SOS, Send Your Representative a Message!

http://capwiz.com/saveoursupplements/mail/oneclick_compose/?alertid=7878076

looks like shit is hitting the fan again, lets not let congress screw up our healthy way of life!

(this is straight off of the link)

Tell Congress to Protect Dietary Supplements

Congress is considering new legislation that would take away your access to safe, effective and affordable dietary supplements, and we need your help to urge your elected officials to Save Our Supplements.

The Dietary Supplement Access and Awareness Act (H.R. 3156), introduced by Representatives Susan Davis (D-CA), Henry Waxman (D-CA) and John Dingell (D-MI), would place dietary supplements under unprecedented and unwarranted scrutiny. H.R. 3156 would subject dietary supplements, including vitamins, minerals, and herbs, to even stricter oversight than these products experienced prior to the passage of the Dietary Supplement Health and Education Act (DSHEA) in 1994. DSHEA already gives the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) all the authority it needs to police the marketplace and keep bad products from being sold.

If H.R. 3156 becomes law, 70 percent of dietary supplements currently on the market would become subject to burdensome new regulations ? some equivalent to those required for prescription drugs. The result? Higher costs for the supplements you depend on and the very real possibility that vitamins, minerals and herbs you depend on for good health might disappear from store shelves.

You can protect your access to dietary supplements. Write your members of Congress in the space provided below. Let your lawmaker know that good laws exist on the books, and the FDA needs to enforce them. Please share your personal supplement story, so that your lawmaker understands why it?s important to protect your access to dietary supplements.

I could think some people might expect me to post right away with something radical and extremist against the republicans, but I can only hope they are an ally in the voice of reason here.

Though some of us care, not enough of us do. We are officially the United States of Canada after this.

One more thing…

They want $5,000,000 In addition to more money to start this.

Anyone else outraged?

Lets start a thread as to what productive things the Congress could do with that money.

Why do they give a fuck about supplements? I dont understand. They should stick to golfing and dieing at young ages because of poor health…fucking politicians.

bump… this is important!

i think they are scared that people may become healthy and in-shape instead of fat hogs.

[quote]rafael wrote:
Why do they give a fuck about supplements? I dont understand. They should stick to golfing and dieing at young ages because of poor health…fucking politicians.[/quote]

Because if supplements are cheap and affordable, pharma companies can’t make tons of money turning them into prescription drugs.