SOTU Address

He is trying to be centrist by hobbling together a mishmash of stuff all over the place:

Token tax cuts

Nuclear power and OFFSHORE DRILLING (that’ll get im hammered by the left)

A slightly softened populist attack on banks and big business.

Full steam ahead on green energy and HEALTHCARE (that’ll get im hammered by the right and the middle)

Now he just said earmark reform ROFLMAO!!!

Another transparency promise after the c-span debacle.

He’s still talking.

OMG!!! he just said WE HAVE TO STOP THE PERPETUAL CAMPAIGNING!!! I literally choked on my second PWO meal when I heard that.

Now he’s trying to muscle the republicans saying that they aren’t showing LEADERSHIP. I though the dems were in control. This one is all over the place

No trail of bread crumbs can bring you back from where he is going.

This is great. The Iraq war is ending and all COMBAT troops will be out of country by end of August. The war is ending HOORAY!!! We’ll just have 60 or 70,000 NON combat troops who still fire on their weapons. Wait n see.

Now he’s speakin Patton at the North Koreans. They probably choked on their food laughing at that.

Damn, the military personnel there sure didn’t look happy at all.

Did you see the look on Boehner’s face?

Here’s a good one. Anytime somebody speaks of values, private business and institutions and government as if they’re all the same thing you know what you’re up against.

I like some of what he is saying about making education more affordable. But, he was saying that during the campaign, so I won’t hold my breath. He talks a good game about working together for the good of the country, however, I will only believe when I see it.

[quote]blake2616 wrote:
I like some of what he is saying about making education more affordable. But, he was saying that during the campaign, so I won’t hold my breath. He talks a good game about working together for the good of the country, however, I will only believe when I see it.[/quote]

Making education more affordable means paying for somebody’s education with somebody else’s money. You make a good point though. Most of these SOTU addresses are bulshit no matter who is giving it, but with this guy you can be particularly skeptical about whether you’ll see anything he says.

[quote]blake2616 wrote:
I like some of what he is saying about making education more affordable. But, he was saying that during the campaign, so I won’t hold my breath. He talks a good game about working together for the good of the country, however, I will only believe when I see it.[/quote]

Probably the same way he would like to make health care affordable. By letting gov’t provide it to everyone. Supply and demand be damned.

[quote]Tiribulus wrote:

[quote]blake2616 wrote:

Making education more affordable means paying for somebody’s education with somebody else’s money. You make a good point though. Most of these SOTU addresses are bulshit no matter who is giving it, but with this guy you can be particularly skeptical about whether you’ll see anything he says. [/quote]

I have to admit, I would be much more approving of the govt taking my tax money to help pay to educate someone, than if the govt took that same money to feed the current welfare cycle. Also, I think one of the best ways to keep the US on top in the world is to have more educated people. These are just my opinions, though.

If they really truly give a shit about making this country better the focus needs to be on education, not healthcare.

[quote]tedro wrote:

I didn’t watch the whole thing, but I did tune in just in time to see him put down the USSC. That is absolutely disgraceful behavior.[/quote]

The whole speech was bizarre - I kept wondering if he’s gone off the deep end. And regarding this ^^ - I hope people from all sides reprimand him. Utterly disgraceful indeed.

Yes make Bachelor’s degrees cheap so that Master’s is the new requirement. Education inflation.

Did he really just insult the Supreme court?

[quote]Tiribulus wrote:
OMG!!! he just said WE HAVE TO STOP THE PERPETUAL CAMPAIGNING!!! I literally choked on my second PWO meal when I heard that.

Now he’s trying to muscle the republicans saying that they aren’t showing LEADERSHIP. I though the dems were in control. This one is all over the place[/quote]

He’s having a mental breakdown right before our eyes.

He expected to come to Washington, blow a ‘trumpet’, and all the problems would disappear just like the walls of Jericho.

This is why hiring an inexperienced naif for important jobs is foolhardy at best, no matter how good a talker they are.

Sidenote: Sarah Palin, with her core of rock-solid values, would be far more stable and a far better POTUS than this Kenyan turkey.

What a waste of time. One thing that is really annoying about these state of the union addresses is all the standing ovations. One every 10-15 seconds.

They really ought to just do away with the applause and stand up, sit down BS. They could narrow these speeches down to 20 minutes flat.

Even for Obama that was pretty pathetic. He insults the Supreme court to get some applause…good grief.

I can’t recall people actually laughing at the president when he was delivering a State of the Union speech other then when they would make a joke. He got outright derision laughter when he talked about global warming.

So he adopted a confrontational approach while talking about bipartisanship. That’s about par for the course for the Obama/Pelosi/Reid troika.

I had a good feeling about the election in Nov 2010. I have a great feeling about it now. He basically dug in his heels over the bad stuff that is killing the Dems. What a gift.

Hillary not being there was telling. It’s not like she didn’t know when the speech was and scheduled a trip out of the country by accident. I will not be surprised at all if she runs against Obama in 2012.

I turned it off after I had my fill of bullshit … what’d he say about the Supreme Court? PS, from what I did see none of the Justices looked particularly happy to be there

[quote]polo77j wrote:
I turned it off after I had my fill of bullshit … what’d he say about the Supreme Court? PS, from what I did see none of the Justices looked particularly happy to be there[/quote]

He basically unloaded on this past week’s ruling allowing corporations as having the rights of citizens and opening, in his words, the “floodgates” to their political donations. He urged Democrats and Republicans to pass a bill to “right this wrong.”

The rest of the speech went like this… Blah blah blah it’s not my fault, blah blah blah, the Bush admin did it, blah blah blah, it was this way when we took over, blah blah blah, why aren’t my pretty words fixing things, blah, I’ll meet you later Nancy.