T Nation

Sonnen Tests Positive for PEDs

Oh Snap!!!

Oooooooooh
That’s not very good. Nothing sucks more than having a good fight tainted.

Edit: I guess Nate’s up. Isn’t Vitor fighting Okami?

Wonder if it will be nandrolone like alot of fighters (who get caught) seem to get caught for…

I am surprised more guys don’t get popped.

Well, you know they’re going to test on the day of the fight. You’ve got a pretty good guess as to how long the stuff stays in your system, and just in case most guys do a massive cut to make weight, which pushes a lot of water though their system in a short time. With testing protocols like that, I’m amazed they catch anyone. You’d have to be clueless about what you’re doing to get caught in a post-fight test.

So far it looks like they didn’t find any steroid compound he was busted for "abnormal levels of testosterone. "

http://www.mmaweekly.com/absolutenm/templates/dailynews.asp?articleid=12655&zoneid=13

Fuck CSAC and their Olympic testing.

[quote]devildog_jim wrote:
Well, you know they’re going to test on the day of the fight. You’ve got a pretty good guess as to how long the stuff stays in your system, and just in case most guys do a massive cut to make weight, which pushes a lot of water though their system in a short time. With testing protocols like that, I’m amazed they catch anyone. You’d have to be clueless about what you’re doing to get caught in a post-fight test.[/quote]

Good points.

An abnormal spike of testosterone right before a match/bout often means the athlete was using because he was too groggy to perform well.

The whole PED shit sickens me, I wish athletes across disciplines showed some solidarity and came clean so the bloody hiding and denial comes to an end.

i read an article of MMA.com or CagePotato that said he told the CSAC prior to testing…so it’s going be wierd that he even fought, with them knowing that.

Question:
How would a “don’t ask, don’t tell” policy play out for PED use in sports?
:wink:

Mother Fucker, guess who’s hurt again. Thaaaaaaaat’s right Belfort out Marquardt in for number one contender against Okami.

What. The fuck?
Vitor’s following in David Terrell’s footsteps.

http://mmajunkie.com/news/20748/champ-anderson-silva-vs-vitor-belfort-targeted-for-early-2011-possibly-ufc-125.mma

Oy.

fucking lol
If Belfort wins he’ll beat Silva’s record for becoming champion of a division with the least number of fights (0).

[quote]rundymc wrote:
fucking lol
If Belfort wins he’ll beat Silva’s record for becoming champion of a division with the least number of fights (0).[/quote]

He beat Franklin and was already scheduled to fight Silva in Abu Dubai before injuring himself which lead to the Mai fight debacle and won the ufc hw tournament at UFC 12 and was the former LHW champ…

Not to mention that speedy job on Lindland. I’m not disputing him being fit for the job (hell, before the Sonnen fight I thought he had the best chance against Silva), only questioning the, let’s say fairness, in giving him the title shot given he hasn’t had a fight at 185. Okami has had a good run afterall.

Regardless, the resulting two matchups are VERY compelling.

[quote]rundymc wrote:
Not to mention that speedy job on Lindland. I’m not disputing him being fit for the job (hell, before the Sonnen fight I thought he had the best chance against Silva), only questioning the, let’s say fairness, in giving him the title shot given he hasn’t had a fight at 185. Okami has had a good run afterall.

Regardless, the resulting two matchups are VERY compelling.[/quote]

He was already scheduled to face Silva after he beat Franklin before getting injured, he fought Franklin at 195 per Franklin’s request not Vitor.

Fair for Okami? Maybe not but it makes the most sense and Okami doesn’t really draw yet (hasn’t really been marketed) but a big win over Marquardt could really build him up.

Yeah because Franklin is a LHW it’s really a dumb point. I just want to watch it because I think it’s an exciting fight.