Sophie Delezio

Man, what a contrast of the best and the worst humanity can muster up encompassed in this thread.

To the OP, thanks for posting, very inspirational story.

Reminded me of when my fiancee was crossing the road to school when she was 5 years old, when a guy driving a pick-up truck late to work ran her over at 45mph, dragged her under the truck for 100 yards, and then slammed into a telephone pole.

She’s a-okay now, and quite the looker might I add. I just think that story is bad-ass, I like to make myself believe she’s really tough for surviving it…

[quote]duke wrote:
I hope you never have to be forced to understand the difference between a crippled pet and a crippled child.

Fool.[/quote]

Hmmm, is it that you’re not allowed to put one of them to sleep?

Tool. :stuck_out_tongue:

[quote]Kailash wrote:
duke wrote:
I hope you never have to be forced to understand the difference between a crippled pet and a crippled child.

Fool.

Tool. :P[/quote]

Im not PC or anything, in fact nothing pissess me off more than someone getting overly PC, but conitnually laughing at a five year old girl who is crippled and disfigured for life is really quite pathetic. It shows real weakness of character. Shut the fuck up.

[quote]Kailash wrote:
BLUE-COLLAR MAN: I’m alive because I knew there were risks involved taking on that particular client. My friend wasn’t so lucky.
pauses to reflect
You know, any contractor willing to work on that Death Star knew the risks. If they were killed, it was their own fault. A roofer listens to this… taps his heart Not his wallet.[/quote]

And how does this apply to Sophie going to kindergarten. Should she have woken up one morning and thought, there is a chance that a car is going to come flying into my school room today and I will be trapped under it while it burns so maybe I should just stay home today?

The same applies to the workers in the WTC. How many of them ‘knew’ the risks do you think?

Your post is entirely irrelevant and insensitive. This has nothing to do with political correctness, this has to do with just being a decent human.

[quote]Bauer97 wrote:
Man, what a contrast of the best and the worst humanity can muster up encompassed in this thread.

To the OP, thanks for posting, very inspirational story.

Reminded me of when my fiancee was crossing the road to school when she was 5 years old, when a guy driving a pick-up truck late to work ran her over at 45mph, dragged her under the truck for 100 yards, and then slammed into a telephone pole.

She’s a-okay now, and quite the looker might I add. I just think that story is bad-ass, I like to make myself believe she’s really tough for surviving it…[/quote]

I’m sure she is tough. It takes a lot more than lifting heavy weights to be tough. Glad you found the story inspiring.

[quote]helga wrote:
Kailash wrote:
BLUE-COLLAR MAN: I’m alive because I knew there were risks involved taking on that particular client. My friend wasn’t so lucky.
pauses to reflect
You know, any contractor willing to work on that Death Star knew the risks. If they were killed, it was their own fault. A roofer listens to this… taps his heart Not his wallet.

And how does this apply to Sophie going to kindergarten. Should she have woken up one morning and thought, there is a chance that a car is going to come flying into my school room today and I will be trapped under it while it burns so maybe I should just stay home today?

The same applies to the workers in the WTC. How many of them ‘knew’ the risks do you think?

Your post is entirely irrelevant and insensitive. This has nothing to do with political correctness, this has to do with just being a decent human.[/quote]

Helga, you’re trying to reason with a small minded waste of oxygen. Let him rant, he’s not capable of common sense.
I’m sure you appreciate Sophies, and her family’s, courage.

[quote]blooey wrote:
What I worry about is that 6-year olds are very easy to keep happy. Right now, she’s surrounded by her parents, family, relatives, friends, and other people who love her. In 10 years, she’s going to see the people her age whole and doing things she’ll never be able to do. I hope she’s still smiling then, but I somehow doubt it.[/quote]

After 10 years her daily routine will be… routine. It’s not like she’ll wake every day to the shock of her legs being gone. If you see a person owning items you’ll never afford does it ruin your life? If you see an athelete with abilities you’ll never have, does it ruin your life? No, it does not. Because you are used to living within your own reality.

[quote]sikunt wrote:
Im not PC or anything, in fact nothing pissess me off more than someone getting overly PC, but conitnually laughing at a five year old girl who is crippled and disfigured for life is really quite pathetic. It shows real weakness of character. Shut the fuck up.[/quote]

I really can’t believe you’d be that stupid, but here it is all laid out: I’m NOT laughing at the girl.

I AM laughing at irony, and twisted fates, of which perhaps some need a deeper sense of humor to appreciate.

I AM laughing at mass media, and archetypes, flickering tubes which program a nation in simulcast, to an emotionally-charged sound track.

But, most of all, I’m laughing at the posters above who take this so seriously.

And now, sikunt, I’m laughing at you.

Haha, ya big baby!!

[quote]helga wrote:
And how does this apply to Sophie going to kindergarten. Should she have woken up one morning and thought, there is a chance that a car is going to come flying into my school room today and I will be trapped under it while it burns so maybe I should just stay home today?[/quote]

I never compared Sophie to WTC. That was the gist of the first Australian who got down on me. My response to that was independant of Sophie’s case - when I assured him that I’m not a nationalist via my opinion on WTC - so his attempt to harm me was that much more pathetic and self-incriminating.

Now, count 'em up. Seven people down on me. SIX of them Australian!! Goes to show how thoroughly programmed you each are by the memetics flowing from this case. Print and television media, conversations at water cooler and with family. After so much exposure, you’re no longer free to feel your own feelings, or think your own thoughts.

Some might identify themselves with this, “a national tragedy and a national hero”. The WTC baiter might be one. Bauer is another, the only non-Australian to get down on me. But his identification isn’t with a nation or a news broadcast, but rather with his girlfriend. It was from that which he reacted, an apparant joke on his “nation of two”.

It really is a pain to detail all this, you know that?

So, let those with ears to hear, hear. No more self-explanations from me.

[quote]Kailash wrote:
I AM laughing at irony, and twisted fates, of which perhaps some need a deeper sense of humor to appreciate.
[/quote]

Although Duke was right that there is no point in arguing or attempting to reason with you, I will never believe that there will be a depth of humor that can find the irony in this situation funny or laughable.

[quote]4est wrote:
blooey wrote:
What I worry about is that 6-year olds are very easy to keep happy. Right now, she’s surrounded by her parents, family, relatives, friends, and other people who love her. In 10 years, she’s going to see the people her age whole and doing things she’ll never be able to do. I hope she’s still smiling then, but I somehow doubt it.

After 10 years her daily routine will be… routine. It’s not like she’ll wake every day to the shock of her legs being gone. If you see a person owning items you’ll never afford does it ruin your life? If you see an athelete with abilities you’ll never have, does it ruin your life? No, it does not. Because you are used to living within your own reality.[/quote]

(I know I already poo-pooed on the thread, but this convo interests me.)

Well, it’s one thing to realize we can’t have what the elites possess. But it’s another entirely to miss out on what’s taken for granted by the majority.

I find the best that can be done in those cases, is to understand it only appears “everyone has this”, but that there are others like us who don’t. Solidarity in suffering, because suffering alone is a burden far worse.

This can be managed in the form of support groups, or an event such as Special Olympics or Take Back the Night. Though, it can suffice to know that if we suffer then so too must others. Solace has in the past come to me that easily.

[quote]Kailash wrote:
Now, count 'em up. Seven people down on me. SIX of them Australian!! Goes to show how thoroughly programmed you each are by the memetics flowing from this case. Print and television media, conversations at water cooler and with family. After so much exposure, you’re no longer free to feel your own feelings, or think your own thoughts.
[/quote]

I think that if you explained Sophies situation to people from all nationalities, you would find that more than 6 out of 7 would agree with us Austrlians. I think the fact that 6 out of 7 people that are getting down on you are Australian shows nothing other than the fact that it is probably only Australians that knew who Sophie Delezio is and not that we have been programmed by the media.

I have formed my own opinion on this matter and personally do not find her story that inspiring, but I do think that your comments in the matter are disgraceful.

[quote]Kailash wrote:
sikunt wrote:
Im not PC or anything, in fact nothing pissess me off more than someone getting overly PC, but conitnually laughing at a five year old girl who is crippled and disfigured for life is really quite pathetic. It shows real weakness of character. Shut the fuck up.

I really can’t believe you’d be that stupid, but here it is all laid out: I’m NOT laughing at the girl.

I AM laughing at mass media, and archetypes, flickering tubes which program a nation in simulcast, to an emotionally-charged sound track.

But, most of all, I’m laughing at the posters above who take this so seriously.

And now, sikunt, I’m laughing at you.

Haha, ya big baby!![/quote]

I can definatly see the point your trying to make, i just dont see why you would want to make your clever little social observations about a story of a little girl who is crippled for life.

Your laughing at the posters who take it so seriously? Yeah i cant see anything serious about a child who has suffered more pain in her short life than most people will in their life-times, and how, when shes older, she will know she is disfigured and different from everyone else. And how she will miss out on many experiences that are a normal part of growing up.

How could i have been so stupid…

[quote]Kailash wrote:
duke wrote:

Fool.

Tool. :P[/quote]

You are officially the biggest dick on T-Nation. And that is quite an achievement.

[quote]Kailash wrote:

It really is a pain to detail all this, you know that?

So, let those with ears to hear, hear. No more self-explanations from me.[/quote]

7 Australians are ‘‘down on you’’ now, empathy, compassion and the Australian love of the underdog shows in these posts.

Programmed by the memetics, how about the abillity to be able to place yourself in her shoes.

Painfull to detail eh, well golly gosh, not half as a painfull as to read your babble.

I do have ears as well as a nose that picks up a particular smell of bullshit, its amazing you use so many words to say so little.

[quote]deanosumo wrote:
Kailash wrote:
duke wrote:

Fool.

Tool. :stuck_out_tongue:

You are officially the biggest dick on T-Nation. And that is quite an achievement.[/quote]

Game. Set. Match to Deanosumo.

Door: Knock, Knock!

Kailash: Who’s there?

Door: Homeland security.

Kailash: Homeland security, Who?

Door: Could you please come with us sir? We would like to discuss your views on the WTC.

Anyone care to guess how this joke ends?

Trust me, I don?t think your bad taste in humor just pissed of the Aussies. Most people shouldn?t find humor in tragedies, especially when it is a child.

Ok, this just goes to show that when you wake up in the morning, you should take a minute to count your functional limbs and thank God that in this horrible world, you have managed to stay in one piece, and so have your loved ones.

Second, you should not make fun on a story liek this girl’s, especially when she shows more guts than anyone of us. I am sure that most of us wouldn’t be able to endure the things that this little girl has endured, and most of us who think we are tough and all secretly thank god for not having to ever go through an ordeal like this.

And third, any asshole who makes jokes about a life’s story like Sop`hie’s deserve to get shot. I am typing this letter from my gym’s computer station, and let me assure you, any jerk who has laughed at this inspiring young lady better not come near us or we are gonna beat the crap out of him to teach him a lesson or two about how life can become ugly for us all.

[quote]Kailash wrote:
Well, it’s one thing to realize we can’t have what the elites possess. But it’s another entirely to miss out on what’s taken for granted by the majority.[/quote]

I myself, and many others, do this every day. It becomes routine and you don’t even think about it.

[quote]Kailash wrote:
I find the best that can be done in those cases, is to understand it only appears “everyone has this”, but that there are others like us who don’t. Solidarity in suffering, because suffering alone is a burden far worse.

This can be managed in the form of support groups, or an event such as Special Olympics or Take Back the Night. Though, it can suffice to know that if we suffer then so too must others. Solace has in the past come to me that easily.[/quote]

The best we can do is to join a support group since we don’t want to suffer alone??? lol … whatever. Some of us just choose to go on living.