Sore Forearms After Curls

[quote]FrozenNinja wrote:
How About all you wonderful people use weight you can handle until you can hoist more weight??? I know I know…saying to lift within your own physical limits until you get stronger is a sin around here but guess what? It might actually help…and oh…what X said…curl more…with weight you CAN handle…[/quote]

When I had this problem, I didn’t feel pain while curling, but only between sets and afterwards. I was able to handle the weight just fine during the exercise, so suggesting the problem can only stem from lifting too heavy is off the mark. Like I said, it had something to do with a quick release for me, and once I paid attention to how I was releasing the weight, the problem went away. I’ve continued to increase my weight on curls since then, so it can’t have been the weight. But you did call me “wonderful”, so I’ll let it slip this time.

It has nothing to do with being able to handle the wight or not. I had the same thing. I first noticed it before i started llfiting weights. While I was working on the ambulance. Lifting the stretcher and stairchair is almost the same arm movement as a curl. The pain comes at the end of the lift when releasing the grip and pronating the hands.

I noticed it for a bit while lifting too. I always assumed it was a tendon, but I like PXs explaination. It went away after I started doing more curls and got used to lifting fat ass patients in and out of the ambulance.

[quote]Adie wrote:
I also used to get this. I changed the position of my elbows on the pad and the pain went.[/quote]

x2

I love when my forearms get sore from reverse grip BB curls.