T Nation

Sore Joints

Lately, I’ve been getting soreness in my elbows. I think it’s from either Dips or Pull-ups. What can I do to combat this?

Rest, Fish oils like Flameout, a rubber band and work work hand OUT against the resistance. Use Liniment to keep the joints warm etc etc.

Phill

You could try giving them a bit of a rest… leave out one of the suspect lifts, drop volume, drop load, find alternate movements or whatever.

Other ideas might be supplementing with things like Flameout or perhaps some type of glucosamine / chondroitin product.

[quote]vroom wrote:
You could try giving them a bit of a rest… leave out one of the suspect lifts, drop volume, drop load, find alternate movements or whatever.

Other ideas might be supplementing with things like Flameout or perhaps some type of glucosamine / chondroitin product. [/quote]

Did a study just come out questioning the value of glucosamine and/or chondroitin? If so, can someone find a link?

To the OP, you may want to try icing the affected joints after your workout, and I second the fish oil recommendations.