions and felt good.

1 Like

Made up the incline bench today with 1x4 at 190, and 2x6 at 175. Ran into my teammate from my other gym and I was so glad so we spotted each other. He was doing a full bench workout, so I stuck around doing some PT stuff and some med ball throws and box jumps. Both felt pretty good.

Got tight in my trap again though, so might have to keep it light.

2 Likes

Got some cupping and scraping done, so my trap and neck feel brand new.

Questionable PR on Pause Squat - 375x2 but kinda bounced the 1st and was high on the 2nd, so I’ll probably try it agian next week
325 for a 3x5 felt lighter than ever and was able to get 3 reps in one breath on my last set. Just wanted to get it over with…
some RDLs at 3x8 and then closed off with 45 degree lat pulldown

1 Like

Went a little conservative on bench because I always have a rough 2nd bench session later in the week.

210 for a 3x5, then 235 for a triple. Didnt feel as rough as late last week.
Then did Close Grip for 225x4, with working sets at 200 3x6

1 Like

Have you done this before/done this often? My massage therapist did a little cupping on me one session, but was hard to tell its efficacy. I’m interested to try it out though.

Just started doing it. This was my 2nd session. I think it’s more of the combination along with theragun.

1 Like

Do you own one, or they use one at your therapist? I’ve been looking at the DIY version and trying to rig one up.

The therapist owns one, but there are other people at my gym that have DIY versions

1 Like

Oh snap, didnt realize I haven’t put my last session in.

Tried to do the deadlift session without straps as I head into heavier weight and it was BAD. I hit 425 at my deadlift party on hook grip, with my max being 435 after with straps. Not a huge difference.

I usually do all my working sets with straps and do my warmup with hook grip. I feel like I can get ANYTHING I can on straps with hook grip as long as its one rep (pretty sure I woulda gotten 435 if I didnt try 425 right before).

Planned 1x2 Deficit DL at 395… only got one rep up (which was fairly easy), but couldnt get a second one. Tried the set again with mixed grip and it wasn’t even worth trying because its so foreign to me. At least got my reps in for volume on deficit.

Tried 2x4 with mixed grip again, but this is what made me realize wasnt worth trying. Closed off my last set with straps easily.

Pin squats of 3x3 at 315,315, 320 felt easy.

Didnt do my horizontal row, and was going to do my bench/incline today, but woke up too late. Probably going to make that up tomorrow.

1 Like

Definitely a poverty bench day yesterday and seeing fatigue catching up.

195 for 3x6, missed the last rep of the last set
Then 195x4 on incline, and missed the last rep
Then 175 2x6 for incline, missed the last rep on set 1 and last 2 on set 2.

I also had a commercial gym spotter who just grabbed the bar off me everytime, but I shouldn’t be grinding at these weights anyway.

I also did this entire session in less than an hour, so that was easy.

1 Like

Time for a deload/reload maybe? I don’t know how far out you are from you comp. There is probably time to reset and get back on the right track

Yeah, just got my program update. Going to increase the weight but lower the volume. I like this idea because it gives me less training tonnage while still getting me prepared for heavier weights.

Squats today.
335 for 2x5, felt good. Kinda hard deeper into the set even though I used cheater Yellow Jacket sleeves. Crazy to imagine that this was my heaviest squat attempt in my first meet.
Then RDLs for 195x8, this time with Hook Grip. Watched a video with Clint Darden that really changed the game
Closed off with 45 degree lat pulldowns

1 Like

That’s crazy dude. Repping out your old max is one of the best feelings that lifting weights can give you :pray:t3:

1 Like

Hell yeah! I was watching an old video of me hitting 335. I used to yell during max attempts and it was so cringey.

Did some goal adjustments too because I don’t think I’ll hit everything I want.
Wanted 405 Squat, which I’ll get
Wanted 315 Bench, which I probably wont get in competition anytime soon, but I can probably get near 300 on a touch and go
Wanted 500 deadlift, but I think I’m far.

I think the goals for bench and deadlift can be hit by mid next year. Wanted to do a 225 OHP, which Im super far from now, but I’m sure I can do a big push press.

Still undecided about what I wanna do after this meet is over. Most likely I’ll just take time off for bodybuilding/hypertrophy work, maybe a minicut after that. Hopefully I can qualify for Nationals in June, and maybe do a strongman meet sometime after that.

2 Likes

Some light bench today.
2x5 of 210,215
Close grip 2x4 touch and go of 205, 215
THen closed off with tricep extensions.

Felt more fresh on these reps, but I really want to meet or exceed my touch and go PR of 285 by meet time.

2 Likes