T Nation

Sorry for Some Delays Answering

[quote]Christian Thibaudeau wrote:
BiP wrote:
Christian Thibaudeau wrote:
rich2323 wrote:
I wish I could of been a fly on the wall during that meeting, seeing how I live 1hr from CO Springs.

Rich

I look forward to the release of I-Bodybuilder!

Maybe you could drop by… Professor X is coming tomorrow.

I hope some of THAT will get filmed!

Don’t worry about the delays, though - you’re still giving everyone more invaluable info weekly than most coaches (on the internet or not) do in a year. Also, like everyone else I can’t wait to see I, Bodybuilder finished, but I’d rather see it done when it’s completely done, not when it’s rushed onto the website just to satisfy the people asking the same two ‘When is _____ going to be out?’ questions (everyone knows what the second one is…). If it takes 6 months than so be it, it’s not like the world is going to end tomorrow.

Now I understand why the program would be delayed, but with all the talk of supplementation of Anaconda being worked into advice being given on this site I’m wondering what the delay on the product itself is? I know it was originally intended to be released with I, Bodybuilder but I know the supplement at this point is not a “changing process” anymore. Is it still slated for release with I, Bodybuilder to coincide with a massive update of the main page and store?
Bartek

Seriously, and this is important, it’s not about I Bodybuilder… it’s about the principles that helped us design that first workout.

The first I Bodybuilder workout is only an application of the foundation principles of High Threshold Hypertrophy training. We actually have techniques that are more advanced than what will be in the first program. But the first program is the door opening up to great things. And if you can’t master the basic principles, you will not be able to optimally gain from the more advanced stuff.[/quote]

Cephalic_Carnage has been a little slow in his thread lately… you guys flying him over from Germany? :stuck_out_tongue: Really cool and damn excited to hear about forum members getting to go to the HQ. Some more information should be available in article form about this, it’d be really interesting!

rich2323 wrote:
I wish I could of been a fly on the wall during that meeting, seeing how I live 1hr from CO Springs.

Rich

Maybe you could drop by… Professor X is coming tomorrow.[/quote]

I find it highly unlikely that he’d adopt any of HTH principles : low reps, free weights, etc.
He’s getting the results that he wants with the most traditional methods

[quote]Thy. wrote:
rich2323 wrote:

Rich

I find it highly unlikely that he’d adopt any of HTH principles : low reps, free weights, etc.

[/quote]

Then you don’t understand what HTH principles are AT ALL.

It’s not about free weights or machines… our principles work with any training equipment and I use both equally.

It is not about super low reps… the methods can be used with anything from 1 to 8 reps… and X had most of his gains in the 4-8 range.

X has been using a form of ramping all of his life, maybe not the same as myself, but the same general idea. And just like me he consider even those lighter sets are work sets.

X doesn’t follow a program, he does adjust his training on a daily basis.

He might not have tried to come up with HTH training, but he instinctively does a lot of the same things… which is why we are bringing him in.

The two core principles of HTH are: THE PERFECT REP and ACTIVATION/AUTOREGULATION.

Thy. wrote:
rich2323 wrote:

Rich

It’s not about free weights or machines… our principles work with any training equipment and I use both equally.

It is not about super ow reps… the methods can be used with anything from 1 to 8 reps… and X had most of his gains in the 4-8 range.

X has been using a form of ramping all of his life, mabe not the same as myself, but the same general idea. And just like me he consider even those lighter sets are work sets.

He might not have tried to come up with HTH training, but he instinctively does lot of the same things… which is why we are bringing him in.

The two core principles of HTH are: THE PERFECT REP and ACTIVATION/AUTOREGULATION.

[/quote]

Let us know how did it go, and how huge he is in person.

Yep, we had Mighty_Stu and ACTrain for the past 4 days. Both very cool guys. We had a ton of fun.

CT Do you have “quebecois” to try the I bodybuilder?..I’ll go to Colorado hahahaha

[quote]Charles3264 wrote:
CT Do you have “quebecois” to try the I bodybuilder?..I’ll go to Colorado hahahaha[/quote]

Funny you mention that… my whole ‘team’ is from Quebec. When we all go to Colorado the whole building speaks french! Ok, maybe not, but the original guinea pigs are from Quebec, simply because I can work directly with them. Right now David Laroche, who is a talented trainer I’m mentoring back in Levis is here helping train visitors and so is Keven Nobert (one of the original I BODYBUILDER guys).

In Quebec I’m also working on a daily basis with overall provincial champ Alex Raymond who will also travel here, if we eventually can fit him on a plane (he is a very lean 260 on 5’9’’ with the widest shoulders I’ve seen).

Thy. wrote:
rich2323 wrote:

Rich

It is not about super low reps… the methods can be used with anything from 1 to 8 reps… and X had most of his gains in the 4-8 range.

X has been using a form of ramping all of his life, maybe not the same as myself, but the same general idea. And just like me he consider even those lighter sets are work sets.

He might not have tried to come up with HTH training, but he instinctively does a lot of the same things… which is why we are bringing him in.

[/quote]

EDIT: Nevermind. What do I know…

Its good to see that you bring your “racines” in the project. Do you have an attachment to a gym an office in Quebec, Montreal… I know you are pretty occupied but is there a way to get in contact for a training and meeting…thanks

Its good to see that you bring your “racines” in the project. Do you have an attachment to a gym an office in Quebec, Montreal… I know you are pretty occupied but is there a way to get in contact for a training and meeting…thanks [/quote]

The Maxi-Forme gym in Levis

Wow CT, that’s pretty awesome that you’re actually bringing forum members in! X, Stu and ACTrain are all guys I tend to shut up and listen to. Are ye filming any of these exploits by any chance…?
And have you given any thought to inviting waylanderxx? A 20 year old with his strength levels who is closing in on a damn impressive 300lbs might be worth bringing in…

That’s pretty cool. This speaks volumes about the site, actually bringing the forum members and customers into the same room to discuss training. Had I hat, it would be tipped.
Fair play to CC if he’s heading over all the way from Germany!

[quote]Jereth127 wrote:
That’s pretty cool. This speaks volumes about the site, actually bringing the forum members and customers into the same room to discuss training. Had I hat, it would be tipped.
Fair play to CC if he’s heading over all the way from Germany![/quote]

Honestly our goal is to help people get bigger and more muscular. I KNOW that we have a lot of the answers, but I also know that guys who have reached a certain level probably have some of the answers too.

I have absolutely ZERO ego. As Tim Patterson says ten thousands times per day: “I don’t care what the answer is, I only want to know the truth”. If a training truth turns out to go against my own beliefs, then I’ll change my beliefs.

At this stage I’m assuming that the biggest obstacle you will have is having the ‘right people’ apply the HTH principles. X and Waylander and CC and such all have a lot of similarities in their training styles from what I can see(but I admit I haven’t taken the time to read enough of what they preach) and HTH seems to be similiar again(as you discussed earlier in this thread).

But getting to the level where HTH WILL benefit you is another story. All the guys mentioned have come to know their bodies, as well as physical and mental limits through years of hard work, dieting and more hard work.

How do you plan to convince 160lb 17 year olds with no with no consistent diet or training that HTH isn’t for them before they all try it and when it doesn’t work they complain about the lack of results and therefore become the ‘unmaking’ of the principles you have worked so hard on…?

[quote]Jereth127 wrote:
At this stage I’m assuming that the biggest obstacle you will have is having the ‘right people’ apply the HTH principles. X and Waylander and CC and such all have a lot of similarities in their training styles from what I can see(but I admit I haven’t taken the time to read enough of what they preach) and HTH seems to be similiar again(as you discussed earlier in this thread).

But getting to the level where HTH WILL benefit you is another story. All the guys mentioned have come to know their bodies, as well as physical and mental limits through years of hard work, dieting and more hard work.

How do you plan to convince 160lb 17 year olds with no with no consistent diet or training that HTH isn’t for them before they all try it and when it doesn’t work they complain about the lack of results and therefore become the ‘unmaking’ of the principles you have worked so hard on…?[/quote]

HTH is for everybody… well the basic principle are. Even a beginner (once he has mastered proper lifting technique) should learn how to do the perfect rep and how to ramp properly. The rest will fall into place as his training experience grows.

It’s that simple…?
I was of the impression that ramping should be reserved for people who had progressed a certain amount towards their genetic strength potential in order to make the ramping principle any way effective.

Looking forward to the info when it’s realeased coach. Thanks for taking the time to reply.

[quote]Jereth127 wrote:
It’s that simple…?
I was of the impression that ramping should be reserved for people who had progressed a certain amount towards their genetic strength potential in order to make the ramping principle any way effective.

Looking forward to the info when it’s realeased coach. Thanks for taking the time to reply.[/quote]

Yes, it’s that simple, seriously. The problem is that the application is more complex and requires more time to master than most people think.

Charles3264 wrote:
Its good to see that you bring your “racines” in the project. Do you have an attachment to a gym an office in Quebec, Montreal… I know you are pretty occupied but is there a way to get in contact for a training and meeting…thanks

The Maxi-Forme gym in Levis[/quote]

Merci CT, la ville de quebec c est loin de chez nous, mais si tu passes pres de Montreal ou repentigny, laisse moi savoir!! Merci!!

Charles

Charles3264 wrote:

The Maxi-Forme gym in Levis

Merci CT, la ville de quebec c est loin de chez nous, mais si tu passes pres de Montreal ou repentigny, laisse moi savoir!! Merci!!

Charles
[/quote]

Vinkofest! Mais…tu es déjà au courant. Aight no more french I’m sure the mods don’t like it too much!