Someone Tried to Mug Me With a Knife

[quote]Alex Good wrote:
You did the right thing, but I would have grabbed his knife hand and pushed it to his heart.[/quote]

Or stabbed yourself in the leg. Or pissed down your leg. I give it a 50/50 chance, and I’m being generous.

[quote]devildog_jim wrote:

[quote]Alex Good wrote:
You did the right thing, but I would have grabbed his knife hand and pushed it to his heart.[/quote]

Or stabbed yourself in the leg. Or pissed down your leg. I give it a 50/50 chance, and I’m being generous.[/quote]

IMO devildog is being VERY generous.

[quote]jasmincar wrote:
I agree with what has been said except for 1 thing. Here it’s deemed ok to ignore someone if they want to talk to you on a quiet street. In alot of other culture such a thing would piss off someone more than anything. In that case the thing to do would tell someone you are not interested with some “tact” in whatever way is appropriate.

Otherwise you are telling them that they are scum, bandit,worthless of your attention and they just might say to themselve “think I am a thief? Well look at me go”. Also Dont stop and walk like you own the place.

But what do I know the odds are with me as I look as a psycho.[/quote]

Great point.

My ready to go line is “Sorry, can’t help you.” while trying to maintain distance, awareness, and/or not break step if applicable. Aiming for courtesy, but if it isn’t accepted recognizing that is a very important sign.

[quote]batman730 wrote:

[quote]Alex Good wrote:

Or stabbed yourself in the leg. Or pissed down your leg. I give it a 50/50 chance, and I’m being generous.[/quote]

IMO devildog is being VERY generous.[/quote]

I meant 50/50 between blood and urine running down his leg. As for hitting the heart? Unless our friend claiming 2 years training experience in his profile is hiding his career as a sooper sekrit spetsnaz ninja assassin, I’d put those odds at only slightly more distant than Stephen Hawking beating Cro Cop in an ass kicking contest.

[quote]batman730 wrote:

[quote]Alex Good wrote:

I meant 50/50 between blood and urine running down his leg. As for hitting the heart? Unless our friend claiming 2 years training experience in his profile is hiding his career as a sooper sekrit spetsnaz ninja assassin, I’d put those odds at only slightly more distant than Stephen Hawking beating Cro Cop in an ass kicking contest.[/quote]

Ah, my mistake. That makes way more sense.

Don’t underestimate Hawking though. He’s a sneaky bastard.

Aight well ya might feel like a coward but Ive spent countless hours training for this very situation and I would still have chosen the same route!! ya neva know anymore with some people man I have training and experience on my side and just the other week I nearly got ran through by some dude @ my local bar on pcp! wooped his ass 12 mins straight on camera b4 he pulled a knive and he was still raring 2 go shit happens but i will always choose life n Im glad u did 2!!

[quote]batman730 wrote:

[quote]batman730 wrote:

[quote]Alex Good wrote:

I meant 50/50 between blood and urine running down his leg. As for hitting the heart? Unless our friend claiming 2 years training experience in his profile is hiding his career as a sooper sekrit spetsnaz ninja assassin, I’d put those odds at only slightly more distant than Stephen Hawking beating Cro Cop in an ass kicking contest.[/quote]

Don’t underestimate Hawking though. He’s a sneaky bastard.[/quote]

No joke, I have heard that when Hawking comes to town you should lock up any liquor and women you plan on keeping. He stole the wife of the guy who designed his first talking computer. How does that work?

[quote]Robert A wrote:

[quote]batman730 wrote:

[quote]batman730 wrote:

[quote]Alex Good wrote:

Don’t underestimate Hawking though. He’s a sneaky bastard.[/quote]

No joke, I have heard that when Hawking comes to town you should lock up any liquor and women you plan on keeping. He stole the wife of the guy who designed his first talking computer. How does that work?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stephen_Hawking[/quote]

Maybe his tongue still works…

Maybe his tongue still works…
[/quote]
devildog_jim,

Made me laugh. Thank you.

[quote]batman730 wrote:

[quote]Alex Good wrote:

Two years of serious bodybuilding. I’ve been fighting since I can remember (My ealiest memory is of a fight when I was around 2. I lost.). I admitted walking away would be the smart thing to do, but I would not piss my pants. No comment on whether or not I would accidentally stab myself.

[quote]Alex Good wrote:
Two years of serious bodybuilding. I’ve been fighting since I can remember (My ealiest memory is of a fight when I was around 2. I lost.). I admitted walking away would be the smart thing to do, but I would not piss my pants. No comment on whether or not I would accidentally stab myself.[/quote]

When someone in their second post, on their first day, with no fighting background listed in their profile or post, tells me in a self-congratulatory manner that they would stab an armed attacker in the heart with said attacker’s own knife you’ll excuse me for not being the first one to either believe him or find that information particularly useful.

We’ve seen more than out fair share of internet tough guys already, so in the future feel free to just PM that post to yourself and save us the time of hitting “block.”

[quote]Alex Good wrote:
Two years of serious bodybuilding. [/quote]

Well fuck me sideways Bruce Lee, forget we ever even questioned your prowess with a blade.

Devil - Good point, I hadn’t given you enough information to accurately judge how well I can fight. I apologise for that.
FightinIrish26 - You don’t seem to have anything either constructive or civil to say so fuck off.

[quote]Alex Good wrote:
Devil - Good point, I hadn’t given you enough information to accurately judge how well I can fight. I apologise for that.
FightinIrish26 - You don’t seem to have anything either constructive or civil to say so fuck off.[/quote]

Hey, you’re the bodybuilder with two years “experience.” I’ll defer to you on self defense knowledge any day.

Hell, I think you could talk about space programs and international politics as well and those two years will make your credible there as well.

Every situation is different, but avoiding a confrontation is the best way. Someone like this has nothing to lose. They could kill you in the street and not care. You have everything to lose. Additionally, they see you as a target, and you see them as a person. This makes what they are willing to do to you different than what you are willing to do to them.

In a similar story, I was in Atlanta once doing an internship. When I first got there, I had to go to a hotel for orientation. I took the subway, but didn’t know which way to go. I had my bags with me so everyone knew I wasn’t just there for the bars. A guy comes up and asks me if I need help.

I told him where I was going and he said it was right down the street, and he could lead me there. My guard is up, but what am I suppose to do. He knows where I’m supposedly going and as long as we are on the busy street I feel safe. We make a few turns and boom we are at the hotel. The only problem is that we could have made it there in about half the time. I still pull out five bucks from my pocket and offer it to him.

He replies, “The funny thing is that I was going to rob you, but you were so nice to me; not questioning my directions, asking me about how long I’ve lived in Atlanta, and asking me about my family. That I just couldn’t do it. Now you are nice enough to offer me money.” He said I shouldn’t trust people. He then went to help me pick up my bag and realized it weighed about 75lbs and that I was carrying a gun (for my job) under my coat. I told him he shouldn’t think everyone is an easy mark. He laughed.

McG, best story I’ve heard all day.

good thread…in a lot of ways. good to see the OP didn’t get hurt, but was able to learn formt he situation. and good to see everyone here gets it…

Irish has harped on this stuff for a long time, but street fights just aren’t fights.

[quote]FamilyFighter wrote:
Aight well ya might feel like a coward but Ive spent countless hours training for this very situation and I would still have chosen the same route!! ya neva know anymore with some people man I have training and experience on my side and just the other week I nearly got ran through by some dude @ my local bar on pcp! wooped his ass 12 mins straight on camera b4 he pulled a knive and he was still raring 2 go shit happens but i will always choose life n Im glad u did 2!![/quote]

i call bullshit. you “wooped his ass 12 min straight?” either you can’t hit very hard, or your definition of “wooping ass” is different than mine… and i doubt you could go 12 min all out, and if you could, you prolly shoulda left…

this thread, forum and site don’t need more BS internet posturing.