Someone threatened to kill my friend

Hey guys. Someone threatened to kill my friend because he is Indian. I wasn’t there when it happened, but when he told me, I really got upset. Apparently this bastard couldn’t tell the difference between Mid-Easterners and Indians. Being Indian myself, I sometimes fear of leaving my home. Just because my color is the same, and I have features that are closely related to the terrorists, I know I’m going to get harassed. In the past couple of days, I’ve gotten dirty looks and it really hurts. So far, no one has threatened to kill me like what just happened to my friend, but if it happens, I’m gonna have to be a T-Man about it. I might get a few black eyes and a broken nose, but no one has any right to decide the fate of my life unless he wants to fight me first.

I’m sorry to hear that. One of my best friend’s is indian. I never thought that people might associate Indians with the terrorists because from what i understand indians hate afganastans and those other middle eastern countries because they often target india with terrorism too. I haven’t talked with my friend since this has happened but now that i think about it i am sure he has proabably been threatenned too, especially considering that he is currently a student at Emby in Daytona Beach where some of the hijackers were trained to fly. if someone threatens you i would first try to explain to them your position so they understand how ignorant they are and if they still give you shit than do what you have to do.

I am terribly sorry, please take some solace in the fact that the huge majority does not feel that way towards you or those of Arab decent.

reeshdawg, that is awful and cannot be defended. One thing I might suggest is that you and your friend wear a ribbon or small American flag on your breast to show your support of the US. I know it shouldn’t have to come to this, but you cannot be too careful when it comes to the ignorance of others. I felt sorrow this morning for the gas station I see once a week who seemed visibly worried, and thought it terrible that he was obviously not wearing his turbin due to fear. Keep the faith in the good. Be prepared for the evil.

I am native american and some fat fuck at Wendy’s started yelling at ME earlier (I’m half native (cherokee) and half German). I look like any white dude with a tan. My baby sister is PASTY. It pisses me off. I couldn’t even yell back I was so shocked. I even shave my goatee when I got home cuz with my baseball cap on backwards my wife said I kinda do look like “Osama Bin Durst”. Some would be offended by that but I laughed til I had the hiccups. (you see, I’m the clown, not my wife- it caught me off guard)

Hey guys, thanks for your posts. Your support really means a lot to me, especially at a time like this. Che Guevara, you’re idea of wearing ribbons or tiny american flags is a good one. I should have done something like that last week because I really do want to show my support for the victims of this tragedy. Infinity, I’m sorry what happened to you, but when you said your wife told you you like like Osama Bin Durst, I had no choice but to laugh.

That sucks about what happened to you & your friend. All I can say is, get used to it. With what has happened, you’ll get it the rest of your life here in the USA. THIS HAS BEEN MAJOR! AND NO ONE WILL FORGET ANYTIME SOON.

I hate ppl who GENERALIZE terrorists…shit man, I am sorry to hear that…the one thing bastards like those need to learn is that there IS a difference between a normal human and a terrorists…it was not just ANY mid-easterner who terrorized WTC,it was mid-easter TERRORIST!