T Nation

Something Awesome I Saw Today

Just thought I would share something I saw at gym today.

I got to the bench press and started ramping up, between sets I would check this old guy, must of been about 65yrs +. Just quitely sitting on the squat rack, had squat briefs on with the straps down… Just rolling on knee wraps and really not doing anything to attract attention.

Around him, basically infront of me, were guys abouyt 17, chains/bling earings/colourful tank tops and curling, and Im not joking, 25kg in the squat rack, a bar with 2.5kg each side of it… So facepalm of not as soon as I walked in the gym…

Anyways this old guy basically ramped up in singles to 200kg (440lbs) ATG!!! SQUAT, fucking inspirational to see, just so humble keeping to himself and putting those kids in place with actions of strength…

It was so funny the old guy after putting the straps on and knee wraps, literally spun on his heel and pointed at a PT trainer standing around, and shouted at him to slap his back Hard before he got under the bar, the PT trainer who probably had never squated in his life or had no idea what ramping is, just stood their around this old guy dumb founded, and the old guy shouted at him to do it again hahaha eventually this PT dude slapped the old guy and he basically fucked that weight up! was so awesome to see this, got me amped like nothing else iv experienced before!

Briefs don’t have straps, The guy in the pick doesn’t appear to be wearing briefs. And I’m curious about going ATG suit on, straps down and knees wrapped. I’m willing to bet that would be painful unless it was really lose.

I haven’t seen him in ages! I remember him and I were both deadlifting at the same time once. I felt like such a pussy lol. Nice guy…

[quote]DoubleDuce wrote:
Briefs don’t have straps, The guy in the pick doesn’t appear to be wearing briefs. And I’m curious about going ATG suit on, straps down and knees wrapped. I’m willing to bet that would be painful unless it was really lose.[/quote]

Never fuck up a good story with the facts.

[quote]jjackkrash wrote:

[quote]DoubleDuce wrote:
Briefs don’t have straps, The guy in the pick doesn’t appear to be wearing briefs. And I’m curious about going ATG suit on, straps down and knees wrapped. I’m willing to bet that would be painful unless it was really lose.[/quote]

Never fuck up a good story with the facts. [/quote]

x2 LOL.

[quote]Diluted56 wrote:

It was so funny the old guy after putting the straps on and knee wraps[/quote]

He was wearing straps to, huh?

[quote]tokyopop wrote:
I haven’t seen him in ages! I remember him and I were both deadlifting at the same time once. I felt like such a pussy lol. Nice guy… [/quote]

You should ask him if you can train with him.

[quote]B.L.U. Ninja wrote:

[quote]jjackkrash wrote:

[quote]DoubleDuce wrote:

Never fuck up a good story with the facts. [/quote]

x2 LOL.
[/quote]

x3

He actually looks raw from that pic, which would make the story even better. 450 is no joke for an old ass man regardless, that’s pretty damn cool.

This story makes me remember when I started out the frat boys trying to one-up me, I’ll have to head back there someday and teach some kids a lesson about who their daddy is.

[quote]DoubleDuce wrote:

My briefs have straps.

Jason

[quote]daraz wrote:
He actually looks raw from that pic, which would make the story even better. 450 is no joke for an old ass man regardless, that’s pretty damn cool.

.[/quote]

Hehe yeah well I mean I think his knees must have taken a beating from all the years of powerlifting. He always wears really old powerlifting t-shirts from back in the day, some old school golds gym ones, some competition ones that he competed in. If I catch him at gym again Im gonna ask what his highest lift numbers have been when he was in his prime and stuff…

[quote]JPeggEFS wrote:

[quote]DoubleDuce wrote:

My briefs have straps.

Jason
[/quote]

I stand corrected. Can you go ATG in them?

Something about the story just seemed off to me.

[quote]DoubleDuce wrote:

[quote]JPeggEFS wrote:

[quote]DoubleDuce wrote:

My briefs have straps.

Jason
[/quote]

Something about the story just seemed off to me.[/quote]

What the hell would I do that for? defeats the entire purpose of wearing them. hahahaha

Jason

Train with this man. No question about it.

[quote]JPeggEFS wrote:

[quote]DoubleDuce wrote:

[quote]JPeggEFS wrote:

[quote]DoubleDuce wrote:

My briefs have straps.

Jason
[/quote]

What the hell would I do that for? defeats the entire purpose of wearing them. hahahaha

Jason[/quote]

3 whites means you went too deep kinda guy huh?

[quote]DoubleDuce wrote:

[quote]JPeggEFS wrote:

[quote]DoubleDuce wrote:

[quote]JPeggEFS wrote:

[quote]DoubleDuce wrote:

My briefs have straps.

Jason
[/quote]

Jason[/quote]

3 whites means you went too deep kinda guy huh?[/quote]

I couldnt find “too deep” if I had a map. Just ask my ex wife!

hahahaha

Jason

[quote]JPeggEFS wrote:

[quote]DoubleDuce wrote:

[quote]JPeggEFS wrote:

[quote]DoubleDuce wrote:

[quote]JPeggEFS wrote:

[quote]DoubleDuce wrote:

My briefs have straps.

Jason
[/quote]

Jason[/quote]

I couldnt find “too deep” if I had a map. Just ask Jim Wendler!

hahahaha

Jason[/quote]

Fixed for you :slight_smile:

[quote]brauny96 wrote:

[quote]JPeggEFS wrote:

[quote]DoubleDuce wrote:

[quote]JPeggEFS wrote:

[quote]DoubleDuce wrote:

[quote]JPeggEFS wrote:

[quote]DoubleDuce wrote:

My briefs have straps.

Jason
[/quote]

Jason[/quote]

hahahaha

Jason[/quote]

[/quote]

Fucking rofl

I’m that old guy. :slight_smile: (Or at least I will be in the future!) :slight_smile:

[quote]brauny96 wrote:

[quote]JPeggEFS wrote:

[quote]DoubleDuce wrote:

[quote]JPeggEFS wrote:

[quote]DoubleDuce wrote:

[quote]JPeggEFS wrote:

[quote]DoubleDuce wrote:

My briefs have straps.

Jason
[/quote]

Jason[/quote]

hahahaha

Jason[/quote]

[/quote]

You sonofabitch. BWAHAHAHAHA

Jason