Something to Benefit Us All

[quote]Short Hoss wrote:

I want to know who the hell needs “special exercises”.

They’re called the “Basics” for a reason.[/quote]

Special exercises in the sense to bring up or target a specific body part that may be lagging behind due to an “inefficient mind-muscle connection”.

I’m not looking to call you out, but I think it’s fairly obvious that the “basics” simply will not cut it for everyone, specifically someone looking to develop optimal proportion throughout their whole body.

Some people are shoulder, bicep, chest,etc … dominant and have difficulty bringing up those body parts which are not. Some because they’ve only doing bench and curls only 3-5x per week, and some because of their specific body type.

Perhaps you misunderstood my use of “special” exercises, but certainly the basics will not always take care of everything.

[quote]Blongo wrote:
Perhaps you misunderstood my use of “special” exercises, but certainly the basics will not always take care of everything.
[/quote]

The hell they won’t. It may come down to simply semantics, but I believe there are basics for EVERY body part. For example, for Chest you have bench, legs got squats, for back you have rows or pulldowns, and so forth and so on.

Once again, you don’t need special exercises.

[quote]Short Hoss wrote:
Blongo wrote:

The hell they won’t. It may come down to simply semantics, but I believe there are basics for EVERY body part. For example, for Chest you have bench, legs got squats, for back you have rows or pulldowns, and so forth and so on.

Once again, you don’t need special exercises.[/quote]

What exactly do you think special exercises are?

For example I consider the Cobra pull-down and Tsuzuki press that CT provided in some of his articles to be special exercises.

I don’t believe they are necessary for EVERYONE to build a complete physique, but there are definitely people who will not get complete development of their lats from Chins, pull-downs, and rows.

Some body parts dominate others. Your body doesn’t give a shit if you’re trying to build your upper chest when you’re doing incline presses, and flies won’t work forever. In that case, throw something new in, maybe something out of the ordinary, maybe a special exercise.

It all depends on what your definition of a “special exercise” is. I’m not suggesting one disregard the main compound movements. That’s where the bulk of your muscle will be built. But certainly not all of it.

[quote]Short Hoss wrote:
Blongo wrote:

Once again, you don’t need special exercises.[/quote]

What exactly do you think special exercises are?

For example I consider the Cobra pull-down and Tsuzuki press that CT provided in some of his articles to be special exercises.

I don’t believe they are necessary for EVERYONE to build a complete physique, but there are definitely people who will not get complete development of their lats from Chins, pull-downs, and rows.

Some body parts dominate others. Your body doesn’t give a shit if you’re trying to build your upper chest when you’re doing incline presses. It has been beaten to death here and other places, when you’re lifting weight, your body is trying to avoid injury, so if your shoulders are stronger than your upper chest, guess what, not all of the tension will be placed on your chest. Certainly you can do flies, but they won’t work forever. In that case, throw something new in, maybe something out of the ordinary, maybe a special exercise.

It all depends on what your definition of a “special exercise” is. I’m not suggesting one disregard the main compound movements. That’s where the bulk of your muscle will be built. But certainly not all of it.

Are we done now?