Soprano's Sucks?

Can somebody please explain to me why this is a wrong statement?
Maybe I am missing something, but the Soprano’s seem to suck nowadays.
Tony is becomming a degenerate gambler?
Where did that come from?

yea I don’t know, didn’t like that plot point at all…too random and stupid.

Everyone’s fat.

I don’t necessarily mind the degenerate gambler story line, but the show has sucked for quite some time now because so little action ever actually happens. They keep building up and building up, and then the previews for the next episode make it seem like, “NOW, something is going to HAPPEN!!” Only it never does. They’ll build it up further and again, nothing will happen.

The earlier seasons of the Sopranos seemed to be more “active.” Now, they only hint at interesting things happening, which then don’t actually happen.

Like last weekend when Pauly was on the boat with Tony and Tony was eyeing that big knife, thinking about taking out Pauly. If I were new to the show I might think, “Ooh, he’s gonna’ kill Paulie!” But since I’ve been watching it for a while, I knew better. I just said to myself, “No way. It’s the Sopranos. Nothing ever happens. He won’t kill him.”

I’ve been waiting for “something” to happen for a month. Seems to have lost the vibe it once had.

When is Christopher going to get wacked?

[quote]hedo wrote:
I’ve been waiting for “something” to happen for a month. Seems to have lost the vibe it once had.

When is Christopher going to get wacked?[/quote]

Is it just me or has Chrissy had nothing more than a bit part so far this season. Judging from the previews, I wonder if Paulie is going to wack him later on. The Vito Jr shower scene is something I could have done without.

I’ve been watching The Sopranos from the jump, and it used to be my favorite show. Then I started watching The Shield. Now The Sopranos is like slow fucking motion. I don’t think that means The Sopranos sucks, but The Shield is so fucking good I have to take 30-45 minutes to calm down and catch my breath after a new episode.

Then, when I go back to The Sopranos, I’m finding it hard to stay awake half the time.

[quote]Kayrob wrote:
hedo wrote:

When is Christopher going to get wacked?

Is it just me or has Chrissy had nothing more than a bit part so far this season. Judging from the previews, I wonder if Paulie is going to wack him later on. The Vito Jr shower scene is something I could have done without.[/quote]

He’s gotta go. I think the movie he made sealed his fate.

I’m also wondering what’s up with the Arabs who bought the credit cards last year and hung around the bing. Then the FBI guy asked Tony about Terrorist activities in his area. Then last night they kept showing the Arabs at a clubhouse and Tony’s driver recognized the kids from the Bing. Something is up with this plot line.

i think what they’re doing is pretty good. The show is slowing showing Tony’s decline and how his losing control of his crew and his life. They cant continue to glorify the ‘life’ like they have for all 6 seasons

[quote]nik351 wrote:
i think what they’re doing is pretty good. The show is slowing showing Tony’s decline and how his losing control of his crew and his life. They cant continue to glorify the ‘life’ like they have for all 6 seasons[/quote]

That’s fine, but when they start pulling all the random plot lines out of their asses it makes for bad TV. Out of nowhere T damn near takes out Paulie on the boat, now it looks like Hesh is on the hit list! WTF?!?! I have no idea what is going on! Last season was a snore fest and nothing happens, now it’s like they are trying to cram about 2 seasons worth of conflict into one episode. At this rate I’ll be glad the damn show is done.

The show hasn’t been good since the Russian in the woods season. That was the last good season in my opinion. Shows like The Shield, The Wire, and Heroes have taken the top spot with there action packed episodes and ACTUAL character development.

Sopranos is trying WAY too hard to be cerebral.

[quote]nik351 wrote:
i think what they’re doing is pretty good. The show is slowing showing Tony’s decline and how his losing control of his crew and his life. They cant continue to glorify the ‘life’ like they have for all 6 seasons[/quote]

i think this is an accurate analysis. paranoia, weight gain… it’s very well done

[quote]MRbasal-faulty wrote:
nik351 wrote:
i think what they’re doing is pretty good. The show is slowing showing Tony’s decline and how his losing control of his crew and his life. They cant continue to glorify the ‘life’ like they have for all 6 seasons

i think this is an accurate analysis. paranoia, weight gain… it’s very well done [/quote]

Way to revive a 3 month old thread.