T Nation

Songs Played Backwards?

Messages in songs played backwards?

See for yourself

http://jeffmilner.com/backmasking.htm

Hey, we just found out behind the ‘Hit Me Baby One More Time’ mystery.

It all makes sense now!

Seriously, it’s overkill. Take all the songs written out there, and you’re bound to eventually find something interesting when listened to backward … if you sample enough stuff.

And, anyway, why would the subconcious detect this information? It’s already got more than it can handle with normal stuff.

okay I just listened to them, and whoever believes that is not too smart.

it’s just a half-assed attempt to make people think this is what the song reads when played backwards.

the lyrics are so mismatched its ridiculous.

anyone can think of some lyrics that sounds like these songs backwards, and its not even that close.

[quote]KiloSprinter wrote:
okay I just listened to them, and whoever believes that is not too smart.

it’s just a half-assed attempt to make people think this is what the song reads when played backwards.

the lyrics are so mismatched its ridiculous.

anyone can think of some lyrics that sounds like these songs backwards, and its not even that close.[/quote]

Hmmmmmm… you should listen to “Stairway to Heaven” again. Maybe twice. That one is clear as day. You can follow along with the lyrics very easily. Some of them you can’t make anything out, but the ones that are clear as day are “Stairway to Heaven” and the Pink Floyd one.

I can’t make anything out of them, except “Another one bites the dust”,which sounds like “smoke the marijuana”.

[quote]thrasher wrote:
I can’t make anything out of them, except “Another one bites the dust”,which sounds like “smoke the marijuana”.[/quote]

You should be able to press the words “Show Reverse Lyrics” and it will show what they are saying in reverse :slight_smile:

[quote]HouseOfAtlas wrote:
thrasher wrote:
I can’t make anything out of them, except “Another one bites the dust”,which sounds like “smoke the marijuana”.

You should be able to press the words “Show Reverse Lyrics” and it will show what they are saying in reverse :)[/quote

They make alot more sense now, Thanks HOA!

If these songs really contained backwards lyrics when you play the song backwards it would sound like the singer was singing normally (ie forwards) and not the garbled crap that you actually hear.

Fun stuff, but there is nothing to it. Sort of like lying on your back on the grass on a warm summer day and looking up at the clouds. One person sees a “dog” another thinks it looks like a “clown.” Basically, you see what you want to see, in this case you hear what you want to hear.

I think the Devil could find a better way to do some recruiting than to put some backward messages in songs. Anyway, rock n roll doesn’t need to hide its message anyway, just listen to the songs normally and you will get all the sex, drugs, and sin you would ever need.

I would love to see someone start picking on church hymns to see what kind of messages that come from playing them backwards.

From Imagine: “The people war beside me.”

Very compelling.

Hail, Satan!

[quote]ZEB wrote:
Fun stuff, but there is nothing to it. Sort of like lying on your back on the grass on a warm summer day and looking up at the clouds. One person sees a “dog” another thinks it looks like a “clown.” Basically, you see what you want to see, in this case you hear what you want to hear.

[/quote]

Exactly. Our brains try to create patterns all the time. That’s what they’re hardwired to do. Therefore, sometimes they make up a pattern where none actually exists. Like hearing the voice of the Devil in backwards music.

At the end of Prince’s “Darling Nikki” you can clearly hear the words “Hello, how are you? I am fine because I know the Lord is coming soon”.

[quote]ToShinDo wrote:
ZEB wrote:
Fun stuff, but there is nothing to it. Sort of like lying on your back on the grass on a warm summer day and looking up at the clouds. One person sees a “dog” another thinks it looks like a “clown.” Basically, you see what you want to see, in this case you hear what you want to hear.

Exactly. Our brains try to create patterns all the time. That’s what they’re hardwired to do. Therefore, sometimes they make up a pattern where none actually exists. Like hearing the voice of the Devil in backwards music.[/quote]

According to a neuroscientist learned friend of mine, our brains look for algorythms. Say, for example, there is 1 algorythm for the alphabet. there are millions of algorythms that are not, so our brain has to distinguish *and make some leaps and fill in holes) phonics that align to this algorythm. This is the case with language (all language has similar structure in its aquisition).

This is also why people see mother terresa in a danish ( i kid you not) or other such miricles.
This is what occurs to the “ghost recordings in walls” nonsense that some supernaturalist comes up with.

Who the hell listens to their music backwards anyway?

Just what I want to do prior to a workout.

This kind of reminds me of the Bible Code hoax, where some guy wrote a book claiming if you do some sort of counting/calculations with the words and letters in certain books of the Bible, certain events have been predicted and others can be. Some researchers (I wanna’ say Harvard) decided to use the system on several other books and found that you can find stuff like that in just about any book if you really want to and look long enough. So many people just WANT to believe this kind of stuff. I certainly believe in supernatural/unexplainable occurrences, but some people are just desperate…