T Nation

Something COOL!

Deion just brought up something neat…

There is the POSSIBILITY that 2, African-American head coaches can meet in the Super Bowl for the first time…

…But the COOL part is that most people (myself included) just think of Tony and Lovie as TWO DAMN GOOD COACHES…period.

Now that’s REALLY cool…!

Mufasa

I never realized either of them were from Africa, I thought they were Americans…


I guess I can’t retort and say “Don’t hijack; save it for the Political Forum…”, because it is sort of a “Political” statement.

Oh, well…who gives a damn! They are two great guys and smart Coaches. So say whatever you guys want to say…

Mufasa

[quote]RoadWarrior wrote:
I never realized either of them were from Africa, I thought they were Americans…[/quote]

If the rest of the responses to this thread are this stunted this thread won’t even be worth reading by tomorrow.

[quote]Mufasa wrote:
…But the COOL part is that most people (myself included) just think of Tony and Lovie as TWO DAMN GOOD COACHES…period.

Now that’s REALLY cool…![/quote]

I agree that it’s really cool. I hope that someday “black” will no longer be an adjective used to describe a person. Reading these forums, however, I continue to remain pessimistic about this.

[quote]RoadWarrior wrote:
I never realized either of them were from Africa, I thought they were Americans…[/quote]

Why be a jackass? He was trying to note a positive development in race relations.

Losers like you will always stay stupid things like this. Of course, it’s reassuring to know that most of your ilk remain confined to trailers.

[quote]CaliforniaLaw wrote:
RoadWarrior wrote:
I never realized either of them were from Africa, I thought they were Americans…

Why be a jackass? He was trying to note a positive development in race relations.

Losers like you will always stay stupid things like this. Of course, it’s reassuring to know that most of your ilk remain confined to trailers.[/quote]

He was noting that the term “African-Americans” is a misnomer. It didn’t have anything to do with race.

Shit I’m as white as they come but no one calls me English-American.

[quote]Ghost22 wrote:
CaliforniaLaw wrote:
RoadWarrior wrote:
I never realized either of them were from Africa, I thought they were Americans…

Why be a jackass? He was trying to note a positive development in race relations.

Losers like you will always stay stupid things like this. Of course, it’s reassuring to know that most of your ilk remain confined to trailers.

He was noting that the term “African-Americans” is a misnomer. It didn’t have anything to do with race.

Shit I’m as white as they come but no one calls me English-American. [/quote]

How many cookies do you want for this?

The really cool thing is I didn’t even give it a passing thought that the coaches are black or white or whatever.

These men are judged by their ability and not the shade of their skin, which is as it should be.

It would be even cooler if I had the day off for MLK day.

That is great…but its not going to happen. Sorry Dungy :wink:

I don’t think so, easy…

Hate to sound like a broken record…but can you say “Bellichek/Brady?”

Mufasa

One other thing easy…

You’re right. The “cool” part was the fact that I (and others) hadn’t even thought about their race.

Tony and Lovie as just damn good Coaches.

Mufasa

Sorry…

ZAP…! (That was your point).

Yep…I think New England is the betting favorite.

Mufasa

To the subject - Lovie Smith, Herm Edwards, and Tony Dungy are not only good coaches, but really class guys.

Not everyone is a Colts fan, but it is hard to say you don’t want a guy like Dungy to have all the success in the world.

[quote]Mufasa wrote:
One other thing easy…

You’re right. The “cool” part was the fact that I (and others) hadn’t even thought about their race.

Tony and Lovie as just damn good Coaches.

Mufasa[/quote]

Obvisouly you thought about it, otherwise you would have felt no need to bring it up.

[quote]RoadWarrior wrote:
I never realized either of them were from Africa, I thought they were Americans…[/quote]

Excellent comment. I think it’s time that we stop that nonsense. Let’s all just be Americans.

[quote]Colin33 wrote:
RoadWarrior wrote:
I never realized either of them were from Africa, I thought they were Americans…

Excellent comment. I think it’s time that we stop that nonsense. Let’s all just be Americans.[/quote]

This was my point…I would think someone very silly for calling me a Spanish-German-Scotch and Irish American…

No dis-respect intended.

[quote]CaliforniaLaw wrote:
Mufasa wrote:
…But the COOL part is that most people (myself included) just think of Tony and Lovie as TWO DAMN GOOD COACHES…period.

Now that’s REALLY cool…!

I agree that it’s really cool. I hope that someday “black” will no longer be an adjective used to describe a person. Reading these forums, however, I continue to remain pessimistic about this.[/quote]

Being that all my ancestors are from Italy, I hope to see the day Im not refered as “White” either.

[quote]RoadWarrior wrote:
Colin33 wrote:
RoadWarrior wrote:
I never realized either of them were from Africa, I thought they were Americans…

Excellent comment. I think it’s time that we stop that nonsense. Let’s all just be Americans.

This was my point…I would think someone very silly for calling me a Spanish-German-Scotch and Irish American…

No dis-respect intended.
[/quote]

Agreed. I don’t believe in race anymore, and the sooner everyone blends into one race the better IMO.

I personally do not see color. If Tony and Lovie happen to be black, I’ll have to take everyone’s word for it.

That being said, they are definitely excellent coaches, but one of them isn’t going to make it. I think Tony has a better chance than Lovie, since the NFL will do everything in their power to get N.O. in the Super Bowl.