Son's Stinky Friend

[quote]DarkNinjaa wrote:
Tell your son to tell him that he stinks.

Simples.[/quote]
No fuck that.

YOU tell him he stinks. I mean he is a kid, WTF is he going to do?

Fucking world has gotten so politically correct you cant tell somebody they smell like hot garbage?

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

[quote]DarkNinjaa wrote:

Simples.[/quote]
No fuck that.

Fucking world has gotten so politically correct you cant tell somebody they smell like hot garbage? [/quote]

Hahahaha!!

OE can’t do that.

Consequences will never be the same!

[quote]DBCooper wrote:
Doesn’t your son realize he smells like shit? Don’t his classmates and the other neighborhood kids realize he smells like shit?

Because when I was a kid, and I’m sure the same can be said for most people here, a kid who smelled that bad would have been ostracized to the point where no one would have hung out with him. Is this not what’s going on with your son and this little stinker?[/quote]

Eventually this is what happens to the odd kid. And age 11 is right around the turning point. I went to school with a kid that was raised in a cigarette-stink of a house, plus his mother washed his clothes in the same water for days (wringer washer in damp basement). He smelled bad and had tons of blackheads on his visible body parts.

This other kid I knew smelled too, he was the fat kid in my class(remember when a class of 450 kids had just ONE fat kid in it?). Every summer he went to a weight-loss camp and came back to school slim wearing new clothes. By November, he was back in the sweater and pants he wore for the rest of the school year.

With my kids, they hung out with some really weird kids, behavioral issues and it turns out that the parents were the whack-jobs. So I’d say this is where the smelly kid originates from. One kid my oldest son knew, the father was supposed to be some sort of secret-agent, which was a BS story. The father himself brought it up to me when he came to get his kid at my house one day. Turns out he was some debt-ridden day trader who was in the process of being dumped by his wife.

Rob

[quote]DarkNinjaa wrote:

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

[quote]DarkNinjaa wrote:

Simples.[/quote]
No fuck that.

Fucking world has gotten so politically correct you cant tell somebody they smell like hot garbage? [/quote]

Hahahaha!!

OE can’t do that.

Consequences will never be the same![/quote]
:confused: only way I would not say something to this kid was if his dad was my boss or the wife’s boss.

Other than that its

Me “Hey kid”
Him “Yea”
Me “Why do you smell like a you rolled around on a road killed skunk”
Him “I have a condition…runs away crying”
Me “Awesome, smelly kid wont be back and son for fucks sake stop bringing stinky kids home”

[quote]Derek542 wrote:
:confused: only way I would not say something to this kid was if his dad was my boss or the wife’s boss.

Other than that its

Me “Hey kid”
Him “Yea”
Me “Awesome, smelly kid wont be back and son for fucks sake stop bringing stinky kids home”[/quote]

Bwahahaha!!!

Imagine his father later storming into your house, (with sobbing lil’ stinky Tommy by his side) and screaming: ‘‘What have you said to my son, you lying prick? He smells like roses, you hear me? He smells like fucking porridge in the morning! But now, because of you, he can’t sleep, he can’t eat, he can’t SHIT!! CONSEQUENCES WILL NEVER BE THE SAME!!!’’

What exactly does this kid smell like? Shit? Piss? Fish? Sour Milk? Rotten Eggs? Axe Body Spray? And is it him, or his clothes?

[quote]DarkNinjaa wrote:

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

Other than that its

Me “Hey kid”
Him “Yea”
Me “Awesome, smelly kid wont be back and son for fucks sake stop bringing stinky kids home”[/quote]

Bwahahaha!!!

Imagine his father later storming into your house, (with sobbing lil’ stinky Tommy by his side) and screaming: ‘‘What have you said to my son, you lying prick? He smells like roses, you hear me? He smells like fucking porridge in the morning! But now, because of you, he can’t sleep, he can’t eat, he can’t SHIT!! CONSEQUENCES WILL NEVER BE THE SAME!!!’’
[/quote]
Well I live in Texas you come on my porch yelling. You are getting shot or your ass kicked.

[quote]on edge wrote:
My 11 year old son has a neighborhood friend who’s been coming over a lot lately and the kid just reeks. It’s not only unpleasant being round him, it’s unpleasant after he leaves. I made the mistake of sitting on the couch hours after this kid left one time and I ended up stinking. That night I took the couch pillows outside, poured baking soda on, patted it in and left them out over night. In the morning I whacked the baking soda out and brought them in. When I got home from work later that day I sniffed and they still stunk. Its that bad.

I’ve decided it’s not a sanitary issue, it’s just the way this kid smells. You know how old people have old person smell sometimes? Its like that, intense old person smell. So, my dilemma is do I talk to the kids parents? I think the only thing that might work is drastic dietary changes but thats just a guess. I might be offending them over something they can’t do anything about. I’d hate to have to tell the kid he can’t come in our house but I also don’t want to be uncomfortable in my own home. So, its down to one of those two things, tell the poor kid he can’t come in our house or try to come up with a non-offensive way of talking to his parents about it and hoping they can actually do something.

I’m all ears for any alternative solutions, ways to broach the subject with the parents or thoughts on why a kid would stink so bad.
[/quote]

I concur with the posters saying there is something going on in that house, probably serious.

Yeah, you’re potentially hanging that kid out to dry, and that’s crappy. But your kid is your first priority, and if that kid stinkes because, say, his ass is getting raped by his mother’s new baby daddy (or she’s on drugs, or just not there) that’s a problem you don’t want your kid around.

Unless you plan on being VERY pro-active (like going over there, maybe having to call protective services, etc), it’s probably best to have your son not play with that kid.

I still think it’s a sanitary thing. Some old people stink, some have the energy to shower every morning and use deodorant. They don’t stink.

I remember being that age. I played a lot of sports at that time, all the breaks in school, several hours after school and hadn’t really had the issue of smelly sweat before. Suddenly I smelled horrible after getting sweaty without showering and had to be told to realize that it was me.

No one likes being told that they smell, but no one likes not being told what’s wrong with them either. As DB said, that could be even worse, getting ostracized and so on. Try to give him the “you’re becoming a man, and that means you have to shower” speech.

Is the kid Indian? It could just be the curry.

Agree with Kakno. Old people don’t have to stink, many do because 1) lack energy to shower regularly 2) lost sense of smell due to age and they don’t realize they stink 3) denture-related stink 4) grew up with taking a bath 1-2x a week and never changed their habits even after upgrading their living conditions.

Yeah, the kid might have trouble at home or some sort of rare condition, but if his clothes are decent and he’s in a good neighborhood the only trouble at home is that his parents stink too. This is even more likely the case if his parents or grandparents are immigrants from a country with water issues. The affluent areas of India are covered with billboards urging people to limit their water usage to “one bucket a day” and public service announcements strongly discourage daily showering. After moving to this country it could be several generations before these sorts of habits change.

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

[quote]DarkNinjaa wrote:

Simples.[/quote]
No fuck that.

Wrong!!

No one can ever tell this kid he stinks because it will hurt his feelings…and we do not tolerate bullying in schools anymore!

If your kid is fat…HUSH! Don’t tell them! Tell them everyday how thy are a smart and beautiful sunflower and how they look like an angel.

Yes, it may be an angel with a glandular disorder who sits a tad too close to God’s bakery shop, but an angel none the less!

Good lord, the idea of telling a kid he stinks.

Can you imagine the mental torment!??!

Some of these responses are hilarious

[quote]bdocksaints75 wrote:
Some of these responses are hilarious[/quote]

Like this one.

[quote]

I concur with the posters saying there is something going on in that house, probably serious.

Yeah, you’re potentially hanging that kid out to dry, and that’s crappy. But your kid is your first priority, and if that kid stinkes because, say, his ass is getting raped by his mother’s new baby daddy (or she’s on drugs, or just not there) that’s a problem you don’t want your kid around.

Unless you plan on being VERY pro-active (like going over there, maybe having to call protective services, etc), it’s probably best to have your son not play with that kid.[/quote]

I’ve told my kids flat out, “I don’t want that kid over here and I don’t want you going to his house.”. And they were okay with it. They played sports and were in scouts, these weird kids didn’t because their parents were freak shows and everybody talked about them anyway.

I had parents pull up to drop off their kids, stinking drunk, both men and women with big drinking problems. One guy, drove his kids around with a beer between his legs. By the time these odd kids get to be age 13-14, they have no friends, sad but true.

Rob

I am sorry, are we at a point now where we decry the fall of basic hygiene?

Because here I was, worrying about basic manners and sexual mores…

Apparently, that is too sophisticated an issue.

Oh well:

Most of it highly relevant.

I’d drop him off or walk home with him and scope it out. If its the home or parents you will know as soon as the door opens. (Just like being 15 and playing stink finger)… you’ll just know. I’ve had the talk with my step sons about showers and deodorant. My guess is the home is a mess… I worked with a guy and he stunk bad!!! It went on for weeks, before one person pulled him aside and said “hey man you’ve been stinky lately”. His response was really!!! He was shocked… Came in showered and not smelly.

Some people just dont know, I guess. His problem was laziness, Lived alone and just didnt do anything for himself. Could be parents are lazy. It really sucks for the kid, hes at the age where kids are going to start to realize that kind of thing…

[quote]Professor X wrote:

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

[quote]DarkNinjaa wrote:

Simples.[/quote]
No fuck that.

Wrong!!

No one can ever tell this kid he stinks because it will hurt his feelings…and we do not tolerate bullying in schools anymore!

If your kid is fat…HUSH! Don’t tell them! Tell them everyday how thy are a smart and beautiful sunflower and how they look like an angel.

Yes, it may be an angel with a glandular disorder who sits a tad too close to God’s bakery shop, but an angel none the less!

Good lord, the idea of telling a kid he stinks.

Can you imagine the mental torment!??![/quote]

I got made fun of all the time for my big ears. I got made fun of all the time for my big head. I got made fun of for benig skinny. I got made fun of all the time for being indian (even though I’m pakistani) in my school because it had only white and black people.

If I ever would’ve complained about it to my dad, he’d be like “so…”

I turned out normal. It’s so dumb to brush the truth under the table, cause when they grow up, it’s gonna come out sooner or later and it will probably come out harsher when you’re older.

And parent’s need to stop looking at their kids like they’re a fucking perfect, all it does is make overconfident kids who think more highly of themselves even though they’re not. I know so many kids in college who think they’re geniuses but continue to get nothing but B’s and are happy with that because they “tried”.

[quote]Professor X wrote:

[/quote]

O_O

Oh crap, I just typed a long response/update and must have clicked reset instead of submit. Thanks for all your responses. I’ll try to do this again tomorrow but I’ve got to go to bed now.