Something to Be Aware Of: Pills

First I’d like to say that I take full blame for the problem I am going to describe, and place no fault on Biotest for my own stupidity, lack of attention and carelessness. However, I just wanted to relate my story so others don’t make the same dumb mistake as me.

Beta-7 and Biotest’s BCAAs are staple supplements for me. I take Beta-7 as recommended, 6 tablets spread throughout the day (2 tablet servings every 8 hours, 6:30am, 2:30pm and 10:30pm) and I take 12 BCAA tablets on workout days (6 pre-workout and another 6 post-workout)

For those of you that don’t take both Beta-7 and Biotest’s BCAAs, the tablets are almost identical in size, shape and color and the bottles are similar too. Last week I accidentally grabbed my bottle of Beta-7 instead of my BCAAs when I went to workout. This was at 7pm after already taking my morning and afternoon servings of Beta-7. I got to the gym and thinking I had my bottle of BCAAs, I popped another 6 Beta-7s, bring my total for the day to 10.

Luckily I had very minor adverse effects that I can only describe as a funny feeling. Oddly enough, I didn’t get the skin tingling sensation (although on rare occasions I get it when I take the normal 2 tab dose). I didn’t get a good workout in and I just felt off the rest of the day. I didn’t feel to great the next day either but now I feel fine.

I decided to post this since I just tried Z-12 for the first time and I noticed it looks exactly like ZMA which reminded me of my experience. So let me experience be a lesson to you, always double check which supplements you grabbed before you get a surprise later on.

If you look closely, the Beta-7 has a more golden color with gray flecks where as the BCAA is an ivory white with gray flecks.

But I do agree with you, supp’s should be required to indicate what they are specifically like prescription drugs do.

Sounds like someone needs a pill organizer hehe

[quote]dfreezy wrote:
Sounds like someone needs a pill organizer hehe[/quote]

Yeah, I wish someone sold a pill organizer big enough to handle all the supps I take… maybe I’ll make my own out of some plywood and 2x4s hehe

[quote]RichSpidizzy wrote:
dfreezy wrote:

Yeah, I wish someone sold a pill organizer big enough to handle all the supps I take… maybe I’ll make my own out of some plywood and 2x4s hehe[/quote]

Just be like Ronnie Coleman and use a Tackle Box haha

[quote]BeforeIforget wrote:
RichSpidizzy wrote:
dfreezy wrote:

Yeah, I wish someone sold a pill organizer big enough to handle all the supps I take… maybe I’ll make my own out of some plywood and 2x4s hehe

Just be like Ronnie Coleman and use a Tackle Box haha
[/quote]

LOL, that’s actually not a bad idea!

does ronnie bring a full size fridge in the back of his car with that tackle box?