Sonisphere - Metal Festival

http://www.sonispherefestivals.com/

Did anyone go to this last year?

It’s on June-August throughout Europe.

2010 UK Lineup includes: Iron Maiden, Rammstein, Slayer, Fear Factory, Alice Cooper, Placebo, The Cult, and Anthrax.

Warsaw is my pick of lineups: Metallica, Anthrax, Megadeth, Mastodon, Slayer and Behemoth.

It looks immense. Uk gets more bands because it’s a 2 day festival.

I watched the 2009 show on Palladia this past week. Everything was awesome, and then Limp Bizkit came on the stage…

I don’t know how you can have those douchemonkeys on the same stage with Machine Head, Metallica, et al, but they did it and it pretty much ruined the whole show.

Zurich is my fave lineup: The Big 4 w/Heaven & Hell, Motorhead, and Rise Against. That is damn near the perfect show. I might go if I can get someone to go with me.

Yeh i’m not sure Placebo and Papa Roach belong up there with Maiden this year, they’re alright bands in their own softer genre.

Didn’t even check Zurich, that is a pretty sweet lineup. I’d be tempted to do a mini-european tour cos the tickets are dirt cheap with the exchange rate, £40 (have paid more to see metallica) so the biggest expense will be flights.

Gonna have to give heaven & hell a listen.

self bump! i think self bumping is frowned upon by the church…

Less than a month before Metal history, anyone from England making the trip? I know the Knebworth tix came with free Poland tix for the first 2000 purchases, so there’ll be a large contigent of us.

Thanks to Ryanair (and to moneysavingexpert.com for showing me how to avoid ryanair’s fees) we’re going to Lodz for £10 return then hopping on a train to Warsaw for the festival.

Who’s gonna kill em all!!!

Sweet line ups. Metallica and Iron Maiden are bands I really want to see. Also Rammstein, Megadeth, Slayer and Alice Cooper should be good. I did want to get tickets early then get the free tickets for the Poland one, but finding people to go and money were a problem unfortunately.