T Nation

Songs that make you wanna puke

We had a top 10 band, top 10 movie, etc… Now, what pathetic song once screwed your entire workout? I remember when I began to lift weights, it was in 1984. No matter what time I worked out, there was always that song playing on the radio that made me drop my dumbbells. It was Stevie Wonder’s “I just called to say I love you”. Since then, I consider that song the most estrogenic song ever. What’s your pick?

“It’s raining men”…i don’t know how anyguy can listen to that song without his T-levels going down.

Gee, where to begin? At my gym, they have pop music on constantly, which generally consists of a Britney/Backstreet/NStink/Celine Dion rotation (Celine has a couple good posing songs though). Don’t get me wrong, to each their own but HOW THE HELL CAN YOU WORK OUT TO THIS TYPE OF MUSIC? Needless to say I have a Walkman. Anyway, for recent music, hands down, “Who Let the Dogs Out.” Older stuff: Hanson’s “MMMBop,” Madonna’s “True Blue,” George Harrison “Got My Mind Set On You,” there’s just way too many. And speaking of these top 10 lists, I propose we have a new one on here every week a la Letterman. This has been fun so far.

Anything by Eminem… pathetic name but his music is even worse. All that wussified pop garbage is a Test killer too.

Oh, I’m an expert on this topic! My gym play easy-listening desntist’s office music (notice that “bad music” was the most common gym complaint in last month’s conversation here?). Simply Red’s “I keep holdin’ on”, or Queen’s “Bohemian Rhapsody” (I know I’ll get flamed for that–there are still guys out there who haven’t realized that this song sucks, and think it’s a classic), or if I hear than damned “Who let the dogs out?” song at my gym one more time I’m gonna throw weights into the mirrors.

without a doubt, Rod Stewart. That fucking broken arrow, bottle of wine song

Celine Dion - My Heart Will Go On. worst/most overplayed song in history

How about “total eclipse of the heart”. It came on the sissy ass pop station right when i was going to do a heavy set of squats. Joe Gold is right, no music is best. You want music, bring a walkman. I just bought my own equipment and put it in my chiropractic office.

anything by eminem? Personally rap and punk pumps me up for workouts, em included (Except the 2 pop songs Real SLim Shady and My name is)

Here are my votes:

1. ANYthing by Michael Bolton, but especially, “Love is a Wonderful Thing”

2. Sade’s “Smooth Operator”–this song just puts me to sleep.

3. Meatloaf’s “I Would Do Anything for Love.”

4. Village People’s “YMCA.”

5. Poison’s “Every Rose has it’s Thorns”