SOUL_FIGHTER Training Log

Yeah! I use a combo rack for bench and squat, so I put it on the metal at the bottom, around where I would walk out or unrack to.

1 Like

Sorry, ha, I meant your bar speed, bout as clear as mud, sorry about that!

Oops! My bad!

I’m still trying to figure out what’s a good range for me.

A good rep for me is anywhere between .5-.25, .24 to .20 moves well, but I’ll prolly call it around there, anything under .2 looks like a grind. When I was doing speed work, I was shooting for .7, and would usually hit high .6

1 Like

That’s pretty cool. First I ever dove into it was watching Chris Duffin with his ‘Squat 800lbs Every Day’ thing to raise money for a charity and he was using it on all of his stuff to see where he was at, you’re the first person I’ve seen (or read, ha) using one.

Haha, I didn’t know about Chris Duffin’s Squat 800 everyday.

My coach used to train at Kabuki before opening up his own in our town (we’re about 30 minutes away from Chris Duffin’s gym, but about 1.5-2 hours in rush hour traffic). He still does virtual coaching with them.

Did 5 singles of 365 and felt kinda slow but looked fast on video.

Met with a PT on Thursday who was also a USAW-1 and worked with some of my former Powerlifting coaches. My squat felt great after a minor tweak from his suggestion.

375 moved fast at .3 m/s, so I dove into 395 and it was a grind at .12 m/s.

Hit duffalo bench after up to 267. It was hot so I called the workout early.

Because of my grindy 395 and being pressed for time, I opted to just bench today on an Eleiko Power Bar. Hit 255 fast as hell, hit 270 easy, then tried 285 again which I didnt get.

Going to take today off, deadlift Thursday and try for 6 singles at 365. I’m volunteering at a meet on Sat AM.

I think I’ll shoot for 1RM testing next week (rather than daily minimum) with hype up and Ammonia before I start meet prep, and use those #s for my meet prep.

I heard of Richard Hawthorne basically cycling 10x10, 4x8,8x3 (or something like that) in his training. I think I might try a week or two at 10x10 with lightweight just to acclimate myself to higher volume and rep ranges.

Also really not looking forward to deadlifting for reps with hook grip. All my off season work since my meet in April 2017 was with straps, with hook grip in warmup. On that note, I got a deadlift party next weekend, and I’ll use that to max my deadlift and showcase my wife’s new PR.

1 Like

Had to check out your log, you have some good work going on! Judging by where you are now and how your lifts are going, I expect you’ll hit your December goals with no problem.

Thanks! Im so close to hitting 405 (which i can prolly do with some ammonia). I think 315 bench by december is realistic, but I have to check myself with the 500 deadlift goal.

Well, you’re working with heavier weights on squat and deadlift than I am, and I know I will be back over 405 on squat well before December, and at least over 455 on deadlift, but I’m expecting more. Alas, a 315 bench is a distant dream… Maybe do more higher rep/lower weight assistance work? I don’t know, I’m not a powerlifting meet prep expert, so I’m sure your knowledge and having a coach trumps any advice I could give. What weight class are you competing in? 181?

Yeah, I’ll be at 181. I just contacted the head coach at my gym about doing in-house programming. My gym’s pretty cool with being flexible and letting people do their own thing or using programming from outside.

I’ll def be adding volume and accessory soon.

I have a private Instagram so I never upload my videos here. But my gyms IG is public, so here’s footage of my recent attempts:
https://www.instagram.com/p/Bl4mL5EnCgD/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=1b76giixltam7
https://www.instagram.com/p/BmC0E8TBvjX/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=cha9v6az2rfy

1 Like

Was hoping to beat last weeks squat PR today, but been busy the last few days and only grinded out 385. Hoping to bang out 285 or Even 290 for bench on Thursday, but might be overshooting

Nice squat pr dude

Thanks man, hoping to beat the fuck out of it soon after meet prep.

Banged out 285 on Bench finally (which I missed on 3 different attempts throughout the past few weeks). Moved up almost effortlessly. Got bold and shot for 295, but barely got it off my chest.

Deadlift maxing on Saturday - going for 450ish hopefully if 405 and 425 feel good

1 Like

Hit deadlifts at my gyms deadlift party. Was great! 435, which I missed at first and then tried again with some nosetork. Woulda tried 455, but that was prolly wouldn’t have had it in me. Maybe during or after meet prep.

First day of meet prep, and hired a coach for programming this time.

Today I had:
Bench 4x7 at 195
Then Closegrip 3x8 at 185, 185, 165. First set moved great, second stopped at 6, and then struggled on my last at 165. Shameful to fail at such low weight.
Flat DB bench - trying to find out what weight feels good that gives me 8 reps with 4 in the tank - worked up to 40s but I coulda done more
Tricep pulldown - coulda done more but havent done isolation in a while.

Woke up all sorts of sore form the reppage, since I spent the last few months doing singles. Hoping to adjust soon.

Form looks great, you look real disciplined man. Keep up the awesome work.